1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Would you Rather Face in ALCS?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by theimpossibles1, Oct 8, 2018.

?

Which team would you rather the Astros face?

1. Red Sox

2. Yankees

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

One good thing about BOS not winnnig in 5 is there's no excuse for Stros beating the Sox because Sale did not pitch game 1 :)

H-Town represent !!!!

#141 Houstunna, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

looking forward to beating boston a second year in row.

tmactoyao and sammy like this.
  3. HTown2017Champs

AJ Hinch is Alex Cora's daddy.
    I really don't want other teams to keep raiding our assistant coaching staff. Especially with Espada possibly leaving, I'd like to see stability and I don't want our secrets to spread across the league.
    Except for Dave Hudgens, he needs to go. There's a reason the Mets fired him, and they made it to the WS the next year. I don't want to hear "but we won the WS with him," we won it in spite of him. Cora, Powell, and Beltran were the real hitting coaches last year, see if we can get Beltran back.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Damn they and the Dodgers are really going to hate us. I mean more than they do already. :eek:

5. adoo

adoo Member

why'd the Dodgers hate the Astros ?

indirectly, the Astros, in exposing the weakness that is Yu Darvish, helped the Dodgers to save hundreds of millions of $

i m looking forward to a Astros / Dodgers world series again​

#145 adoo, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    fiersdownbelow likes this.
  6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

We're gonna sweep 'em. Book it.

7. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Try to enjoy it. 2 Great great teams. A Champ vs. a 106 win team. Sale vs. Verlander. Betts, Benintendi and JD's star power vs. the terrific depth of the Astros lineup.

There's absolutely no shame in losing after this point to a team like Boston or even LA and if we win the whole thing, it will be a truly historic achievement.

Like Steve Kerr said, once you win your first title you are playing with house money to an extent.

Let's hope we finally figure out David Price, who has had great success against our lineup in the RS and Postseason...

RKREBORN and B-Bob like this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/2018-alds-game-4-sox-still-in-the-shithouse.25160/page-80

Lmao at Red Sox fans.

They're more happy beating the Yankees than playing in the ALCS. Anything after beating the Yankees "is gravy" apparently. They may have won many championships but Boston fans still got that inferiority complex.

9. fiersdownbelow

I really, really want to see Brasier get clowned by Bregman.

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Boston sports fans for a generation are going to be insufferable though... Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics have all won in the lifetime of everyone under 18 there.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Lol. I got too angry recently.... showing progress though.

Stros are a BEAST and already an H-Town legend.

Clutch City, baseball version... perhaps better if 2 rings / 3 champ series+ happens.

Stay tuned.....

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That's what true rivalries are. If UT beats OU that's a successful season. Yankees red Sox could be the most heated rivalry in North America so it makes sense to have this mentality

13. Enemysquad

Enemysquad Member

Haha be scared to play the Red Sox? S**t they should be scared to play us!!!

14. astros123

astros123 Member

Am i the only one impressed with mlb for keeping that play as a out. If that was either in the nba or nfl you know damn well the refs would do some crooked **** to keep it going for ratings. A game 5 yankees/redsox would have been huge ratings for the league

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Considering it was clearly an out, I'm not impressed at all. There is no grand conspiracy going on.

16. mario elie

mario elie Member

Betts is healthy and is playing at peak form. JD, Betts, and Bogaerts are all scary. But our pitching just smokes their trash staff.

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I saw quite a bit of this prior to the Indians series...

Relax.

I think the Astros will win rather easily. They just don't have any significant weaknesses teams can exploit. They'll work counts and wear down Boston's (thin) starting pitching and then go roughshod on their bullpen. The path to 27 outs for Boston is a difficult slog; they just don't have the depth.

As excited as I am for Correa and Keuchel looking healthy, Collin McHugh's performance in game 3 - in which he looked like pre-All-Star break McHugh - was probably the most exciting development of the ALDS. If he's back, that essentially locks down innings 7-9; possibly 6-9.

This Astros team will one day be regarded as one of the best ever assembled. It's just insane how good and deep they are.

everyday eddie, SS0101 and marks0223 like this.
  18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The dude was out. The Red Sox were lucky to escape with that win, but that was a legit play.

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yep; Sanchez damn near sent that to game 5; I mean, he missed that pitch by... centimeters....

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Our 5 year dynasty is on the line, this is no time to relax.