1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Westbrook sending Rockets signals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, Jul 9, 2019.

1. CALI_MOST_WANTD

He is trolling. He did same thing of him in a Miami Jersey.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

The leaks have seemed to dry up since the fireworks and Butler fiasco.

Deckard likes this.
  3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Are you sure about that? Westbrook has never been an efficient player or a good shooter. His game is most likely not going to age well when he is no longer able to get around his defender and drive the lane.
    Paul is of course not the same player that he used to be, unfortunately. And he is already older than Westbrook. But he is a better, smarter passer and a better shooter.

I guess it could be debatable which would be better to pair with Harden, but for me I would clearly and easily take Paul. 100% every time, not even a close question. Especially considering that we already have Paul and we would have to give up assets to get Westbrook and his equally bad(if not even worse) contract.

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

whether you like it or not, harden and westbrook teaming up in a rockets uni and winning a title would be such an amazing timeline and story.

jayydela, bilaal14, sammy and 2 others like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

none of that really matters at the end of the day, when he's incredibly inefficient and makes pretty bad decisions left and right which has a negative impact on an offense that's emphasizes the things mentioned.

6. MystikArkitect

Chris Paul is going to be a more relevant player moving forward than Brodie.

7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Fair. I am sure Paul is farther down the trajectory than Westbrook...Westbrook still near his peak. Paul didn't seem to help much this year, and Rockets NEED help. Am I sure it would work? Not at all. Do I think it would work better than all the detractors here think? Yes I do. Rockets need a second superstar. Paul isn't any more

photojoe and vlaurelio like this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think desperation is a relative term. Are the Thunder desperate to unload Westbrook's contract?? Probably. Are the Rockets more desperate to field a championship contender than OKC this year?? Absolutely. But yes, you're probably right. 2 first rounders is probably steep.

biff17 likes this.
  9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Thanks for the info, don't know how I forgot about the Butler sign and trade leading to them being hard capped.

If a Miami/OKC trade goes through for some combination of Dragic/Winslow/Olynyk/Johnson/Herro, the player the Rockets should pursue and whom OKC would certainly be looking to move is Danilo Gallinari.

He is on an expiring contract, was possibly the Clippers best player after the Tobias trade and will have lots of interest around the league when OKC looks to trade him.

withmustard likes this.
  10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think Gallo is a great fit if he can stay healthy. I also think Herro is going to be a special player in this league as well. Heck, even Olynk would be good a good fit with his ability to shoot open 3's and grab boards. Many posters here also want Winslow. Any one of those 4 would be a a huge pickup, but Herro probably would be more of an investment vs win now.

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Its my opinion that the Thunder would NOT give up Winslow, Herro or any other young player they would get from a Westbrook trade. They are only 2.4+ million over the cap and if they trade Westbrook, you can expect they'll trade Gallo soon after, since he's a good expiring player that'll fit many contending teams and at 30+ year old... doesn't fit a rebuilding OKC.

12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Of course, no way we get Herro, and doubtful on Winslow. Gallo is the most obtainable by far. I used those names in case a 3 way trade was opened some sort of door for us.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Better playmaker and shooter for sure.

WB is the better athlete and rebounder.

bilaal14 likes this.
  14. MystikArkitect

He’s the Michael Bay Movie of the NBA.

topfive, napalm06 and daywalker02 like this.
  15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Hmmm......those 2 picks looking more realistic now?? Lol jk homie

bilaal14 likes this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

I accept all ridicule.

You were right about them being desperate.

My bad.

17. Acura

Acura Member

Brick brook? I hope that’s sarcasm. Field goal percentage is t everything

18. Acura

Acura Member

He doesn’t have the shot that harden does but he has a lot to offer the game still. I follow Westbrook religiously. Trust me you will love him

RealRocFan47 likes this.
  19. Acura

Acura Member

This thread has leftover a sour taste in my mouth. A lot of Westbrook hate here. Can’t wait for Russ to prov everyone wrong

bilaal14 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

First official RUSS ONLY FAN - ROF? I haven't been paying attention.

welcome.

Bo6, Deuce, bilaal14 and 4 others like this.