1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. sogood.

sogood. Member

2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know. Maybe because they are the Knicks?

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

CP3, Capela, EGo for #4 pick. sign Butler & DJ, draft Garland. Yes it's alot for the #4 pick but part of me feels it's not even enough. Unloads tons of money and makes us flexible for the forseeable future. Garland is a STUD. LeBron probably can't recognize that CP3 has declined as he's taken YMCA talent to the finals his entire career. LA needs a center and this gives them one locked up on a pretty decent deal. CP3 is the godfather to LeBrons children and he'd still be very useful to LeBron. I'd think they can get more for the #4 but a man can hope

Garland/Rivers
    Harden/Daniels (or random cheap pickup)
    Butler/House
    PJ/Clark
    DJ/Fartenstein

Von Rafer likes this.
  4. sogood.

sogood. Member

Lakers offer just got a whole lot better. They're packaging that pick for AD.

IMO they have LeBron/Kyrie/AD to start the season.

5. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

New York can offer 3rd, Knox, and the Dallas picks.

Let's spin the wheels on this Garland thing with LA. He's a perfect fit with the Rockets and Harden.

BigggReddd likes this.
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

As Von Rafer said above, NYK has a better offer ready. Why wouldn't NO want to pair Zion with RJ WITH sending AD off to the East? Washington isn't moving on from Beal this offseason, if they move on from anyone it's Wall and he's not even worthy of the 4th pick in the 2nd round let alone the first. EGo, CP3, Capela and even picks might look like a damn good offer to LeBron and Pelinka. Garland would extend Hardens effective prime a couple years as he can take some load off as he develops.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If that happens …. I hope the league nixes the deal like they did the Rockets trade a few years back.

With all the tampering that's gone on , AD shouldn't go to LA.

8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Hell no, NOLA is drafting Williamson and getting a king's ransom from Boston to start over. Boston can offer talent that can play now and picks. Toronto is the main competition to Boston that I can see and this is going to happen fast because the teams acquiring him are using it as leverage to keep other players. Kyrie is going to the Knicks with Durant.

9. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Get back Ariza first

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If I'm wrong about the exceptions below let me know capologists

1. Capela to Atlanta for #8 (Atlanta should be able to absorb Clint's salary after the season is over)
    2. Gordon to Indiana for #14 (Indiana should be able to absorb Eric's salary after renouncing all of their non-bird free agents)

This creates two trade exceptions of $15.9 million for Clint and $14.06 for Eric.

3. Use #8 and #14 and trade them to Boston for Jaylen Brown
    4. Use Gordon's exception to acquire Robert Covington (Morey calling Rosas for a favor)
    5. Use Capela's exception to acquire Mason Plumlee (Denver gotta pay Jamal Murray this summer)
    6. Sign Deandre, bring back Rivers

Jordan/Plumlee
    Tucker
    Brown/Covington
    Harden
    Paul/Rivers

Or hell, start both Brown and Covington and move Paul into the 6th man role

Jordan/Plumlee
    Tucker
    Covington
    Brown/Rivers
    Harden/Paul

#1490 steddinotayto, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That’s a lot to give up for jaylen brown as much as I like him thats steep.

12. steddinotayto

In terms of picks or players (Capela, Gordon) overall? If it's the former then we can surely keep Gordon on the team. Again, this proposal might be TOTALLY illegal if my trade exceptions are not allowable under the CBA.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This team isn't meaningfully better than what we had this year, or last year. It may be better around the edges.

Also, is there some reason people think DJ would be able to stay on the court vs. the GSW? Should he suck less than Capela did this year? I mean... sure, who wouldn't? Lol. But Capela isn't the only center that has struggled against GSW. Basically EVERY traditional center does come playoff time.

steddinotayto likes this.
  14. JayZ750

The above team isn't a "win-now" team. I like your effort to try and keep open the current window and extend it, but the fact is a 19 year old Darius Garland isn't going to come in and be able to compete against the likes of GSW/Splash Brothers....

I'm all for what you propose, just pointing out if you do that, you might as well go all out on a rebuild...

15. steddinotayto

I really thought about that (Clint's ineffectiveness vs GSW the past two playoffs) and was looking for a 4 that can start at our "center" position, rebound, fit into Clint's cap number, and is available but really couldn't find anyone.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The picks.

17. JayZ750

Yeah. I mean that is a league wide problem when going up against GSW. The hope is that Iguodala eventually succumbs to age. He is 35. But then, Kerr manages him exceptionally during the regular season.

Whatever the case, the repeated tendency for this board to just be like "don't worry, we'll just sign DJ" as if (i) that will happen (even if he wants to come here, he also wants MONEY), and (ii) that will solve the center problem, is just funny overall.

18. steddinotayto

it's definitely a sad state of affairs lol

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

This is your big weak spot here. Would Rosas really give up a 3&D starter who was All-Defensive 1st Team last year for a trade exception as a favor to his former boss?

To put it another way, would you be willing to make a really terrible decision in your first months at a new dream job you've waited years for as a favor to anyone?

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, "funny". We'll be laughing til tears squirt out of our eyes when DJ is shooting free throws.

Clint fills the role fairly well (until we played GSW) since there are no elite centers available/acquirable. Unless Morey the White tosses aside his grey cloak and lands us Anthony Davis, all of us crying out, "Mithrandir! Mithrandir!"