1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gordon: "We can’t isolate as much against a good defensive team. I don’t care who you are."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drogba, May 15, 2018.

1. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

When you're the underdog you have to get lucky in the margins (some role player(s) get hot, get some lucky bounces/calls, other team stinks, etc), and we did not have that happen in game 1. On to the next one, but if LMAM is healthy he needs to play more.

2. davee

davee Member

gordon is right. we can't beat GS playing this way

that is one of the things I wish Harden would do a better job of which to me a critical recipe for an MVP or an ALL Star and that is to MAKE TEAM MATES BETTER

Chris Paul does this. Hakeem did this

A lot of players can GET THEIRS but a super star can elevate the play of its team mates which Harden has not demonstrated at all

hongxingli likes this.
  3. rocks123

rocks123 Member

I know that it's no longer their offensive scheme but i wish they would make faster decision with the ball. they were slow before but it seems to me that once harden or paul already crosses the halfcourt they already know what to do. I dont know if they are taking extra time reading the defense or the players arent in the best offensive position due to what GSW is giving them but it's really extra slow that it's almost predictable. but there are moments that it feels like they are in a hurry. There is something off in their offensive rhythm. And with GORDON i've seen him shoot the ball in transition and makes it without a hitch. I was hoping to see that Gordon again. We'll see how d:antoni adjusts and if harden and paul will be able to pass in rhythm and not go ISO mode. But i dont know i thought it was effective. Its not like harden and paul were jacking brick shots. I just dont think it will be effective all series long because we all know that both harden and paul are notoriously known for having off game. But more than the offense its the defense that needs a lot of adjustments.

4. MyLateRegistration

So you saying Harden doesn't make the team better? Awful take. Don't ever say it again.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Does anyone remember Cavs going full ISO against 73 win GSW team to win a ring in 2016? How quickly people forget.

And that same Cavs team came back from 3-1 deficit in the finals vs. GSW.

6. riko

riko Member

Harden didn’t lead this team to 65 wins or offense going to be league mvp because all season he elevated this team? I swear it’s one thing to hate the man but to be a charlatan and just flat out lie is another thing. Hardens playmaking has been off the chart this season

Don’t be a liar

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I didn’t say last I said almost last... we were the 8th slowest team in the NBA. Not a typical D’Antoni offense

8. MyLateRegistration

We were 13th on pace. Just stop.

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

[​IMG]

10. threepointshot3

Yeah I guess he hasn’t made Clint better with all those lobs off the pick and roll or created ton of open looks for the shooters with his dribble penetration followed by the the kick out passes.

I mean this is a guy who scored and created close to a 100 points on a game this season but yeah he dose not make anyone better. Just wow the amount of venomous garbage in this post is astounding

D-rock likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He prolly meant to say the team needs an additional motivator.....I think they have enough.

D-rock and ryano2009 like this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Gordon should worry about not sucking so much.

13. SS0101

SS0101 Member

We are who we are. We gotta do and keep doing what got us here. Maybe start using different screen actions, different parts of the floor, sooner in the shot clock, etc. But, we are at our best when harden ultimately breaks the defense down/Paul probes the defense.

The biggest take away from game one is that this warriors team is indeed (not maybe, not almost, not possibly) the best team of all time. We have lost sight of that because the rockets are arguably a top 10 team of all time. Any other era this rockets team is a contender and likely the favorite for about a 3 to 4 year window. So for me, in my mind, in order to beat this team we gotta play perfect games. That is what we should be discussing, for THIS team, THIS personnel, with THIS scheme...what constitutes a perfect game? And we gotta do it 4 times...maybe 3 times if we count on a warriors clunker at some point. Or maybe 3 times to at least get us to an emotional game 7 where anything can happen.

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That was before Durant. Hell if he wasn't on their team now we would've won Game 1 but it's water under the bridge now.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If you think for 0.01 seconds that Harden doesn't make his teammates better, you flat out do not understand the game of basketball.

harold bingo likes this.
  16. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

hes right though... You wont beat the warriors in the playoffs like this.. CP3 and Harden really need to try and set up their teammates for more shots. there just standing there watching for 18 seconds..
    Even if they miss, you have to give them more shots..

17. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

you cant beat the warriors if EG doesnt wake up.. I love HArden , but cmon he has had his slumps in the payoffs.. EG needs to be more involved (Period) regardless if hes struggling he need to keep shooting them.

rocketman84 likes this.
  18. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

exactly.. Not just him,, Everyone needs to get the ball more..
    also i expect to see Joe Johnson more than Ryan Anderson in this game)

rocketman84 likes this.
  19. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

everybody blaming Gordon..

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they both tried and passed.. their teammates just missed a lot of shots

are you saying they need to continue to pass inspite of their teammates missing? then harden and cp3 will be accused of being too passive

MyLateRegistration and D-rock like this.