1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale doesn’t think James Harden is a leader

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Oct 6, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Because they like Westbrook (we all know this). This is our reality. Everyone hates Harden so his flaws are more scrutinized. it is what is.

J Sizzle and DonKnock like this.
  2. illwil29

illwil29 Member

I totally agree with you. I saw nothing wrong with what him or Shaq said. Maybe James will hear it and work harder. As far as Shaq he just doesn't know if it will work? We all are skeptical. Didn't work with Ty Lawson. Everybody is a little sensitive to it. It's like not one person can have a realistic opinion.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm tired of the "He was tired" excuse. If Harden doesn't use that excuse why should we? Harden carried the team in the regular season why shouldn't we expect him to carry the team in the post season?

4. onreego

onreego Member

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

McHale is an idiot. Destroyed the TWolves FOR YEARS! No he's got all the answers? Gimme a break!

McHale best years were as a player.

6. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I forgot about that phone interview. Anyway, McHale seems perfect in this media role. He can talk about problems without having to solve them.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Westbrook plays hard and angry, Harden plays lazy. He's not the athletic dynamo that Westbrook is. Westbrook is out their wrecking people and Harden looks like he's doing ballet. Westbrook wants to rip your heart out and eat your babies and Harden wants to put dollar bills in your girlfriends g string.

split41, ElPigto and BleedsRocketRed like this.
  8. illwil29

illwil29 Member

True. I was talking about when he benched Harden in that Clippers come back.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Kevin mcFail - SALTY, BITTER and just a dumbass

No wonder no one wants to hire him

Cash Cam, J.R. and RocketsTruth like this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Look, McHale is 100% spot on. Harden really can't say anything to other players about poor defense. At least not without being laughed at. Leaders need to play the right way. And let's face it, Harden doesn't always play the right way. Also, I don't think Harden really wants that leadership role. Chris Paul wants to be that guy, and frankly he commands respect from his teammates because he gets the job done on both ends of the floor.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

BTW I love these threads because it's funny to see how the mcFail fans who used to attack me and @cheke64 spin this ****. It's like they have nowhere to go. Mcfail was their boy and James Harden is their boy. Should I name them?

12. justtxyank

McHale is definitely NOT an idiot and I don't doubt anything he is saying, but it is disappointing that he is saying them.

George Karl gets called a snake and ultimately blackballed for talking about things. McHale is picking on an easy target though. He's attacking someone the media already doesn't like.

It's pretty rare for a former coach to get a tv gig and insult his star player like this. He flat out made fun of James Harden for the defense stuff and said that the rest of the guys on the team were laughing at him too. I can't think of another time that happened.

split41 and pippendagimp like this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Harden doesn't say that was the reason out loud because he knows jokers like the ones on this panel will say "Tired?! Well sh*t, back in my day we played 15 hours on the blacktop in the morning before practice and then ran 5 miles uphill both ways in the snow and 100 degree heat at the same time just to warm up!"

14. FTW Rockets FTW

^^^ #1 example above DonKnock

DonKnock likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know this is a thread criticizing Harden's leadership capabilities and listing some of his flaws, but I take offense to this post.

unlike.

justtxyank likes this.
  16. justtxyank

Right, Harden is NOT a leader.

Leaders don't throw terrible passes to their teammates that were completely uncatchable and then b**** at them up the court. Harden blames the others guys on the teams for his mistakes on defense and his turnovers. That has to drive guys crazy.

That said, his teammates also like him and other stars want to play with him. I think it's just a personality thing. He doesn't want to be a leader, he just wants to hoop. When he tries to force it he comes across wrong.

17. justtxyank

Sorry bro. :(

The post was meant to be lighthearted.

18. Drogba

Drogba Member

If Harden isn't a leader then are Kawhi, Durant, Westbrook, Curry or Davis?

19. 34to11

34to11 Member

Isn't this the same guy who told us James Harden was incapable of playing point guard. He thought the idea was laughable.

I've always tried to remain respectful of what McHale did during his time in Houston but I have become increasingly disappointed in how he has handled things since the Rockets dismissed him.
    I know he has no preexisting connection to the team or the city like he had in Boston and Minnesota, but a modicum of professionalism and respect for the team (and player) who gave you the best coaching opportunity of your career isn't much to ask.

McHale seems to want the team to fail and has taken every opportunity to slight Harden and marginalize the Rockets. It comes across as classless and bitter behavior to me.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I won't debate what he said, or whether he should have said it, or the mannerisms in which he said it.
    I don't really care that much.

I will just say, overall, I'm not in any way entertained or educated by Kevin McHale as a basketball analyst.
    How are these guys rated?
    Why do they get jobs?

I love all the NBA tv shows. I just find some of the guys on there every year to be repetitive and annoying. Like Reggie, McHale, Shaq.

don grahamleone and 34to11 like this.