1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roll Call: Who leaving their Rockets fandom and what team you moving to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

so... which country are you trump haters moving to?

2. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Listen here Tyler...

Some of us have been loyal fans through much worse times then being one of the most winningest franchises in the last ten years.

Some of us have suffered through much worse than having an MVP caliber player for multiple years in a row.

We’ve watched championship level teams be built over and over only to be destroyed by injury or ego.

We have learned our free agency information by deciphering riddles when you couldn’t simply refresh a Twitter.

We have had the highs of the highs and the lows of the lows but we have always been loyal to our team. Dave has provided us a great place to come “together” as fans, not a place to bash the franchise for every misstep or unfortunate move or lack thereof. I’m not a 99er, I came here in 2001 as a life long Rockets fan but “fandom” sure has changed a bit since then.

Thank you for enlightening me as to what makes this forum special. Special it is indeed.

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

I can't speak to OP's intent but those are definitely the ones that irk me to no end.
    The incessant whinging and the mind-numbing propensity to complain about literally anything gets very annoying.

See the sig

Smacktle and don grahamleone like this.
  4. thekad

thekad Member

Stack up all the good moves vs all the bad moves that have been made since Chris Paul’s hammy went and tell me how different this organization has been from the Lakers.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If CP3 never gets injured game 5, we likely win one of game 6 or 7 and also beat the Cavs and win the championship. The Rockets fans would of been happy and we would of lived with some of the front office and ownership BS that recently has transpired. Instead, he gets injured and we lose. We lose the next year. Now teams are getting better while Morey can only stand pat.

Our cap gurus talked about how amazing Morey has been at maneuvering our cap over the last few years, yet the last two offseasons, when we really really need him to do something, he now has maneuvered himself into a difficult cap situation that not even his genius can get around. Yet all these other teams have all the luck in the world and now are building their team.

It sucks as a fan. The one thing that pisses me off is that we could of had our full NT MLE this season if he would of used the rest of the ****ing mini MLE on House last season. The entire maneuvering that was done last year to avoid giving House a minimum deal in order to avoid the tax speaks volumes. I wasn't fooled anymore by the franchises mouthpieces conveying Morey's message about avoiding the tax at least one of the next few seasons. House got almost the same deal he would of received with the mini MLE. Yet all the Morey fanboys crowned Morey a genius for avoiding the tax.

Now look at the Rockets. We are in desperate need of a big wing defender. We are in desperate need of a back up big man. We are in desperate need of a 4 that could maybe get Tucker move back to the 3. It's possible we could of had Morris or Jamychal Green, not huge stars, but someone to actually solidify our rotation, but once again we were sold on the BS fireworks and the BS story about being close to the hard cap.

If the owner is serious about spending, then ****ing spend. Our genius GM should be able to fill out the rest of the roster with minimum guys even if we are hard capped. I don't care if we lose our flexibility for the rest of the season because flexibility has produced jack **** the last two offseasons.

You have 3 legit contenders in the Warriors, Lakers and Clippers that any future buy out free agent will likely flock too.

Some of y'all can continue this game of being fooled, but I am not. I'll always be a fan, but I am seriously disappointed.

vick likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm only a fan of the rockets' red space uniform. i dunno what i'll do if tilllmen gets rid if it.

J.R. likes this.
  7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I’m good with where I’m at. Have been since they moved to Houston.

J Sizzle, don grahamleone and jcf like this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

They were never true rockets fans anyway

Most of them are LOFs for sure mixed some dwiva, parsons, cp3, and melo only fans

9. ball king23

ball king23 Member

i am a fan but time for talk ended june 30 12:00 pm and July 5 10:40 when both trades went down and we saw butler and Kawhi Leonard go to LA and Mami but not seeing any improvement but faint hope

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, and well overdue.The cocaphanous litany of said whiners continues ad infinitum ..Part of an overwhelming/growing negative vibe that has hung over our forum for quite awhile now...years, actually.

xaos, Richie_Rich, Smacktle and 3 others like this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

One of the few in this place that doesn’t bug me when you have a second. Wouldn’t blame you for flipping either.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, yes!!! This!! Hahah, I'm a Rockets fan win or lose, life long fan and I'm from Houston... So, no bandwagon plans here or ever.

13. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody would mind if you left for the reddit forums. You won’t be missed here.

xaos and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The overwhelming negativity on the site is depressing and tiring.
    People don't even seem like fans anymore. . . . . seems we have more trolls and anti-fans than anything
    We use to worry about ___OnlyFans . . . but now they seems like they would be welcome
    to some of the isth on the site now

Rocket River

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with this at all. If one does nothing but endlessly whine and b**** and moan, they don't belong here... pure and simple.

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Nothing wrong with this at all. If one does nothing but endlessly whine and b**** and moan about the whining and b****ing and moaning, they don't belong here... pure and simple.

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I'll be taking my fan talents to South China where I will be rooting for my new favorite basketball team the Guangdong Southern Tigers.

[​IMG]

廣東宏遠華南虎: 来拿些吧!!!

jevjnd likes this.
  18. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Been a rockets fan since 2006 and ain’t gonna stop now.

#runitbacktwotimes

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

True fandom is loyal to the franchise, even when critical of the current regime, just as patriotism is loyal to the nation when critical of the current regime.

20. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I bleed Rockets' red, oh..and LFC of course.