1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragon Ball (Super)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OTMax, Feb 12, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

The mystery yes, but him just being concerned about food and not really threatening enough to actually seem like he wants to destruct something, made his character kind of a joke.

I do like indeed how Goku and Vegeta cannot beat him but if they beat Jiren, then he’s beatable too so unfortunately they cannot save him from becoming just another god. Of course in DB they can just change the narrative the next saga however they see fit.

Beerus is unfazed at first, which was a perfect trait for a God, but now he’s actually impressed by the powers shown, so there’s probably no reason for him to have a significant role as a fighter. Although they could focus on his master, but he’s just a silly angel with a stick.

I just think it would’ve been better had he been a bit more of a silent type, menacing, that reflects his powers and attitude towards mortals. His look is great though and he has his moments.

2. BeardedWonder

BeardedWonder Member

DBS has its flaws but overall it hasn't been terrible. It at-least has given us a chance to expand Gokus and Vegetas story. Goku black story line is by far the best and closest to dbz, but the last 15-20 episodes have been some of the best animation I have ever seen. Its a shame its ending in march but hopefully its only to give the spotlight to the upcoming Saiyans origins movie. If it does come back I hope they finally give the spotlight to Vegeta or Gohan, having Goku act like a complete baboon and still be the one to save the day is getting tiresome.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

DB and DBZ was my childhood. I'll wait for Super to be dubbed in English before I watch. I hear a lot of good things though.

For anyone interested in the complete DBZ Bluray set.

[​IMG]

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

That's a hefty price, considering everything's online. They should add some extras at least ;)

https://ww2.dbsuperepisode.com/category/dragon-ball-super-subbed/

Well, it's kind of lame no? It's mainly his look, because him looking exactly like the typical alien from outer space the Americans invented just irks me. They could've at least given him a bad ass look. And he's not moved by anything they throw at him, yet a surprise simple energy attack wounds him? The story does not explain how he's stronger than a god. Just a little boy with anger issues who worked endlessly to get powerful, sounds like Vegeta. This is my only hope, that Vegeta is the one this time, as he uses that ascended / SS2 God form combined with ultra insinct, because they are somewhat similar in their quest to be the best. However, I foresee an end battle between Goku and Frieza though, after they've taken out Jiren.

cheke64 likes this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

why is it so damn difficult to make them talk english? I remember going to mexico in 1995 and they had all of dragon ball gt episodes talking in spanish meanwhile in the united states they were far behind.

mrm32 likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have never been a fan of DB
    I was trying Super. .. but was trying to figure out where it fit in the DB world

I say Goku's fight with Hit . . . was anticlimatic

but not longer than the Frieza fight . . not even a 10th as long

ROcket River

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I personally thought Goku's and Vegeta's story ended in the Majin Buu arc. When Vegeta admitted that Goku is better than him, I thought it was over. We know Vegeta, conceding defeat is huge and is end game. Super should have expanded the other character's story not double down on Goku and Vegeta.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think it’s terrible, I can’t get into this new DB stuff at all

nah, it’s just not for me

9. opticon

opticon Member

At first I thought this was a thread for Dragon Ball fighterZ. This game is everything It is everything I ever wanted from a dragon Ball Z game. The animation in the game is like watching the show in HD. The game has the option for both Japanese and English voices which one of my favorite features. Hearing picalo saying special beam cannon does not do it for me.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Anyone else caught up with the subbed versions? Wonder if we'll be seeing Gogeta this weekend.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Well, you can easily see that as an honest moment and explanation of why he keeps wanting to beat his ass and be better than him. Because he knows Goku is better than him. The problem is not necessarily doubling down, it's how Super seemed to sort of start over many years later without addressing the past properly. GT had a smoother transition. Super just started anew.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yes, watched the last few last night. You mean the fusion with the earrings? Where would they get them from, the Kai's? I do think a fusion might be where this is going to end u and it better be this one as opposed to Vegito which we've already seen. I'm still hoping Vegeta goes Ultra Instinct SS2 Blue or something crazy and beats Jiren with Goku beating Frieza again right before. Maybe Goku sacrifices himself in distracting Jiren, then Vegeta can wish back planet 6 (Cabba) and we have a chance for a new Saiyan story development and hopefully retire the Goku & Vegeta one. Would that be something @DreamShook? ;)

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah, it's crazy how close it looks to the anime! I do think it's too easy with just 10-20 hit combos just arcade butting smashing, but for the bigger moves and certain tag team finishes you need to be skilled and time it right, so I've heard. I haven't bought it yet, because I want to know the DLC first. 24 characters in a 3-tag game is not a lot, especially considering we have many similar (looking) characters. I really wish they could've incorporated transformations.

