1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current GOP/Trump Supporters in a Nutshell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crossover, Aug 7, 2018.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol. youre triggered boreby.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not in the least, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I normally block the doofus.

Whatawhopper

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL Cohete going full Cohete.

5. CometsWin

So "both sides" are responsible because a very small minority of Democrats voted for Trump while an overwhelming majority of Republicans voted for Trump. The GOP nominated Trump because they didn't take him seriously. All sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. Just own who is the head of the party, own it all because he's yours for the rest of all-time.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The problem I have with this is it would put my dad into the category of a stupid racist hater which he isn't. I do value his perspective on things since we can completely disagree on issues and he does present valid ideas in his own way lol. The picture also implies that Democrats hold truth, open mindedness, and love of others as paramount. Those values would seem to be undercut by the vast generalizations and proud disgust for others illustrated in that pic.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Nope. Bernie Bros didn’t play too win while your side held their nose and voted for Trump. Bernie Bros were butthurt while your Evangicsls voted for Trump. Sure didn’t help having Russian troll farms blast anti Hillary news daily along with the GOP.

8. dmoneybangbang

How so? Bernie didn’t have the support of moderate Dems at all.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You are the poster-boy of "ignorance is bliss".

How diverse is that neighborhood of yours?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The GOP could have stopped Trump early during his run if they took him more seriously far before the primaries, but they didn't. And unlike the farce that is the DNC primaries, once Trump gained momentum, it was impossible to stop his nomination. At least the GOP has a fair nomination process.

Again, a large portion from both sides voted 3rd party, and seeing as 36% of the US is conservative, they weren't going to vote for Hillary, it is ridiculous to think they would. Most of the moderates that voted for Trump, and the democrats that voted for Trump, did so because he was "anti-establishment" more than anything.

You guys are freaking hilarious with your semantics, "we're not to blame as much as the GOP..." okay, keep trying to convince yourself of that, when pretty much every post election metric proves that the DNC's corruption lead to Trump winning. Even if it was 20% Dems fault and 80% Republicans at fault, they are both still culpable.

That is the entire problem with party allegiances. Everyone is so damn afraid admitting that their party was wrong. I don't get it, you do not owe your party, or your politicians anything. They work for you, not the other way around. Hold them accountable. The fact is, had the DNC not screwed over Bernie, 10% of his voters wouldn't have jumped ship to Trump, and far fewer would have jumped to the 3rd party. You can try to convince yourself that isn't the case all you want, but the only person you are fooling is yourself.

Holding your party accountable doesn't make them weaker, it makes them stronger. And trust me, I am holding my party accountable, MAGA sheep be damned.

Bernie had the support of enough Dems to make Hillary lose the election. Do you not remember the DNC email leaks (Huffington Post Article)? They proved collusion with the elite in the DNC to torpedo Bernie's campaign from the get-go. Hillary lost the presidency by a total of 120,000 votes across three states - and 10% of disgruntled Bernie voters voted for Trump.. This isn't for debate, it is fact.

How can you seriously defend the DNC for their collusion? It is truly baffling that hardly any liberals hold them accountable.

#70 Svpernaut, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Astrodome and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's not forget the media is in part to blame (or in Trump's case credit) for his momentum. They covered his outrageous statements because they were outrageous. They didn't believe people would take it seriously, but they gave him publicity over and over, and that gave him free coverage and airplay that he would have never had. That played a part in the snowball effect.

That being said the fact that people in the GOP did give him credence is still deserving of some blame.

Astrodome likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, diversity is making the stupid brownies take away jobs from the superior white race!!!!

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure why you are so scared. I am sure it is rooted in something. Have you ever traveled outside of the United States? If so, where, and for how long? Do you regularly read literature? If so, who are your favorite authors? I would really like to understand.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is a very important video that people from both sides should watch. It answers one of the most important questions of our time.

What if Alex Jones was a Bon Iver song?

jo mama likes this.
  15. CometsWin

I didn't vote for Bernie Sanders and then Clinton because of party allegiance, I voted for them because their policies were preferable. I didn't vote for Trump because he is an ignorant, bigoted imbecile who is mentally unfit to lead a boy scout troop much less a country. Democrats aren't culpable for who Republicans nominated. Get over it. Republicans had several competent politicians to vote for and instead nominated a buffoon and they voted overwhelmingly for that buffoon. Now our country will suffer because of it. Every stupid policy, every inept nomination, every corrupt act, it's on the Republican Party. They own it, forever. You can blame Democrats, the media, the Russians, whoever you want but Republicans placed those votes and they own those votes. The Democratic Party had an actual debate while the Republican Party had a freak show of insults and trash.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Senator

Senator Member

Meh, don't think you know how Islam conducts itself in Europe. It's the opposite of integration and hateful narratives persist. That part has to change before the host can keep bending over backwards to accomodate marginal talent.

17. Buck Turgidson

I only have one question, Cojete:

How does the Stine Seed Company screwing the white farmers in South Africa affect the diversity in Sweden?

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hillary rigged the GOP primaries. Her elite agenda runs deep into 2020.

19. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You claim evidence, but don't present any...

I would say the intolerance from the extremes of both sides is pretty much the same...

Not in my experience.

Yes, and it is WAY more likely to have a conversation shut down by a right winger saying "this isn't a place to discuss politics" once facts and evidence start being brought up.

I don't see that ever.

I don't see this either. When I see a political disagreement, it is nearly always the right-leaner who is frothing at the mouth angry.

Nice claim, too bad it isn't backed by evidence.

Yes, they start to believe that bombing abortion clinics is the reasonable thing to do.

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You haven't provided any "proof" at all, just unsupported claims.