1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LoL] Dignitas (Clutch Gaming) Game Thread

Discussion in 'Clutch Gaming and eSports' started by GIGO, Apr 1, 2018.

1. GIGO

GIGO Member

I didn't know much about Damonte before this season, but I'm glad that he's unexpectedly good and his game is pleasantly solid.

IMHO, one of the things that could help Huni's game is for everyone (including Huni, especially Huni) not to put him under the weight of too much expectation, i.e. to be the face of the team who's always expected to carry or to be more dominant in shotcalling, etc.

The other thing this match vs OpTic revealed is how much the team need to really work on better synergy. Especially Huni and LirA, not because they're from the same culture, but because they've just got to as top laner & jungler these days. (Considering Huni's been around the world in different teams and cultures, I don't think having to have teammates that fit his culture has ever been his issue imo.)

I still believe CG's gonna have an exciting spring split.

Go Clutch Gaming!

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Lira needs to be held accountable along with Huni. Lira made claims the players he was surrounded by previously really hindered his game. He was awful yesterday. I feel it's perfectly justified to hold these two to higher expectations because they previously pointed fingers and made excuses for bad play.. I hate when people/players do that.

I'm rooting for Clutch Gaming, and even though they looked terrible yesterday I'm still hopeful for a great spring.

I fully expect a loss today against Team Liquid, however I'm interested to see some matchups. I feel it will tell a lot. Curious to see their strategy too.

Individually:

I expect Huni to outplay Impact. If he fails I'm going to be very low on Huni.

I expect Xmithie to wipe the mat with Lira. If it happens as I expect I wont be too down on Lira. Xmithie is just a far better player, can't help that.

I'm very curious to see how Damonte does against Jensen. I expect him to be outplayed, but I just feel Damonte will show a real competitive spirit. Guy could be a rising star, I know it's only 3 games but he has been a perfectly suitable replacement for the loss of Fabiven.

As for bottom.. All eyes on Piglit. I'm not too high on Vulcan. I'm curious to see how the matchup down low goes... Doublelift and Corejj should win fairly easily, but I'm just curious to see how competitive it turns out.

As long as we show up as good competition I wont be disappointed with a loss. All eyes focused on Huni, Damonte, and Piglit

#62 Realjad, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  3. Realjad

Meh disappointment. Wasn't even competitive. Damonte is our only good player

4. GIGO

GIGO Member

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but I don't remember LirA making that claim. What I remember from his few-worded interviews last year was an undertone that's not critical but rather apologetic. He's just not confident due to his inability to fully communicate with his teammates, which was hindering not just him but his teammates also.

Regarding Huni, outside the matches, I didn't pay much attention to Fox Huni last season. As always, he's got the big personality which can't be everyone's cup of tea.

Looks like Huni and LirA already know that they have a lot on their shoulders. As the coach said, each scrim has made the whole team realize that they all have a lot to work on.

It's still early in the split. So while rooting for our team, I'd like to see how they grow.

5. GIGO

GIGO Member

Agreed.

(Just hope that it's not like that for the whole split...)

6. Realjad

Yeah, it wasn't a direct quote from Lira. I can't remember what broadcast, it was before our 1st or 2nd game. The announcing guys said they spoke to Lira about how the makeup of the previous team hindered his play style & game. I forgot the exact specifics, but they did give exact specifics. It was about how he couldn't do things he wanted and was forced to do things he didn't want to make up for his teammates deficiencys in order to be a better teammate, but it really stressed him. It was more than just language. They indicated this was the reason we made so many changes. The team is now built around the ability for Lira to play the way he feels he is best at.

and so far he has not looked good.

7. GIGO

GIGO Member

CG Interview

from CG Vulcan Interview
    Akshon Esports - Jeff Yabumoto
    Wed Feb 06 2019

On CG working on team communication

On Week 3 CG vs. 100T & C9

#67 GIGO, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  8. GIGO

GIGO Member

#68 GIGO, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Realjad likes this.
  9. GIGO

GIGO Member

CLUTCH GAMING
    2019 Spring Split

CG 2019 Weeks 1-3
    Wk1-3: 2W-4L

Week 1 (1/26-27/19)
    CG 1:0 FOX
    CG 1:0 TSM

Week 2 (2/2-3/19)
    CG 0:1 OPT
    CG 0:1 TL

Week 3 (2/9-10/19)
    CG 0:1 100T
    CG 0:1 C9

CG 2018 Weeks 1-3
    Wk1-3: 2W-4L

Week 1 (1/20-21/18)
    CG 1:0 GGS
    CG 0:1 FOX

Week 2 (1/27-28/18)
    CG 1:0 CLG
    CG 0:1 TL

Week 3 (2/3-4/18)
    CG 0:1 100T
    CG 0:1 C9

Last year, CG won 9 out of 12 in Weeks 4 - 9.

R U ready CG 2019?

#69 GIGO, Feb 10, 2019
  10. Realjad

No they suck. They are going to end up 2nd worst team in the league, because when you watch them they absolutely are the second worst team in the league. Only team worse is GGS which has somehow managed to put together an even uglier team than ours.. Our drafts have been disgusting, ours picks in the grand scheme make very little professional league sense. Huni and Lira officially are sucksville. Huni, even when he should have the character advantage is getting wrecked just about every game in his upper lane. Vulcan sucks. Piglet just doesn't seem to have good communication with the team.

They need to scrap everyone, Mcscraggs-coach and all next year. Well, everyone except Damonte. There's a lot for Damonte to improve on, but he shows he has the potential to do it.

Cut the dead weight Clutch Gaming and start anew next year. The team is not fun to watch, it's a train wreck to watch with our nasty team configurations.

#70 Realjad, Feb 10, 2019
  11. GIGO

GIGO Member

Yeah I hear you. Dissapointing.

12. GIGO

GIGO Member

#72 GIGO, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  13. Realjad

Huni.. lol he needs to find a real job, he is no longer a professional level player.

14. GIGO

GIGO Member

#74 GIGO, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  15. GIGO

GIGO Member

Put down your egos guys and listen to your coaches!

(Click CC for English subtitle)
    Interview with Piglet after the loss vs. CLG (Feb. 16, 2019)

#75 GIGO, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  16. GIGO

GIGO Member

I know it was against Golden Guardians, but still, what a difference from last week!
    Keep the wins coming guys. Good luck against OpTic today.

#76 GIGO, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  17. GIGO

GIGO Member

#77 GIGO, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  18. Realjad

Well.. after that game today against 100 thieves.. Clutch Gaming has officially solidified themselves as a joke. It was the equivalent of the Rockets having a 50 point lead against the Phoenix Suns (or New York Knicks- take your pick) and blowing it.

They need to scrap everyone except Damonte. Get rid of Huni, Lira, Piglet, Vulcan.. keep Damonte.

Most of the seasons L's are Huni's and Lira's fault. Todays L was Piglet and Liras fault. It's essentially disgusting play for everyone outside of Damonte & Vulcan. And while Vulcan isn't a disgusting player, he isn't top talent either.

I actually feel bad for Damonte having to play with these scrubs. Clutchgaming either needs to scrap everyone except Damonte after summer, or they need to let Damonte go so he can join a decent team like they did with Febiven.

#78 Realjad, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  19. GIGO

GIGO Member

#79 GIGO, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

When is the draft? I don't mind tanking for a high draft pick if necessary.