1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OTMax makes racist posts

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Daddy Long Legs, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Do people still listen to this guy and take him seriously? Dude is straight up a racist and extremely insensitive towards oppression.

We cant let him off the hook and tolerate racism. His “joke” below was disgusting.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/will-cp3-take-a-paycut-if-he-stays.283830/

OTmax, if you are reading this I heavily recommend getting a new username and starting over. You will be judged and shamed until you do.

2. Daddy Long Legs

I see that people are afraid to call out racism here. People need to be more vocal about standing up to bigotry honestly.

Its okay, we all know what he said. No one here will forget now.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No one is afraid to call out racism here, many did in the thread you mentioned and we do it all the time (especially in D&D). It's just that no action is taken by mods, so people know threads like yours probably won't lead to anyone getting banned.

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Racism is also overrated in these Politically Correct times.

I am all against it and generalization in general but I feel we got soft and all whiney about everything.

Sometimes it's an insensitive quote or a bad joke. Happens. How about we give 2nd chances if it's not overdone.

[​IMG]

5. Daddy Long Legs

I absolutely agree. The joke isnt the problem. The tripling down on it and refusing to apologize or take accountability for it is the problem.

Hes telling people to chill out he doesnt care about their feelings because its funny to him.

You cant get a 2nd chance if you never admit you did something insensitive...

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

It was probably just an attempt at humor by someone who's not good at it. It doesn't mean he is a racist. Tinman gets away with far worse in the Dish.

7. Daddy Long Legs

I absolutely agree. Ive said insensitive things in my life too, but i dont double down on it and tell people to chill out and back off. I say my bad and learn from it.

He deserves no sympathy or understanding until he says “yeah that was dumb lol”

He hasnt offered any concession whatsoever. Ive asked him to say “my bad” or “yeah that was a joke in poor taste” for months.

He refuses to

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

My only question is why now?

Why, after 4 months, did you decide to piss me off by once again putting personal crap in my Rockets forum?

The thread you are whining about got closed, and likely resulted in him getting a mark against him on the "Should this person be banned?" counter....but since Clutch didn't immediately handle it in the way you feel it should have been handled, you decide to create two threads about it in 2 different forums, one of which is NOT the place for personal or site issues.(GARM)

Look, I see comments all the time that I feel should at least result in tempbans, but it is not my call, if Clutch decides to give the offender another chance that is his call, it is his forum. If you don't like it, well nobody stopping you from hangin over at r/rockets instead.

Clutch's playground, Clutch's rules. Deal with it.

btw...since you have now seen my explanation for why your thread got closed in GARM, I'm gonna go ahead and take out the trash. All further discussion on this subject will be here only.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

I apologize for putting you in an awkward position and it wont happen again. That wasnt my intent.

To answer your question, it is because i grew frustrated after asking him to say “my bad” or some sort of soft concession like “yeah that was a dumb joke lol” for a while but he refuses to everytime.

I get it, I wont mess with the GARM again. Will not be ego centric or make it about certain posters feelings anymore. It did accomplish what I intended though because this thread finally got attention.

Im committed to talking about rockets and having quality sports discussions there this season. Thank you

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This doesn't sound like a full apology to me, or that "you get it." You ironically use "I will not be ego centric" and "my thread finally got attention" in the same "apology"...lulz That's like a middle-schooler interrupting class to call out teacher with the childish "unfair treatment" claim, then saying "I apologize for calling you out, but it did accomplish what I intended."

Since you are demanding apologies now, how about you try again with a real apology that doesn't have a egocentric disclaimer at the end.

Not sure you understand how to make a real apology to Clutch and Rockets2K, since your poll in that deleted thread was calling out Clutch and his Mods -- how'd you put it. "The Mods don't care about racism."

By saying, "It did what I intended" really reads like you intended to force the Mods to respond to this thread by blasting a Poll in the GARM calling them out.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Calm down with your vendetta against me HP. Its really getting old. I apologized for putting the mods in an awkward position but not for bringing awareness to OTmaxs racism.

Now I am an enemy and villain on this board for asking OTmax to admit that was an insensitive comment?

You completely misread me. I admitted the thread was ego centric and I wont be ego centric in the future with those kinds of threads. Ego centric wasnt a disclaimer, it was me saying thats what made the thread inappropriate.

I apologize for nothing else.

Boi sit down

12. heypartner

This thread coincided with the banning of FTW Rockets FTW. And FTW had a fairly active thread calling-him out -- "Do something mods".

So, with Mathrocker's long-running crusade against OTMax (as he admits in the OP and the deleted GARM thread), a lightbulb went off in his head to copy the FTW Rockets FTW feedback thread, to maximize his negative campaign. But all he could find was 4mo old material.

Pretty easy to read these middle-school clique minds. You just have to think back to when you were 12 yrs old.

13. Daddy Long Legs

you are losing it hp. I used to think you were a smart poster but this is just delusional trash.

Everything about this situation is about racism but keep deflecting if you want

14. heypartner

You directly called out the Mods in that Poll in your deleted thread. One of the Poll options was "The Mods won't do anything because they don't care about racism."

They deserve a full apology with no disclaimers ... but you won't provide one....will you?

I don't have a vendetta against you. Quit making this all about you.

I'm here in a Feedback thread that you are drawing attention to. You just don't want to read feedback you don't like. So, anyone who does provide negative feedback has a vendetta against you...'eh.

15. heypartner

OK, I'm here because you called out the Mods in your GARM thread, for not taking action.

I think they deserve a full apology with no disclaimer for being called out in the GARM

16. Daddy Long Legs

How is me admitting the thread being inappropriate and too ego centric a disclaimer? Thats me listing the reasons why it was a bad thread.

What do you want from me? Troll me somewhere else because you are seriously off base here

17. heypartner

The disclaimer is: "I'm sorry, but I accomplished what I intended."

18. Daddy Long Legs

I did accomplish what I intended (bringing awareness go maxs bigotry) but I now regret it because I went about it in a foolish and inappropriate way that put the mods in an awkward situation. I now realize that it wasnt worth it to go about it that way.

I also went as far to say I was ego centric and shouldve thought further before impulsively acting in that manner.

Its a very real apology.

All jokes and your vendetta agsinst me aside, stay out of this one if you are going to turn a serious issue about racism into your paranoia of me conspiring to ruin clutchfans.

19. heypartner

How is this trolling? I'm provided feedback in a thread where you are requesting feedback to such an outlandish extent of starting a GARM thread to attract people here. You just don't like my feedback. btw: I think you mean stalk, not troll, anyhow.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Agree that him posting in the GARM was wrong, but:
    It's healthy to occasionally reflect on certain issues. It's definitely a shitty thing to call out mods in the poll, but I understand that some posters grow more frustrated each time offensive posts (especially when it comes to race) happen and no action is taken.
    Even more so when there are no replies from mods in many feedback threads here.

DudeWah and Pen15clubber like this.