1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Conference Championships

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

...except when it comes to Russell Westbrook. ;)

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Random and off-the-rails response.

Weird flex, but ok.

jcee15 likes this.
  3. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

This one is history. The Chiefs offensively waited too long to turn Mahomes lose and let him do his thing. That's on Andy Reed. I am hoping Mahomes stays around a long time and stays healthy because he has more God given talent than I have ever seen and he is fun to watch. He played high school football 15 miles from where we live. I will always pull for him regardless of where he plays. In addition to being a great football player, with a bright future ahead of him, you got to love his demeanor. He is as cool as I have ever seen under pressure with the possible exception of Brady and Rodgers. For all intensive purposes he was a rookie this year. He had an amazing season and I am looking forward to him going even further next year.

astros123, Nook and buffalobills!!! like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw man. Salt levels were at acceptable levels when rooting against Westbrook. Media was not recognizing game propping up Russ and downplaying Harden's achievements.

I have mentioned many times I like Westbrook despite rooting against him. Russ' Game is extremely flawed, but I love his "f-ck you mean?" personality. He creates his own narrative and I admire that.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think so. You can learn a lot from sports. Playing, watching, dissecting.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Chiefs were +2 turnover-battle and stopped NE on a 4th down. Still lose at home.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I mean, I was just joking about how you were calling yourself game. But then you randomly started talking about about successful people and saltiness for some reason, which is why I was like, okey-dokey then.

Nothing against it...just thought it was a weird transition. But you do you.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I dunno why they got off to such a slow start. They've played the Pats before, and they were at home, so it wasn't like they were unfamiliar with the opponent and location.

They also played the Colts last weekend, so they shouldn't have been (as) nervous for the playoffs.

Very winnable game.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I misinterpreted the joke...

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Questionable calls marred both playoff games. Sort of a shame since they altered the outcomes.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Tom Brady will be playing in his ninth Super Bow.

Nine. Super Bowls.

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

its not hating, if you look at my comment again I clearly didn't throw shade at Tom or the patriots, we all know that Tom is the goat, it's frustration seeing them at the superbowl every year

Houstunna likes this.
  14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Brady = Jordan

Belichick well he got **** canned before he found Brady.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Greatness.

It sounds cliche but it is true.

You only beat Brady in the playoffs if you have the ball last or he runs out of time driving down the field.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Yup think it was Dee Ford who got past his guy causing the only errant throw on that last drive. But yet another reason to call a timeout in that situation, give your rushers a chance to catch their breath.

Think it was BoB after last year's Pats or Seattle game where he said he didn't want to call a timeout to give Brady/Wilson more time. Like these guys need more time to further pick you apart. That being said, Brady probably throws a TD strike coming out of the timeout so who knows.

#296 gucci888, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history. He has built a dynasty that has lasted almost two decades. What is this, 9 Super Bowl appearances and if he wins this one, 6 Super Bowl titles?

He has gone through double digit assistants.... the lines have turned over 4-5 times..... 7-8 starting running backs and he has won and when his team has lost, it has been in very close games.

No one can say it was because of some magical front office because he is the front office... and the head scout... and oversees the defense and has final say for the offense.

The Pats are a reflection of him... love him or hate him, he is front and center on the Mount Rushmore of football greats.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

"Intents and purposes." Hopefully this saves you some embarrassment in the future.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He also took down Montana's 49ers and Kelly's Bills as a DC before he could get his own team.

He also had the Browns on track for dominance before they were moved (which completely derailed their season)... and he molded a dream team of assistants and future GM's that went on to do great things and credit Belichick for their start (Ozzie Newsome, Nick Saban, Kirk Ferentz, Mike Lombardi).

Nook likes this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Watson’s better