1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current GOP/Trump Supporters in a Nutshell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crossover, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The normalization of scumbaggery. Congrats.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

A left versus right circle jerk, apparently - with anyone saying that both sides are to blame being ostracized. Pretty much the status quo "debate" for 2018... both sides yelling into their own echo chambers, convincing absolutely no one of anything.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do the laws of physics dictate that "both sides are to blame" always for every instance?

Don't assume you are right because you can say "both sides are the same".

One "side" voted in a man who doesn't even know the difference between life and health insurance to manage the world's largest bureaucracy and command the world's most powerful military.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thankfully, there are conservatives that speak out against this...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Svpernaut

And the other side is the VERY reason that man is in office. 10% of Bernie voters voted for Trump, which handed Trump wins in counties and states that he likely had no business winning.

It really is amazing to me, that the Left never acknowledges their failures. Trump was nominated because the GOP didn't take him seriously at the start, but we have Trump as a President because the DNC alienated Bernie Sanders voters. Wake up, both sides are at fault. I knew this going in, which is why I voted for Gary Johnson. I wasn't going to be a part of the train wreck that was Trump.

Per NPR:
    • In Michigan, an estimated, 47,915 Bernie Supporters voted for Trump, which is 8%. Trump won Michigan by 10,704 votes.
    • In Pennsylvania 16% of Bernie voters, estimated to be 117,100 voted for Trump. Trump w0n Michigan by 44,292 votes.
    • In Wisconsin, an estimated 9% or 51,317 Bernie voters, voted for Trump. Trump won Wisconsin by 22,748 votes.
    The DNC is at fault for Trump, accept it and hold them accountable.

#46 Svpernaut, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  7. NewRoxFan

Interesting... republicans that blame trump winning on Democrats for not supporting the even more left-wing candidate.

Also interesting, Gary Johnson had 3% of the vote on November 8, 2016 and 20% on the vote if you can believe everyone here that now claim they didn't vote for him and don't want to own responsibility for trump winning.

8. Svpernaut

Didn't I say both sides are to blame, several times now? Plenty of Republicans and Democrats also voted 3rd party, more than 7 million votes in all. It was the largest 3rd party turnout since Perot in 1992 and 1996. Plenty of Bernie Supporters went 3rd party too.

Remember, just 112,000 voters swung the election to Trump. Meanwhile, about 5% voted 3rd party. Trump won the election, with 1.2% fewer votes than Romney lost with in 2012.

9. NewRoxFan

Gee, sounds familiar:
    trump won the republican nomination with a record vote count. Just about 90% of republicans voted for trump in the general election (just about the same % of Democrats that voted for Clinton). Sure, you can always say "if only the people that voted for Jill Stein had voted for Clinton..." but using that to absolve the 63M (the vast majority that are republicans) who walked into a voting booth and pulled the lever next to trump's name.

Furthermore... the same people continue to support and enable him. Unless you want to blame Bernie or Stein voters on that too...

TheFreak likes this.
  10. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

There's a lot of two things in this thread: 1. asking the point of it. and 2. false equivalence.

I guess I'm not surprised I have to spell it out again for some people. The image is simple; you take people full of ignorance, make them stressed, fearful, or angry about something, and then you channel their hate for some agenda. The continuing right runs on blame, entitlement, and disdain for other groups and you can clearly see that kind of rhetoric for 80%+ of the existing Trump/GOP supporters on this board.

