1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron to Houston - No Thanks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Quinncy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If you like losing in the WCF, then that's fine. Most of us want the Rockets to win it all though, and we need to improve the team for that to happen.

Quinncy likes this.
  2. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Deleted:

3. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I don't mind the Rockets getting another 3 rings if they do become the next GS.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

What’s the ****ing difference between this and the “ we don’t need Lebron thread” right under neath it?

5. SemisolidSnake

That was the feeling in my gut when I first heard about this: this doesn't sound any fun at all.

But I'll welcome it if it means I never have to watch another of the Rockets' patented and perfected "die by the three" playoff games. Seen way too many of them. If Lebron can come and lighten the load of that albatross around the Rockets' neck, please make it happen. That's 100x less fun than buying yourself the best player of the generation.

And maybe we'll get some more calls as well. I dunno, though. Sounds like the Warriors have the league completely on their side at this point from what I heard about the finals this year.

Still feels hollow, though. Even with Paul down, the Rockets had shots at those last two games in the WCF. The weren't overmatched in talent. They just played dumb, and then the refs just added the necessary extra firm pressure on the neck to see things all the way through. A smarter, less chaotic team could have still won. I'd rather see the Rockets correct deficiencies in their style of play and get a handful of more competent shooters and win with the Rockets they've been building up year by year than with Houston Presents Lebron James & The Rockets. That's what I'd like to see in an ideal world. Maybe Lebron will make the team smarter, though. I'll welcome that.

Yeah, I'm conflicted. These Rockets do that to you.

6. Yaaz y2k

Yaaz y2k Member

Lebron wont come to Houston because he cant handle the pressure of winning 65 games and reaching to 7 games western conference finals vs warriors...anything less he would hurt his legacy .....;) NOW HE CAN LOOK GOOD ANYWHERE ELSE LOL...

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

do you take things in your life for granted?

in my mind, and that may not work for you, there's no reason to feel hollow because rockets deserved lebron with their quality play and organic growth its only natural that such a smart team acquire the best player ever

whatever, even if it feels hollow it would be nice to win 3-4 chips with lebron and later on we can try to do it the more meaningful and purposeful way or the more fun way

Quinncy likes this.
  8. Yaaz y2k

Yaaz y2k Member

IF ONLY LEBRON IS NEEDED TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS THEN REST OF THE PLAYERS ARE A JOKE....ROCKETS WILL PROVE THEM ALL WRONG ...REFS MADE US LOOSE GAME 7

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ppl who think we are guaranteed the rings if we get lebron have no to little clue about basketball and life in general

kwakmeister likes this.
  10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Speak for yourself.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Okay, you just committed 2 of my biggest pet peeves:

1) You typed in all caps
    2) You misspelled "lose" - "loose" means not standing still, moving about - it does NOT mean the opposite of winning.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

TBH the name of the game is to win... by all means neccessary.

I can give 2 ish about how we get there..... all that extra prideful ish is for the birds when it comes to sports.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOOK OP
    You and your believers can simply sit out the parades and chill in the locker room

Me . ..and Mine?
    We want LeBron to come on down here and get this Three Peat started

Rocket River

harold bingo likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Without LeBron . . .we won't get those calls next year either

Rocket River

15. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    Just read words. The "we don't need LeBron" thread was intended to discuss whether we need him to win or not. The "No Thanks" thread was intended to discuss whether we want him here, regardless of whether we win or not.

16. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    "Improving" is one thing. Adding a LeBron James will re-write the roster, save a few stars and secondary players.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If you think this team, as constructed right now, will be able to replicate 65 wins and another intense, hard-fought game 7 loss to the Warriors (while the Spurs, Lakers, Jazz, Pelicans, etc) all get better, then you're being incredibly naive. If you aren't trying to beat the Warriors, then what are you doing??

justtxyank and YOLO like this.
  18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

genius wow, my bad for not reading between the lines and thanks for clarifying.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  19. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

--

Its entirely hollow to stack a team and then watch it waltz through the league. Sorry. Not interesting. And at a gut level, not as rewarding or fulfilling as a fan. That's what many on this board are trying to express.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

so instead its just better for other stack teams to just beat houston. got it