1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm just glad he is healthy and can live a normal life. I honestly don't care if he plays football.

Brando2101 and raining threes like this.
  3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Just when you think everything is going your way....

4. gucci888

That would be a big time loss. Hopefully Herman can reel him back in but sounds like he’s gone.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Millennials

7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

TFB (Super K) on Bru:
    A few things here to add to my report from yesterday morning…

***I did reach out to someone I know quite well in the McCoy family. I did not hear back. Given the connection I have with said person, the fact that I didn’t hear back tells me all I need to know. Namely, again, that what we noted yesterday regarding the veracity of the rumors is true.

***At this point a number of outlets are reporting that Bru isn’t going to return. I have not been told that by anyone in the McCoy family but I spoke to a person close to the situation and said person spoke on the matter as if it is a forgone conclusion. But again, I haven’t received that direct from the family.

***Source said that Bru has actually been contemplating the return to USC for quite some time. It sounds like it may have been within the first few weeks of arriving at Texas that Bru decided he wanted to return. Source said that Bru didn’t know, “100% but it was a really rough adjustment”.

***Also, was told that USC does have a scholarship for Bru. I only point that out because I know we had heard they didn’t have one for Chris Steele. For clarification, I’m told that they now have a spot for both Bru and Steele though, as you know, Steele appears headed to Oregon.

***I think an important point to note here is that this has, in my opinion, nothing to do with Texas. I’ve been to Mater Dei. I’ve seen the environment Bru was in. It’s the best of Southern California. It’s an affluent community that is very tightly knit. You’ll recall that once I returned from my trip to California in the fall, I really started to feel the chances of Texas landing Bru were slim. The reason I felt that way is having been to the game and to the school, I could tell it was a type of life/community that would be very hard to leave.

***Bru in fact did sign with USC but ultimately did leave. I remember speaking to his family member around that time and was told that Bru felt USC was too much like high school. I think it turns out that perhaps it took him going away to realize just how good things were in that bubble, for lack of a better word.

***Again, I don’t think it would matter if Bru had been at Texas, Alabama, Florida or anywhere else. If Bru does indeed return to USC, my sense is it will be because of what he loves about where he’s from and not due to anything he dislikes about Texas, in particular.

8. rockbox

Sounds like Bru is a little spoiled. I'm not holding that against him. It's nice to have options. However, it's like being a good looking movie star, when every hot chick wants to get with you, it's hard to be faithful.

tinman likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This isn’t really directed at you. Just in general. I can’t wait for the next generation term to come. I’m so tired of old people b****ing about millennials.

BMoney likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

This dude must have lived like a king if being a star UT player in Austin is a tough culture shock.
    I mean any UT alum no matter what age knows how the football player status is there.

And it's not like people from California can't adjust to Austin, they pretty much are 50% of the new residents

11. rockbox

From what I've read, he comes from a pretty affluent area in California, so he got standards.

12. Buck Turgidson

It's called the University of Spoiled Children for a reason.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah ok sure. I am tired of throwing the word around so often. Generalizing an entire generation. I'll leave it at that. Having a discussion with you is like going in circles with a goldfish.

14. gucci888

He's not at practice, presumably still back in Cali so safe to say he's gone. 247 saying it's a bad case of homesickness but whatever. Apparently him and his dad have been reluctant to sign the transfer waiver from the start.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. gucci888

247 also reporting that Texas isn’t expect to make Zach Evans Top 5. I know it’s not even June but not a good development.

17. Buck Turgidson

That would be very, very surprising to me.

eta: and I don't really care about the McCoy situation, he would have been very nice to have, but he pretty much just fell in our laps and now he's gone. The above situation would bother me greatly, especially after everything he's said about UT and the OL recruits etc....

#11757 Buck Turgidson, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  18. Brando2101

It's already here. It's called Gen Z. They are currently between 4-24 years old (nearly 74 million in U.S.)

peleincubus likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

They should send Ricky Williams as part of the entourage

20. Brando2101