1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Contact the league about the officiating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Apr 28, 2019.

1. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

I tried three browsers to send my petition to the league office, but the message will not send. All I got was error message. Can some in the forum tell me what else to do to send this message. Thanks.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Why can't we do both?

The way a 'popularity based' business like the NBA works is in some ways similar to governments and polling. If they are discovering a swell of support for an issue, they are far more likely to do something about it.

Sending them a message by actually sending a message is proven to be quite effective. Give it a go! Just cut and paste the points from the original thread if you want - but putting them in your own words (nicely) gives more impact.

BamBam likes this.
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Did you tick the little recatchpa "I'm not a robot" box at the bottom?

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

We're not looking for replies.

Just putting official complaint numbers forward. Enough numbers and they will do something - I don't care if they don't get back to me, as long as something is done.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they will not do anything. for every complaint they receive there are 500 worrier fans and 1000 harden haters out there thanking them at the same time

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Really? I doubt they are sending anything in to the league on the 'officiating' section of the website - chatter on twitter is white noise compared to people who go to the effort of logging a thoughtful, concerned, direct contact.

7. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

Yes I did.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

cp3's tech w/ no time left on the clock covered the vegas line by 1 point tonite. you really believe these MFers care what someone emails them?

9. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

Yes I did and I still got a message saying 'message did not send please try later. I tried Microsoft edge, google chrome, and firefox browsers. All with the same message.

10. RocsFan

RocsFan Member

I've watched a lot of NBA games. Virtually all the rockets games for decades and I've never seen anything that made me think "conspiracy" before this series of uncalled potentially dangerous fouls taking the landing space away from three point jump shooter(s). I am not sure what the conspiracy is about exactly... I know most of Clutchfans thinks it's anti-Rockets winning bias, but I'm not convinced. It certainly seemed that the Warriors had some advance knowledge that these fouls would not be called or were just extremely quick to 'figure it out' and take full advantage of the situation. Anyway, I did send a message to the NBA... can't hurt presumably... and just call me CONFUSED. Usually "unfair" refereed games have all sorts of different types of poor calls... usually against both teams at least to some extent... and of course there were bad calls that went against the Warriors in this game as well, but the consistent failure to call a foul on failing to leave space to land for a ROCKET three point jump shooter was VERY STRANGE INDEED.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

last year's game 7 did make you think that?

BamBam likes this.
  12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I wrote in. Why not? Thanks for posting the link. I think we all should write in.

As OP said, don't be nasty, don't be emotional, just state facts and ask for answers.

BamBam likes this.
  13. jcf

jcf Member

I had to try three times before it finally said "sent successfully."

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

Not a conspiracy theory when it is clear to me that GSW going to the finals is a much more profitable thing to do than HOU doing it.

That said, I still hope we win the series. I just know in the back of my head, the refs are never going to be on our side this whole series. I think it is worth having the team plan around that, but still not avoiding the fear of taking shots. Just need to work extra hard on the gameplan for the shots. Otherwise, this is going to be really tough to win out in the series.

15. izeroi

izeroi Member

It's a lost cause. Warriors are the NBA darlings and everyone (refs) know it. If they aren't going to call blatant things like Klay/co. sticking their feat under players (Rockets) feet when they land then there's no point.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A viral video will help scare them. If an embarrassment is in the media and everybody is talking about it, they have no choice but do something.

The NFL quickly try to fix the problem after the blatant blown call in the suer bowl was talked about everywhere.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bump.

I received a reply from the NBA about my polite enquiry.

For them to reply and acknowledge an issue gives me faint hope.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

me too, boilerplate, but still. If enough folks do this over last night's or any other game, someone at the league will notice.

Dear Os,

Thanks for contacting us about the officiating during Sunday’s Rockets-Warriors game. The NBA has a covenant with its fans: the foundation of this sport is the promise that nothing other than the skill and performance of the players on the court will determine a game’s outcome.

To preserve the trust of our fans, we make every effort to ensure that league processes and procedures are as thorough and transparent as possible. Our players, coaches and staff conduct themselves in accordance with the highest standards of honesty, truthfulness, ethics and fair dealing to preserve the integrity of the game both on and off the court.

You can find more information about the league’s commitment to transparency in its officiating program at www.NBA.com/official.

Thanks again for writing us and sharing your views.

Sincerely,

Bill
    NBA Fan Relations​

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Playing reverse psychology.

I emailed them saying that Curry, KD, Klay & Co. did not get enough calls for being champions they are.

Subject of Email: Just OK is not OK.

DrNuegebauer and Os Trigonum like this.