1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: rockets pursuing James Ennis, decision by Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2018.

1. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

Its ok I feel ur pain. things happen..:D

Chanmarr likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hope he picks us...I’d like to have him on the team

Chanmarr likes this.
  3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

or he could be the 8th best guy on the team - and never see the floor under MDA...
    If you're not a star and you come to Houston... it could be feast or famine regarding minutes... jus sayin...

4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Guys, I checked the calendar and today said Wednesday o_O

5:45?

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. aroundtheblock2

Same. Why couldn't we sign both Ennis and Nunnally?

I know Nunnally has some big Euro offers but there's going to be a lot of NBA money available next year and if he performs he might get a nice big check.

Deckard and DonKnock like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I.D.I.O.T.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Come on Dareroll I'm trying to get excited about something. Just give me a 3 and D euro role player and I'll be happy!

Chanmarr and DonKnock like this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

5:45, guys?

DonKnock likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Come on. He said "Luc might not resign, and there are 5 suitors." like 5 days into Free Agency. That guess covers almost every contingency. He didn't call the Clippers...wow.

• He was flat out wrong about Morey's original offer, by a big margin.
    • He was waaaayyy off on Capela's asking, too. Everyone on the BBS could have guessed he was asking more than Lavine.
    • And, "I'm told he felt undervalued." lulz. Capela tweeted a sad emoji face.

That above tweet was flat out wrong. Lulz at the idea he scooped ESPN and Feigen's confimred numbers.

Iko doesn't have sources...he makes guesses and/or recycles previous news...like recycling Capela's sad face as "I'm told he felt undervalued." lulz

Now he's naming an agent by name that you can look up, just to sound more convincing on a guess that no one cares about wrt Nunnally, and on the deadline day that Feigen reported for Ennis.

Why would an agent allow a newbie to use his name? And why use it, instead of just saying "League Sources." It's all just a very good guess, based upon Feigen's deadline. Iko knows how to play Twitter.

#190 heypartner, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Gorki likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

iko reported 4/48 while feigen reported 5/85 -- that's a huge difference, and of course feigen is getting it directly off the memo from the front office so he's correct. iko's trash

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Still at the 2 yard line?

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Dude,

you are a pro.

Bobsputin and RocketsMAN! like this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol nothing comes early.

15. heypartner

It's obvious he was making guesses soley based upon what Nurkic got...it's just a lie to make it appear that an league source (agent or team) actually reported that number, or it's at best a disingenuous tweet to lead to us believing it was a valid source vs ppl just reporting guesses.

pippendagimp likes this.
  16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He listed the Clippers as one of the 5 teams.

Most situations have contingencies, by the way.

How do we know what Morey's original offer was? There's lots of PR spin going on now (from both sides). Kelly said closer to Nurkic, which was 4 for $53M. MacMahon at ESPN reported 4 for $60M the next day. That's pretty damn close.

I have literally seen him interact with his sources with my own eyes. He's not guessing. As with any source-driven report, some will be wrong, but he's very much legit -- and that's why Daryl Morey and Luc Mbah a Moute (among others) have given him praise within the past month. You don't have to like him, to each their own, but the idea that he's making up sources is flat-out untrue.

Cash Cam likes this.
  17. xaos

xaos Member

Please no more Iko tweets.

18. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

What?!? Never been there. :rolleyes:

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

ESPN's Tim MacMahon reported 4/60 the very next day. Are you accusing MacMahon of being "trash" as well, since that's closer to Nurkic than the numbers Feigen reported in the Chronicle?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ys-luxury-tax-not-influencing-offseason-moves

I think the more likely scenario is that there were a number of options presented in that July 1 meeting, but ultimately the two sides weren't in agreement. It's not like there's just one deal offered, and that's it. And now, each is trying to use the court of public opinion to put a little more pressure on the other side. Seems clear that Iko and MacMahon got their numbers from Capela's reps, while Feigen got his from Daryl's people. Which is right? I don't know. IMO, rather than accusing someone of lying, I think the more reasonable conclusion is that each party in the negotiations is trying to spin the narrative to their benefit as best they can.

Louka likes this.
  20. heypartner

"This is not the tweet you are looking to defend. Move on." -- Lance Z :)

Those numbers are not close. Iko guessing Nurkic's contract at $12m was not close. Iko was flat out wrong....and MacMahon saying $15m was wrong in the end, too, anyhow.

Feigen's 5y $85m ($17m/per) has been re-confirmed by other sources, and the only one saying 5yrs.

I get it. You can only benefit from supporting a fellow social network reporter, as it helps build your own network of possible sources. I don't fault you for defending the new kid on the block, who was apparently given a Press Pass.

Who are you talking about interacting with. I mean Broussard interacts with his multiple sauces, too. Clutch, MK Bower and Batman Jones interact with Morey. You can talk to trainers and they'll say nothing, too. Is it player possy's that he mentions in tweets? Doesn't really matters anyhow, considering how wrong he is all the time. What I'm saying is the sources either don't know, or he embellishes based upon guesses, because he is wrong a lot, so what good are those supposed sources.

Making educated guess ("5 teams") and recycling news is stuff any amateur can do.

Now, in fairness to Kelley, as he continues to improve his clicks (thanks to CFnet), at one point, maybe someone will use him to get info out. But my guess is at no point has he ever thanked Clutch for the exposure he gets here.

BigMaloe, LongTimeFan and FLASH21 like this.