1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What two 2nd Rd picks would make you happy?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

What two picks today would make you happy about the Texans draft? There are still some players on the board. Which two guys will give the Texans an A grade in your book?
    Greedy? Jawaun? Baker? Ford? Little? Risner?

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I'd love two corners. Since Greedy and Byron Murphy will be gone, then Justin Layne & Trayvon Williams.

If it was OT/CB then Little and Layne.

jb86, mikol13 and donkeypunch like this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is supposed to be a deep draft in 2-3 round corners.

Guessing that the Texans will pick a RT and CB with their second picks, or 2 CBs if no RT is still on their board.

In the third round, guessing that the Texans go CB or S.

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I hope we use them to obtain an LSU corner. Greedy or PP

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Hoping Miles Sanders drops to the third :rolleyes: lol I know it won’t happen, I’m wishing

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Baker is off the board. If I can get one of Taylor, Ford, Little or Risner, I’ll be pretty happy in that itself.

mikol13 likes this.
  7. texans1095

texans1095 Member

OT’s like Cajuste, Little, Risner and Ford are all still available. Have to believe that if one of them (maybe even McCoy from A&M) falls to the Texans they’ll be all over that. Bottom line, there’s going to be a lot of really solid players still available well into the second round. No reason why we can’t come out of tonight with at least two more legitimate candidates to contribute right away.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

If Greedy, Murphy, and Sin are gone maybe Love is available.
    If Taylor and Ford are gone, I will take Risner. I will be happy with Howard, Love, and Risner. Or any of the above.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

All of that list will be gone by the time the Texans pick except maybe Risner.

J.R. likes this.
  10. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

just trade them for one of the CBs vikings have or trade Clowney and 1 for Patrick
    + more

mikol13 likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be happy with the highest rated offensive lineman or cornerback available. A top CB would definitely help our defense with the quarterbacks we have to face in our division.

Rashmon and Nimo like this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Sorry. I was thinking Murphy but typed Baker.

As much as I love Little I think taking him now will be too much. They would have to have Howard or Henderson at RT and Little or Kalil or Davenport at LT.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Welcome back Mrs Debbie! Agreed. One of Greedy/Rock/Murphy/Love will be great

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

So you would rather have Howard/Henderson/Risner at RT and Kalil/Davenport at LT? Taking Howard where they did, I think we should expect them to start him out at LT. Little would give them some flexibility and IF he pans out, you can have Howard at RT where he used to.

15. Fantasma Negro

Greedy Williams and David Montgomery

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

All those guys will be gone by 54. Lance Zierlein says we'll be high on guys like Justin Layne and Sean Bunting. On the line barring a 5-10% chance that Little or Ford drop, you might see a guy like Max Scharping picked by Houston.

thething likes this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Highest rated CB and S

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

A starting caliber offensive lineman that we can use while we wait for our 1st round pick to develop.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Only because I like Risner to play multiple positions possibly even guard. Where I would trust Little with only LT. I only consider moving Howard to the right if they bring Little on. Without Little, it could be Henderson/Risner at right and Howard/Kalil/Davenport at LT. Risner could also fill in at guard if needed. With Little, I think you have to consider moving Howard to right.

About Tytus playing right and left, his coach was on radio this morning and said he needed Howard to protect the QBs blind side. They switched from a right handed QB to a left handed QB (or vice versa) which is why they moved the tackle

gucci888 likes this.
  20. Nimo

Nimo Member

That's more likely with the way Texans pick