1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Should Grab Dez

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Coach E, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Well that escalated quickly.

TheresTheDagger, red5rocket and J.R. like this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Anytime someone talks s*** about the cowgirls it’s a great thing. Thank You Dez.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I live in Dallas, and have been following Dez since he joined the Cowboys. Yes, his production has dropped off, and he did have a turf toe, which some (most?) players never fully recover from. BUT...

Dez is HIGHLY competitive. Being cut will make him want to succeed even more.
    Dez is a hard worker. Some criticized him because the things he was working on (route running, etc) were things you'd think he wouldn't have to. But he WAS working hard on them.
    He dropped a lot of balls (led the league, I think). Many of these looked like because he was pressing. Had he just caught half of his drops, he'd probably still be on the Cowboys, and we wouldn't be having this conversation (because that would have put him up over 1,000 yards again, and probably a couple more TD's). This is a fixable problem, and had a lot to do with pressing.
    Dez's production drop coincided with Romo no longer being the QB (either injured, or gone). This is NOT a coincidence. Romo knew better how to utilize him (just throw the ball up, and Dez will almost always be the one coming down with it), and because Romo is a LOT more accurate than Dak.
    Dak was trying to get Dez engaged, and therefore Dak was pressing with Dez too. This didn't help with his accuracy any.
    A change of scenery, in addition to the fierce desire to prove all the doubters wrong...I think Dez is going to have a good year somewhere. With all the history, I don't know if it would have happened with the Cowboys...although it might have. So, probably good to let him go, but …

He'd likely be a great pickup for the Texans.

And no, I don't know that he wants a lot of money. Maybe more than some teams are willing to pay, but Dez is more interested in a long term deal, and a team that he thinks believes in him. Dez will play his heart out for a team he thinks believes in him.

5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Baltimore tried that, he turned them down. It wasn't even all that cheap. And your own analysis indicates he should be worth more than a 1 year cheap deal.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Okay, what is your point?

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

NO. Dez Bryant is a cancer in the locker room. His Twitter ranting is going to keep his ass out of a job. Only way the Texans look at him is because of injuries.

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I don't know that he is. He IS very competitive. His recent twitter ranting probably didn't help him any, but it's not indicative of his being a locker room cancer. Which player says he was?

There were comments about how he could have been a better leader. Those likely have some truth to it, because Dez was a bit of a loner. Dez does Dez. But I suspect he took some of that to heart, and he'll likely be better in that regard.

One thing that shouldn't be overlooked is where Dez started from (outside of football) and very steadily improved in his off the field areas. Not really locker room cancer stuff. What did he do that made him locker room cancer?

That even many who think he'd be ok if obtained on the cheap also think he's worth more than that. And one of those people is Dez himself.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

not all players respond well to the emotion and temperament Dez carries upon himself. And that's something he's seem to have never learned or adjusted to. Through all the tantrums and blowups, its not out of the realm that this can negatively impact the locker room, whether intentional or not. Sure you can say he is competitive but a player next to him can very easily have mixed feelings about that when looking at things as a whole or in the moment. especially a young player still learning or even an established vet. The worst thing for a locker room is for guys to be on edge or divided amongst themselves. That's just the recipe for drama

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Are there cancers in football? Sure it sounds like an easy assumption to make. Easy thing to say... but there are like 200 people involved in day-to-day activities. I'm not sure I've seen 1 guy shift the culture of an organization and negatively impact winning all by themselves. Some players come carrying baggage, like Incognito, but to imagine a single individual bringing down an entire team... I don't know. Seems like a stretch in football.

csj likes this.
  11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The best way to describe Dez Bryant is that he's an overbearing dumbass and I'm doing my best here not to use the ahole word. All you need to do is to watch Amazon' Prime's All Or Nothing on the Cows and you'll come to understand why they cut him loose and why he's still floating around out there. Pass!

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  12. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I have to believe that anybody still entertaining the thought of the Texans picking up Dez hasn't seen "All or Nothing". Seriously, there's is no scenario in which I want to see Dez Bryant in a Texans uniform. He is the single most negative influence I have ever seen in a sport environment. NOTHING is his fault. He should NEVER be criticized under any circumstance whatsoever. Somebody claimed he is a hard worker; he is anything but. He offers absolutely nothing of value to the Texans. HARD pass.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. theimpossibles1

Just watched "All or Nothing" with the Cowboys on Amazon video.

We do NOT want Dez. He is in a really desperate and sad place in his career. Dropping crucial catches, locker room problem. His personality is a terrible fit for our team. Fuller is better, and wiser to develop young talent at WR3.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Sammy Coates>Dez

Colt45 likes this.
  18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Browns offered Dez Bryant base deal worth less than $5 million

The Browns remain interested signing receiver Dez Bryant to a contract, and receiver Dez Bryant remains not interested in signing a contract with the Browns.

Bryant is believed by some to be waiting for a better team. He also could be waiting for a better offer from the Browns. Per a league source, the Browns offered Bryant a deal with a base value of less than $5 million.

It’s not known what Bryant wants; it’s not known whether Bryant himself knows what he wants. For now, thought, he remains content to bide his time, waiting for something. Contending team, better opportunity, more familiar offense, larger salary, or some combination of those or other factors.

He’s in no hurry because he has made plenty of money in his eight NFL seasons. But, as one source explained it, there’s a chance he could sign with a team tomorrow or in two months. Ultimately, it comes down to what he wants to do, and when he wants to do it.

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Does he still want to play? Lol