1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Buck Turgidson

Plan II was great, I do wish I had gone to a smaller school though, but I got to take whatever classes I wanted to, upperclass, lowerclass, didn't matter. So I kinda ended up with a engli-biolo-histor-econo-journo-enviro-policy degree.

My freshman roommate at Jester wrote for the Texan. I have no idea where he is now.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

AUSTIN, Texas - As expected, University of Texas regents on Thursday approved a $175 million proposal to renovate the south end of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in a project that would begin in 2019 and be completed in July 2021.

Roughly $125 million would be financed through donations and gifts (more than half of which has already been raised by Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte), while $50 million would be financed through bonds.

Del Conte and UT president Greg Fenves met with the nine-member UT regents board to get approval for the financing of a $175 million renovation of the south end of DKR.

Del Conte asked Tom Herman to design the south end renovation, and Herman (and chief of staff Fernando Lovo) did. So it will include the latest for student-athlete training and recovery, including cryotherapy chambers, hydrotherapy as well as hot/cold tubs.

The renovation will also include new suites, clubs, loge boxes, sponsor amenities, modified fan seating, and new coaches' offices as well as additional loading docks and facilities support spaces, according to UT.

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I am also a former student manager at a TSM entity. Small world.

mtbrays likes this.
  4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

So can we pretend Baker Mayfield never went to OU and just root for the Austin kid? It’s not like UT was ever competitive for a big 12 title while he was there.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No, he's a douche and another entitled Lakeway/Westlake kid.

Hustle Town likes this.
  6. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I was Plan II/Finance actually - I just wanted to see how many people I could trigger. Half of the PII/Fin majors are 100% douchebags 100% of the time and the rest of us only part of the time

Buck Turgidson and duwende like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we’re going to beat Maryland
    They might not have a coach soon

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we aren't 2-0 heading into the game against USC, Herman has some explaining to do.

tinman likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

LonghornFan and Bob Barker 007 like this.
  10. gucci888

2 DB transfers announced today.

11. Hustle Town

No hard feelings. Good luck to them. At any rate, we look deep at DB.

gucci888 likes this.
  12. Hustle Town

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Chris Warren rushed for 116 yards and 6 yards a carry
    For the Raiders
    He must have pissed off Herman for not having any touches last year

raining threes likes this.
  14. gucci888

Warren never seemed like a good fit for Hermans offense but still don’t understand how Porter got more carries. But it'll be interesting to see what he can do in the NFL behind a decent OL.

tinman likes this.
  15. gucci888

Not surprise here. Also no plans to rotate QBs which was aggravating last season.

Bob Barker 007 and Hustle Town like this.
  16. Hustle Town

Full depth chart news here: http://insidetexas.com/tom-hermans-depth-chart-via-tom-herman/

I like Sam a lot, so I like this move. I definitely agree that rotating QBs can be detrimental. Ultimately, the knock against Shane isn't that he's necessarily worse than Sam. He's just more of a pocket passer, and there's no guarantee (even this season) if said pocket will exist. Also, Sam's mistakes have been on throws downfield when he's trying to make plays, while Shane tends to get sacked a lot because he panics. Assuming Sam can actually improve on his freshman year and adjust to the speed of the game, I think he could have a great season.

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  17. Bob Barker 007

It's funny seeing the reports from camp from various blogs and how they match up with reality. Shane and Kirk Johnson were "on the rise" and really competing for starting spots. In reality, it was Ehlinger ahead all along, and Kirk is currently 5th string.

The offensive line is full of average but versatile players who should be successful at run blocking. We are able to field a two-deep this year on the line before it really drops off. I'm hoping that special teams improves with reps. Tom Herman is clearly better than Strong at working on special teams, but it still looks like a concern for both punting and kicking.

Hustle Town likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks Tim Beck and Tom Herman for not giving him the ball during the USC game

20. gucci888

Don’t think that’s the right clip.