1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I definitely disagree there

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Faried i guess...meh, i feel like no team here should help the Lakers unless it's a very good deal in play, the Warriors will have to make some big decisions in one/two years with their big free agents, the Rockets are a old team, why would a team like Denver help the Lakers to form another super team? I can understand the Spurs if they deal with the Lakers cause they might have no other choice, but other teams should really stay away, gift a pick to the Lakers to eat 11M in salary...i'd do that move with the Hawks if i need to.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Morey should tell Magic we'll give him multiple picks in exchange for taking Anderson. Magic might be so laser-focused on getting Kawhi to attract Lebron, that he forgets moving Ryno is the last piece of the puzzle for us to get Lebron.

Maybe Morey can have Patitta call Magic to further the ruse,

Patitta: "Hi Magic. Long time fan. My dad wants to give up on efforts to land Lebron, so he authorized me to go around Daryl's back to offer you 2 FRPs to take Anderson, because we are feeling pressure of looming Luxury taxes."

Magic: [Smiling and fist-pumping to his secretary, with pen-writing gesture to have her get a blank trade agreement] "Really?! You won't get into trouble will you? I don't want you to get into trouble with Daryl."

Morey: "Did he go for it? Great! Send the Lebron trade paperwork in to the league now. We solved the salary-matching issue."​

#4763 heypartner, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Cmon man, that team is on par, no matter how great we think our team is.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I very much disagree for several reasons first of which being that Lebron would still be the only legit ball handler on that team and their bench would be absolute garbage. It would end up looking like Lebron "had no help"

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Did this dude just say it's low risk - high reward to sign Chris Bosh?

You realize how bad the Rockets would look if he were to keel over and Hank Gathers himself on the court, right? Like, I'm sure Tilman would be forced to sell the team, and the entire FO would have to be swept clean. Maybe the entire roster too.

7. 50/fifty

50/fifty Member

LeBron wants Luke ****ing Walton as his coach?

fckbandwagons likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

if that trio becomes a reality, players will line up at the door to try and fill out that team

Vivi likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I always hear that, but why wouldn't those players join the Warriors or Rockets instead? Those teams are much further along.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bc both teams have most of their pieces. that team wouldn't. big difference

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

Another coach that'll get cucked by the King

Nachobar and No Chill Rocket like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

it would be an upgrade over his previous "coach".

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well yeah, that team also wouldn't beat the other 2, so it would be 2nd round exit hunting more than ring hunting.

14. jman255

jman255 Member

Los Angeles, California + millionaire athlete = ?

malakas likes this.
  15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yea I understand that but if you don't have the commitment from PG or Lebron first then you may end up with nothing and a worst team.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

well if you keep going back to your original belief of theyre just not as good, thats just you. The fact is that trio is as good as any core in the league and that includes GS and Hou. How the rest of the team fills out has an effect yes, but again they wont have a problem finding players to do so.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I have no doubt that you can find players who are only concerned with hanging out in LA, we were talking about good players that wanted to actually win.

18. MystikArkitect

When’s the last time Lebron had a coach he couldn’t undermine?

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of people disagreed with me when I said the same about a certain team from Oklahoma last year too.

20. 50/fifty

50/fifty Member

I mostly disagree. All that **** about playing with and for smart ppl... It's just hard to believe he'd bet the remainder of his career on the modern Lakers.