1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Crowd was so worn out at the end. Kind of made the ending sort of shitty since there was no energy in the building.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Main Event was great but a very strange finish for a WM. Love Becky Lynch.

AJ/Orton and Bryan/Kofi were probably top matches for me. Miz/Shane was way better than I imagined. Fatal Four Way SD Tag was great too.

Drew McIntyre should be Universal Champ next when Rollins reign is up. Joe/Mysterio was an almost complete squash job from one of my most ancipated matches. Hate they ended Revival’s reign so Hawkins can end his losing streak at WM. I hope Undisputed Era come up and win the Tag belts or something. If Pete Dunne comes up I hope it’s too fight Samoa Joe first

3. VanityHalfBlack

Why didn't kofi end the show? Damn after that match the show went on for another 3 hours, lol. Is it just me or Kofi's ring work is kind of overrated? I feel DB carried that match the whole way, I mean not really fair to compare skills cause DB is one of the best and could make anyone look good.

4. what

what Member

How many WM's have had the best match be the main event? Probably very few. Kofi's was a good match, but it had the advantage of coming three hours earlier in a nearly 8 hour event.

Nobody says that if it wasn't an all-girl main event. I didn't know who was being counted out in the main event, I thought ronda had won at first, but that match was far from terrible.

Ronda was beat too ****. Those ladies put it on the line and it sucks for the botched ending, but that happens.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Batista officially retires from WWE.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I mentally checked out of some matches. Triple H doesn’t need to be in WrestleMania matches and if he does, it doesn’t need to be 25 minutes. It needs to be less than 15 minutes. I’m totally cool with the Samoa Joe squash. Makes him look strong. Makes the match go by quick. Rey’s a legend. He doesn’t need the wwe rub. Samoa Joe does. I’m a little bit upset that Sasha didn’t win. She and Bayley never win. They were popular in NXT, and I think they should have defended the thing at the next Takeover in San Jose.

7. buffalobills!!!

Vinnie trying to make Alexa a thing again? Hate they always have her beat Bayley

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah Triple H needs to not wrestle. I mean the DX bit was cool to see but him in the ring, Nah I'm good. Sucks that Batista is retiring, dude can still go.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Hot take incoming but i dont see it with Adam cole and i would be shocked if he ever gets a real push on the main roster... The dude made Johnny Gargano look big!

Now im not someone that needs my wrestlers all 6'5 250lbs but him flexing during his entrance was honeslty just sad cause his arms are the size of mine!

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

As much as I’ve enjoyed Cole on TakeOver events (the North American Ladder Match, extreme rules with Aleister, the War Games, etc). O Reilly & Fish and Strong’s singles matches are usually more enjoyable

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Last night, I was chilling with the family at chuck e cheese when suddenly a big mother****er decided to sit next to our booth with his arm resting over our booth. I just kept looking over and saying this mf needs to move before our pizza gets here. I couldnt tell it was him until the end when we were both leaving and I decided to ask for a picture. He fits in a chevy traverse, lives in humble and has wrestling company in india.

[​IMG]

Dave2000 likes this.
  12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

maybe I should finally do a report of my experience

Started out at WrestleCon on Saturday, always cool to see the past stars in one convention. Was bummed I showed up late for the Nitro Girls since I thought Fyre was super hot in the late 90s. Got a pic with Tenille (Emma) and Karlee Leilani (Catrina) since their prices were not outrageous, Eva Marie was charging $40, eff that. Met up with @RedRowdy111 who coincidentally was there also.

Went to Axxess for the Sunday morning session, man that was brutal to get up for a 8am session when knowing you are about to sit through a 7+ hour show later on the day. Tbh, the morning session was less of a crowd was lucky enough to get plenty of pics, Alicia Fox, Ron Simmons, Gallows/Anderson, Sami Zayn, Adam Cole, Sin Cara, Mark Andews, Curt Hawkins, Cedric Alexander, and Dana Warrior. Not bad of a haul since last year I pretty much was in line for Paige for 2 hours where I didn't even get a pic with her, but got one with Mandy/Sonya at the session after.

The event itself was great, I marked out after Heyman walked passes Hogan to start the night with the Universal title match, didn't think they bold enough to do it. I was in shock and happy as hell that IIconics won, love me some Peyton Royce, just 2 years ago, I took a pic with her and Billie while they were still in NXT, and now they're Tag Team Champs, incredible. Kofi's win was insane, one of the biggest pop I've ever been a part of along with Hardy's re-debuting at Orlando/WM33 and KO winning Universal Title. HHH/Batista took too damn long of a match, but was underrated. By the time main even was going, definite fatigue was settling in by the crowd. I zoomed out of there after Becky's fireworks hit to take pics, lucky to get to the shuttle buses back to Time Square and got back to my hotel by 1:30am.

Trying to make it a tradition to go every year since WM32 in Dallas, so far so good, on to planning for Tampa next year.

A few shots I got, S10 ftw!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rest of my pics in my Google Photos account

have a few videos from Opening video, Kofi's win, Cena's surprise appearance, and a few entrances

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pa8PBxrXqi6iViLGA

#6632 Dave2000, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  13. buffalobills!!!

Wonder if moving Sasha to Smackdown! will convince her to stay? She doesn't feel appreciated

14. Dave2000

Not a bad haul for Raw getting

* The Miz
    * Aleister Black
    * Ricochet
    * War Raiders (As The Viking Experience)
    * Andrade (w/Zelina Vega)
    * Cedric Alexander
    * Rey Mysterio
    * The Usos
    * Naomi
    * Eric Young
    * Lacey Evans
    * AJ Styles
    * EC3
    * Eric Young

Guessing Smackdown will be getting possibly both Roman and Braun, can probably say Nikki Cross, Heavy Machinery are a safe bet with the rest of the pre-announced NXT call ups on Raw, Bray comeback, Bayley and/or Sasha

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Tag Divisions look pretty great on both shows

RAW-War Raiders (new name sucks), USOS, Revival, Black & Ricochet

SD-The Bar, Hardy Boyz, Shinsuke & Rusev, New Day

Dave2000 likes this.
  16. Dave2000

I refuse to call War Machine/Raiders their new name, it's reminds me of the Sasha Gray mainstream movie she did...

SD should be fun with Roman/Finn on there now, I kind of wish Finn stayed on Raw so we can have more matches of him and AJ. Wonder if this means Joe goes on Raw or they will combine IC/US Title again

17. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Hope Luke Harper/Brody Lee goes to AEW or NJPW and becomes the star he deserves.

18. Fantasma Negro

That was probably the most solid raw of the year. Not a lot of talking, superb matches and everything made sense, even the Bray Wyatt stuff. Really pleasantly surprised

19. Buck Turgidson

Have any of yall watched the "Dark Side of the Ring" documentaries on Vice? Not sure if they're old or what, but I've watched 4 so far. Great stuff.

20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The new Jon Moxley twitter video he posted minutes after his WWE contract expired at midnight is pretty sweet. Guess he’s going by just MOX now, hope he shows up at Double or Nothing.

NXT Championship - Gargano vs Cole (vs Riddle?) (vs Ryker?) (vs Strong?) Maybe a Ladder Match.
    NXT Women’s Championship - Baszler vs Shirai
    NXT North American Championship - Velveteen vs Breeze
    (Vacated) NXT Tag Team Championship - Street Profits vs 1-2 (Lorcan & Burch) vs Undisputed Era (Fish & O’Reilly) vs Forgotten Sons (Blake & Cutler)
    TakeOver debut of Kushida vs ?