1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 6

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 12, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thursday, October 12th
    Philadelphia at Carolina 7:25pm CBS

Sunday, October 15th
    Miami at Atlanta Noon↓ CBS
    New England at NY Jets CBS
    Cleveland at Houston CBS
    Green Bay at Minnesota FOX
    Detroit at New Orleans FOX
    San Francisco at Washington FOX
    Chicago at Baltimore FOX
    Tampa at Arizona 3:05pm↓ FOX
    LA Rams at Jacksonville FOX
    Pittsburgh at Kansas City 3:25pm↓ CBS
    LA Chargers at Oakland CBS
    NY Giants at Denver 7:30pm NBC

Monday, October 16th
    Indianapolis at Tennessee 7:30pm ESPN

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

i find it intresting that ever since Andrew Luck went out of commision and it seems like mariota is destined to never stay healthy. The sports media is pushing all of their chips in on young carson wentz lol.

I mean not even 9 months ago many in the media and among nfl talking circles predicted that dak prescott would go the way of rg3 or kaepernick.. because according to them, once teams had film on you. You were finished lol Well Dak Prescott has rarely if ever had a bad game in his 20 plus starts as dallas cowboys qb. The only starts i can think of are with the vikings and broncos. Dak has faced Aaron Rodgers 3 times within a 17 month period and you can make the case by looking at the stats he outplayed rodgers all 3 TIMES.. i mean pff and espn qbr said dak was the better qb all 3 times. But because most americans are dumb as rocks and cant watch and analyze what they are seeing for themselves without the media telling it to them they believe a qb sucks or isnt good enough if he doesnt have the ball last

Here is how the media buries SUPERIOR qbs like watson, and dak, and elevates 1 year wonders like goff and wentz lol.. notice they mention mitchell tribusky, but not jameis winston..( dont think thats not intentional)

im supposed to believe a guy like Jared Goff and Carson Wentz after a decent 4 game stretch is better than Dak and Watson because they have a better defense and their skill players are better. Dak and Watson are pace for 40+ total td's while posting passer ratings over 100... Also Jameis Winston is on pace for 32 td passes, 4,700 yards passing, 7.8 ypa and 61% and winston is only 23

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cam with the ultra flop, lol

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

What an awful throw by cam on that last int

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Cam sucks.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Two of the strangest drives from Cam I've ever seen. Maybe there really is a grand script trying to elevate Wentz and destroy Dak.

RocketsTruth likes this.
  9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

NFC surprise contender baton passed to Eagles <--- Falcons <--- Panthers <--- Seahawks

Eagles will be going to the Super Bowl.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I missed the game but yikes, looks like Scam was exposed. 3 picks? Damn.

11. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

NYG already laid out the blueprint on how to beat them, and if Carolina didn't give them 15 pts off turnovers, then they probably would've won tonight too. GB, NE, and ATL are all bad matchups for Philly, but then again, they're bad matchups for most teams.

Philly's defense is legit though and will be bolstered by getting back Darby and Jones. Wentz has really impressed me this season. They'll go as far as his teammates let him.

He was bad, but the play-calling was pretty horrendous so I wouldn't say he was "exposed." One pick also wasn't his fault as Stewart dropped a wide open screen pass that bounced into a pick. But he still probably could've thrown 4 or 5 picks tonight.

#11 tmactoyao, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Blueprint or not, the Eagles only loss came at the hands of the Chiefs on a last second play.

Look I'm not saying the Eagles are some kind of juggernaut, but they keep winning close games because they have one of the best defenses in the NFC and that will go a long way in the playoffs.

Every year you see a surprise team come out of the NFC like I pointed out in my post; Falcons, Panther, Seahawks, etc. I just think this year will be the Eagles' turn to come out of that conference.

13. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

last nights game was a tribute to the late Sam Mills who wore the the jersey number #51.. he played for both the philadephia eagles and the carolina panthers.( both of those teams played last night) He died in Charlotte, North Carolina at age 45.

Notice the final score score last night summed to 51.. which equaled sam mills jersey number. And also Luke Kuechly suffered his 4th( fake) concussion in 5 years. Which might mean the end of of his career. So Kuechly and Mills played the same position and their careers may have died on the same field in the same city

If you watched the final squence you could see that cam was trying to throw an interception, to keep the score at 51, wentz is so bad that he could he couldnt even ice the game once cam threw his 3rd int of the game.

And yes the nfl wants wentz to be better than Dak, but the truth is, he is nowhere near. Wentz is like a more refined blake bortles, and dak is like a poor mans aaron rodgers( which is basically russell wilson)

#13 RocketsTruth, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Cam didn’t play good but damn where’s the running game. Did anyone have positive yards besides Cam? There were also a few drops.

But communication with Benjamin has been horrible. He threw atleast three fly balls and it looked liked Benjamin was running a post.

Eagles look legit. That defense very well could be top 5. That Wentz throw to Jeffrey down the sideline in the fourth was a great pass and basically was the game there.

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I'm happy with McKinney and Cunningham, but do we make an attempt at him?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I have a man crush on DeShawn Watson, and I'm not afraid to tell everyone

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

Jets is something....

20. hooroo

hooroo Member