Speaking of DLC, which ones you hoping for? I know the datamining has pretty much leaked all of them, but it's still up in the air at least about a few on that list since it could just be avatars. Some just make too much sense though and have made my list. I don't think they should put in any characters yet that haven't shown their full potential and or are not dead yet so Jiren, Ultra Instinct Goku and a fusion should not be in imo. Vegito Blue is nothing special, but if they fuse again, maybe with ultra instinct it could make for a much more interesting character and you can be sure there will be more DLC after that. Ending up with 40 characters, two DLC packs of 8 just makes too much sense.

So here's my list I'm hoping for will be the first 8 DLC:

1. Broly normal / SS rage - Broly is 99% a lock, one of the most popular characters from the movies and just has a look that is different from the other Saiyans. In making him even more different, he should be in as his enraged version with fully white eyes.

2. Cooler - Since it looks like they will make pairs and Cooler as the sole other movie character that just has a great story line and epic look in his final form (shredder like), he should be in and is probably 99% a lock too to make it.

3. Fused Zamasu - Zamasu and Goku Black are great characters and while we already have Goku Black, so Zamasu makes the most sense, they won't let them fuse in the game and that is the strongest and coolest version. Zamasu will be in, in some form.

4. Dabura - This guy has to be in, just a very unique look and moves that go along with it. Think Sub-Zero type freezing with turning people to stone for a few seconds.

5. Kefla - A female Super Saiyan, count me in. I personally love Kale out of control, where she looks like Broly, the most but with Broly probably in, they would just be too similar. Kefla is the strongest one and looks cool too, so would be great to go against.

6. Future Trunks - Ascended Saiyan / SS2 - This is just a personal favorite, and would be great to have another form of Trunks. SS2 makes the most sense, but I just love his look when he ascends and goes buff. If that would be in, I wouldn't mind Broly in his normal form.

7. Master Roshi - Just makes too much sense to have the man who taught the kamehameha to Goku in, especially because he's unique and provides some fun too. His buffed version would be really funny, maybe even give him the Evil containment wave that he can pull off once a battle.

8. Android 17 - he's just really cool in Super!

Honorable mentions:
    - King Kai - I just love that funny fat blob, but know he won't make it since he's a useless fighter
    - Buu in final form (Gohan absorbed) - we have the two others, but this form looks the best
    - Cell in first form - the best and most menacing looking form, give us a less powerful one to battle with some of the original characters
    - King Piccolo - an evil Namek, what's not to like

We will probably get Vegito Blue to pair with Fused Zamasu as well as the base forms of Goku and Vegeta, which I think is really lame. 3 versions of Goku and Vegeta will probably be the max, so my hope for a Ultra Instinct version and beyond would be out of the window for this game.

BeardedWonder likes this.
  14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I'm about 8 episodes behind for the english shows. Enjoying it more in the sense of nostalgia than anything else.

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Stopped reading OPs post because I don't want to spoil myself. I have recently started watched the dubbed version of Super, have seen both movies, and just finished season 1. I have access to 2 and 3 dubbed, but am hearing that there is somewhere in the 5-6 seasons?! Anyways season 1 was essentially the first movie from what I saw, but more in depth. Looking forward to watching the whole series as DBZ is my all-time favorite anime (sentimental reasons) Followed by Yu Yu Hakusho!

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Extremely sure they'll wish back all the universes that are gone, only reviving a single planet and leaving everyone else dead would be against the philosophy of Goku etc.

After the tournament, my guess is they'll hunt down the guy that killed Jiren's family, as he seems to be one of the strongest evil beings left.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Future details
    No gogeta spoilers already tell us that vegeta gets ringed and goku masters Ultra instinct

#37 BigMaloe, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m sure after the tournament they’ll say they were just kidding about eliminating the universes to get everyone motivated.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Bruh. No one wants to hear spoilers.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You specifically asked if we will see gogeta this weekend to people who keep up with subs? :confused: