1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Johnny Manziel enters treatment

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by sugrlndkid, Feb 2, 2015.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

And I should care about this why?

2. Major

Major Member

Only you can tell us that. You're the one who clicked the thread and spent the time to reply.

Uprising and TheresTheDagger like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Please, tell him why he cares.?!?

Did you read about the VY letter to Jeff Fisccher?

4. Major

Major Member

Jeff Fisher seems like such an idiot. I'm glad Sean McVay pulled the mask off his terribleness as a coach. I have no idea if VY could have succeeded in the right situation earlier in his career, but I know that wasn't it - and it would have been entertaining to see (later in his career, VY earned his own failures). I hope Manziel gets an opportunity for the same reasons - just to see what he can do.

edit: The Lunhow quote you posted in the Astros thread is why I root for the VY's and Maziels of the world:

When Josh made that decision, I was rooting for them," says Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow, then with the Cardinals. "It's always worth rooting for people who are on the outside edge, pushing the envelope and not following the traditional model."

I love seeing when players (and schemes, etc) that don't fit the mold have a lot of success.

5. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, Fisher is a total ******* and possibly the most overrated coach in the history of the NFL. I'll go to my grave wondering what VY would have done with a "dad" coach for his first few years (like he had with Mack) in the NFL. Pete Carroll? Kubiak? There's not a lot of those guys.

ETA: I didn't see it, but apparently Fisher thought the letter was fake because his name was misspelled? True?

I just threw the Fischhser up there for the hell of it.

6. Major

Major Member

Yup - I think I heard he STILL hasn't opened it even enough though VY talked about it many years ago, so he had every reason to know it was real. But even if it was fake, why wouldn't you open it?

7. Buck Turgidson

Because he's a jackass with an axe to grind?

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Doesn't the fact Fisher's name was spelled incorrectly lend more credence that it was real? :)

RunninRaven, Buck Turgidson and Major like this.
  9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I heard about that but haven't seen the letter. From what I see here, it looks like Fisher has (finally) been exposed for the pathetic coach he was/is.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. TheresTheDagger

https://247sports.com/nfl/tennessee...ings-with-Johnny-Manziel-at-Pro-Day-116763044

Report: Patriots had multiple meetings with Johnny Manziel

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tonight in Manziel's first start in the CFL, he's thrown 4 INTs in the 1st half. It was a complete disaster and very fun to watch. His team is down 38-3.

In all fairness, Mike Sherman is an idiot for throwing him out there. Right now, Johnny isn't prepared for much more than sandlot football. There was no way he was going to succeed under the circumstances.

#472 A_3PO, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Cold Hard and Torn n Frayed like this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Not sure why you thought is was very fun to watch.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No one should really take anything much from that performance. Manziel was unprepared and only had 4 practices with the team, not to mention how he hasn't played football for like 2 years.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You're right... he's a HOFer until proven otherwise...

It is pretty weak that ESPN still feels the need to put this on their front page. At this point, Manziel has as good a chance of being a future star NFL QB as James Harden does.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

It was a fun train wreck. But he did this to himself. While I admire the confidence at times, you still must adapt to your work environment before they throw you out. I think Lebron hit the nail on the head this week.

17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Johnny and Vince need to just go away and stay away. If they are in the news it's always for something bad.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Will AAF take a risk on him?

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  20. buffalobills!!!

AEW?