1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Lottery Night Tonight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 15, 2018.

1. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Suns have an interesting choice between the Hometown Hero and the Coach's Kid.

I see a lot of KAT in Ayton, immense size, broad-ass shoulders, a great shooting stroke, and no defensive instincts to speak of. An All-Star most likely, an MVP candidate if he can improve his defense.
    As for Doncic, this may be the homer in me speaking, but the passing vision, the craftiness, the ill-advised step-back 3s, his finishing ability despite being far from dunk contest material, Harden will pass the torch off to him just like Manu passed it to Harden.

Von Rafer and hakeem94 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They make sure to get someone like Tatum/Mitchell and not Markelle Fultz.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm happy Kings fans finally have something to be hyped for. Jumping from 7th to 2nd. They're either getting Ayton or Doncic.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Call me crazy, but I'd go with the blacker guy.

/NormMacdonald

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Sun rises due East. Sets in the West.

#65 daywalker02, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. Asian Sensation

If the consenus is true that Ayton’s value and potential is higher than Doncic and he’s too much to pass up at #1 maybe the Suns can either swap picks with Kings and get something extra or draft Ayton and trade him for Doncic + future pick.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t just take Ayton though.

I see a lot of people commenting that it’s a no brainer for Phx to draft Doncic cause of the ties with new coach but Ayton would fit in perfectly. Suns have been looking for a long term answer at Center for what seems like forever now to no avail. They’ve paid Chandler big money in the past, spent a 5th pick on Len and acquired Monroe for a heavy price only to lose him for nothing. They can’t possibly pass on Ayton can they? Len is UFA he’ll walk and Tyson is an expiring contract 1 year left and won’t be around.

The Suns just locked up TJ Warren long term last summer (bargain contract overall) so they obviously thought very highly of him and his play this year only justified the contract. They’re also highly invested in Josh Jackson 4th pick last year (super talented IMO) who’s locked up on a rookie pay scale. Both of them already play the same spot as Doncic and he’s definitely not taking Booker’s minutes even if he has 2 guard skills. I just can’t see the Suns giving up on either Warren (proven) or Jackson (showed star potential) for a prospect. A Euro prospect.

As for Capela?

Why waste $100+ million on Capela when you have a more talented, bigger, stronger yet younger and cheaper option readily available?

REEKO_HTOWN and BigO like this.
  7. Raz

Raz Member

No way they're getting Capela.

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

If suns pass on luka and he finishes in sacramento, i will be super pissed

9. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Never knew that actress Jami Gertz co-own the Atlanta Hawks with her husband. I was wondering why she was representing the Hawks.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Bleacher Report made it happen

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am more interested to see who are the high lottery busts.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get the hype between Ayton and Doncic. If I have the number 1 pick I'm drafting Michael Porter Jr if he is healthy. That kid is gonna be a star, and I hate that Dallas might get him at 5.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What part of Europe are you from? lol

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where are the Kobes (13th), Clydes (14th), Nashs (15th), Butlers (30th), Kawhis and Tmacs (9th)?

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Feel like they'll try to nab Doncic and then also go after Capela.

That HC of Phoenix has ties with Doncic so that could be a real possibility.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It seems like everyone expects us to match on Capela no matter what. I can't see them passing on a stud C prospect with the hopes we don't match, assuming they want a C.

18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I feel the same way.

Michael Porter is gonna be the superstar of this draft -- tall athletic wing who can shoot, defend, and rebound.

Are we not watching prime Durant right now? Or rookie Tatum in Boston?

This is a guard/wing league now. A smooth shooter like Porter with great form should have a premium on him. I don't buy the hype on Ayton or Doncic. Even the power forwards being projected by nbadraft.net to go ahead of Porter like Bagley and Jackson are not my cup of tea.

Give me the next 6-10 Durant/Tatum hybrid.

RHU525 likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

tough to tell. he didn't play last season obviously due to injury so he still has a long way to go. and when he did he didnt play that well.

not really comparable to those guys bc they were elite players playing in their college days

20. BigO

BigO Member

Dude Doncic is 3 that can shoot and playmake not sure what planet you're on.

RudyTBag likes this.