Here's the campaign - let's get people angry and blame everyone else except yourselves.
    • No jobs? Immigrants fault. [no, it's big corporate greed + capitalism + automation and the lack of continuing higher education/skills that is at fault. but you need a scapegoat instead of blaming your own party's influences]
    • Values eroding? Libtard influences fault. [no, it's your own erosion of ethics in your communities and churches. Basket of deplorables is from your own creation. Take a look in the mirror instead of pinning it on outsiders. I grew up with Republican values that meant something; it's never been so bad as it is now.]
    • Life not as peaceful? The violence of Muslims, blacks, and lack of guns in everyone's hands are at fault. [What? Every statistic says that crime is down, incidence of terrorist activity is low, and guns cause more violent crime. Yet somehow the boogie men are Muslims, lack of guns, and black people who aren't your neighbors. Again, stop fueling hate needlessly and learn to digest numbers from good independent, neutral sources.]
    • Way of life changing? Everyone else's fault. [Guess what? Things change. It's painful and it often is out of your control. But if you're thinking you're entitled to something without adapting and hard work AND if you're blaming the wrong groups and not questioning your own party's policies, then it's time to take a look in the mirror. Stop only blaming others and start blaming yourself in a healthy way.]

If you think the left runs on these themes to the same degree... I don't know what to say other than please become more informed. The sad thing is, many of these Trump supporters continue to get shafted by their group's policies and believe that one day trickle down will save them. And even more sad is the "libtard" policies they hate likely show more concern for the rural midwest than their own party's.

Lack of self blame, entitlement, and fueled hate - the lowest form of a political party's approach outside of war. But go Russia amirite?

foh likes this.
  11. Svpernaut

Again, Trump won the presidency with a lower percentage of the popular vote (1.1%) than Romney lost with in 2012. Both sides, Democrats and Republicans lost votes to third parties at about 5% of their voters - it was fairly even. As you even alluded to, very few, if any disgruntled GOP voters voted for Hillary over Trump, the ones that were disgruntled went third party (like myself).

The difference was, 10% of Bernie voters voted for Trump to spite the DNC - not a third party. Disgruntled Bernie voters are what handed Trump the presidency. The fact that those on the left refuse to believe that, is baffling. The numbers are there plain as day... and they are reported by NPR of all places.

Had the DNC not screwed over Bernie in the primary, and given him a fair fight. A Democrat would likely be in the White House.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a wildly off-base trumped up load of bullsh!t. That is a survey of the students at Dartmouth and not a national survey, or a state survey, or even a survey of the county. You are either not reading what you are posting, or deliberately attempting to push an extremist view while not saying how meaningless that survey really is. If you are a Dartmouth student with progressive views, I can see why someone might not want to room with you, with all due respect.

I'll add that calling people "Libtards" is both insulting to those with an actual mental disability, and a window into just how biased and ill informed you are. You shouldn't be touting this survey. You should be busy apologizing to the world for your ignorance and for the fact that you are a bigot. With all respect due.

JayGoogle and NewRoxFan like this.
  13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

"Diversity" is a massive racist dog whistle against white people. However, Europe has it far worse -- Sweden in particular, where they have become tolerant of the intolerant (Islam) to an insane degree.

14. NewRoxFan

I am not clicking on any milo y video (call me closed minded if you like) but I think this post does a better job speaking to the title of this thread than anything I could present...

15. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Anyone who uses to word "libtard" is too biased to take seriously.

Deckard likes this.
  16. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Nice projection, it is the other way around in the real world.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly that's not true based on the evidence. That's not to say that you don't also get the same kind of intolerance you'd see on the left by looking at the extreme right, the difference is that the average person on the right is generally more tolerant of ideas they disagree with than the average person on the left. Obviously this doesn't work for every case by case situation, but we're talking about likelihood. It's why you see people on the left calling just about anyone they disagree with "Nazi's" and why you'll find more attacks by the left on people on the right over nothing more than political disagreement.

Then again, it's kind of expected because those on the left are far more likely to be driven by their emotions than those on the right....and we all know what happens when people "think" with their emotions.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You do know how averages work right? This is the equivalent of me stating the fact that on average men are more aggressive than women and you pointing out a super aggressive woman as "proof" that the fact I stated was wrong. This type of nonsense might convince children.....or those on the left, but it's not going to get you far with an adult audience.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man, you've gone full white nationalist lately. Constantly pushing their terms and propaganda now.

Diversity a dog whistle...oh boy...