1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa and his back issues...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by CinematicFusion, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

like smdh

2. Buck Turgidson

Can someone explain why Correa celebrating winning the ALDS is a problem?

Fyreball and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Because he should have been in traction getting treatment for his back. He should have been eating tofu, sprouts and drinking vitamin water. He should be living a celibate life until they are done with the season.

Buck Turgidson and Tomstro like this.
  4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He didn't need that walk to have an average batting performance. That walk gives him....wait for it....a slightly above average batting performance.

It is the postseason, and average batting performance is a lot lower than what it is in the regular season. What the Astros did to the Indians pitching was not close to average for what most teams have done this postseason.

5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

It's not. At all. Some fans just have issues.

We just swept a damn good baseball team, and we have people that actual type stuff like that, and click "Post Reply." Fascinating.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm on your side. Thus the :).

8. Nook

Nook Member

If he can field balls in the hole at SS and make throws...... then he can go out and celebrate eliminating the Indians. It shouldn't have any negative impact on his condition.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Because he is a ****ing robot made to entertain people.

He should have been turned off and been stored in the closet until game 1 against the Red Sox.
    [​IMG]

Tomstro and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What exactly is your problem with that?

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That he wasn't invited.

Nippystix likes this.
  12. astros123

astros123 Member

lol small minded people celebrating first found victories

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

all the mlb teams who got out the DS must be small minded then. And the ones that went home early wish they were small minded

marks0223 likes this.
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why did you single out Correa then?

I don't disagree with your point. I think it's silly, especially for the defending champs, to have these all out celebrations for the division (which seemed especially forced since it was a day later and after a game they lost), and the DS. Celebrate and be happy...but the goal is no where near reached. I just think you were being kind of a d*** in singling out Correa for no apparent reason.

Nippystix and BMoney like this.
  15. PhiSlammaJamma

Ok with the celebrations. Not everybody was here last year and this is how a team connects. When you become disconnected, think that's when you are in trouble.

16. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thank you very much.

Also, this is a very ironic/dumb criticism against anyone on the Astros, considering our team celebrates in Club Astros after regular season home games.

But it IS very telling that he singled out only one person.

17. CinematicFusion

Correa didn't do anything wrong. Finished the series with a home run off Hand. He's feeling confident, Astros beat a great team and he is out celebrating with his fiance.
    They play on Saturday.... not a big deal.

BMoney likes this.
  18. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Small minded? Well aren’t you a spoiled little ****. Your mundane life not cutting it for you so you have to literally harp on a player for celebrating with his team? Think about that for a second—it’s pathetic and borderline sociopathic.

Major likes this.
  19. Major

Major Member

It seems pretty stupid to only celebrate after winning the World Series and miss out on all the other fun of the entire season. You seem like a miserable person to be around.

20. CinematicFusion

Astros' SS Carlos Correa playing through nagging back injury ESPN...

HOUSTON -- Houston Astros shortstop Carlos Correa says he is in pain: Every swing and miss hurts his aching back, and on the bad days it can even be uncomfortable to walk.

Correa often puts on a brave face but he tells The Associated Press he is hurting as the Astros prepare to leave for Boston and the best-of-seven AL Championship Series that begins on Saturday.

Correa returned from a six-week stint on the disabled list on Aug. 10 and declared that he was better. But he has struggled to regain his top form. He hit just .180 in the second half of the season and managed a single hit in an ALDS, looking nothing like the player who made the All-Star team last season and was the 2015 rookie of the year.

He says it's been difficult to feel comfortable at the plate and he is not swinging as hard or as quick as he wants to.

So what happened between last game and now?
    After last game Correa said this...

“Like I’ve said before, I felt really good the whole series,” Correa said between selfies with first-base coach Alex Cintron in the alcohol-soaked visiting clubhouse at Progressive Field.

“I was seeing pitches well. My swing feels really good. My back obviously feels good right now. It was just a matter of time, and when we needed it the most, I was able to get that homer and give us a comfortable lead.”

The three-run homer was Correa’s only hit in 13 plate appearances against the Indians. It came from the seventh spot in Houston’s batting order.

Never before in his four-year major league career had Correa hit so low in a lineup, a drop required Monday to break up the lefthanded hitters near the bottom of the Astros’ order.

“My confidence this whole series has been up there,” Correa said. “I’ve been hitting really good (in batting practice). I’ve been taking good at-bats. I’m seeing the ball well. It’s not like I’m chasing all the pitches.

“It was only a matter of time, and I was able to connect, and it gives me a lot of confidence going into the next series.”

#60 CinematicFusion, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    jakedasnake likes this.