1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Nov 6, 2018.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

justtxyank and Rashmon like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Who cares if Beto has a lot of hand movement. Trump literally just throws stuff out there and people go for it/

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Trump wanted us to make fun of him? And we fell for it? He must be some kind of political svengali.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

You’re talking about him in a Beto thread aren’t you? Trump dominates every conversation.

MiddleMan, dachuda86 and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I'll stick to my opinion that Beto has a better chance of becoming the dems nominee than becoming a US Senator from Texas. Texas is still a very reliably red state. Some of you were still young the last time Texas had a Democrat for governor.

I caucused for Sanders here in Nevada in 2016. The wife and I are undecided at this time. After the darkness that it's Donald Trump, I think the nation needs a healer and somebody that can inspire the 2/3 of the people that are not Trump supporters. Beto can definitely catch fire and become that person.

8. Major

Major Member

VPs don't really ever deliver states.

On the GOP side: Paul Ryan didn't deliver Wisconsin. Alaska & Indiana were red already. Cheney wasn't really from a state.

On the Dem side, Virginia, Delaware, Connecticut were blue already. Edwards didn't deliver North Carolina; Maybe we could say Gore helped in Tennessee, but he lost that in his own election and Clinton was strong in the south.

I think a VP is most useful in addressing a candidate's weakness. With Trump, he wanted to address his evangelical weakness. With Obama, it was foreign policy credibility (and maybe Trump-Democrats in the midwest). With McCain, it was exciting the base that was lukewam with him. Not sure Romney-Ryan. One of Hillary's mistakes was picking a purposeless VP that didn't contribute anything to the campaign.

Biden would be a good VP for Beto, except he's not going to do VP again and I don't think Dems want two white men. Beto would be a good VP for a Kobluchar type that's running more on competency than excitement.

#188 Major, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  9. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]
    You just know BETO shops at Whole Foods...

In all seriousness BETO is by far the most charismatic Democrat in the field and likely the most charismatic on either side.

[​IMG]

In BETO can avoid being eaten by his own and keeps the weirdness to a minimum, he can be an absolute monster.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

He has the ability to make Trump REALLY seem old and out of touch.......... but lets see what he is made of first.

[​IMG]

Trump actually works hard as a campaigner, but I don't think anyone will out campaign BETO. All he needs is his daily enema of coffee and a little crystal meth and he is money for 48-72 hours at a time.

Harrisment, KingCheetah, BigM and 2 others like this.
  10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he should be running for president, but he'd make a fine VP.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

mick try mick win...okay, this got a chuckle out of me. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

MiddleMan likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Out of curiosity, why?

I usually am fairly conservative about who should and should not run for President.

However, Beto is extremely charismatic, comes across very well in debates and is extremely likable.

There was a poll done in Texas on the day of the election and a majority of Republicans that voted against him said that they found him very likable and had positive opinions of him and his campaign. He lost because of politics.

He also has the ability that Reagan, Clinton, and Obama had...... they are masters at avoiding being pinned down on exactly what their political positions are, he can present his beliefs and platform in a way that is very palatable to people. That is very important.

If you are discouraged that he lost the Senate by a narrow margin, consider that Lincoln did too before being elected and the current President never held office.

BigM, joshuaao, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I know it shouldn't matter and it is petty of Trump to discuss BETO's hand movements........ but there is a certain level of sick hilarity in having a fat, frog looking President throw out simple zingers at his enemies. I can see him laying in bed with his gut out, eating McDonald's and watching CNN with some attractive (but disgusted) female staffer close by and hearing Trump shove his pie hole and point to the television and say to the staffer: "His hands, look at that fruits hands! Those are not the hand movements of a stable genius. Those are scary hand movements." ..... While the young staffer is horrified at the President breaks wind into the McDonald's bag and shoves it on her face.

[​IMG]

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Cause Trump is an alpha. Something Beta isn't.

mick fry and MiddleMan like this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Beta is so beta that people only see him as a VP. lol. This is gold.

MiddleMan likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Another funny point about trump attacking Beto's hands... trump must be jealous of the size of Beto's hands...

[​IMG]

Rashmon and MiddleMan like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

mick fry, Nook and dachuda86 like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

"My friend who will give me a sweet diplomatic gig or other position. I endorse him!"