1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KayDee Takes a Dump on India

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Aug 11, 2017.

1. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Despite KD's somewhat unfortunate way in voicing his views, I do respect the fact that he is voicing his views of the reality that is all to easily ignored by people in his position. Too often you just see celebrities and athletes going overseas with only the view to market their brand.

durvasa likes this.
  2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

But the bay area has donkey and curry everywhere. Truly repulsive!

Jontro likes this.
  3. BackdoorHarden

This is what I saw when I went to Alabama

[​IMG]

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a gross exaggeration, with all due respect. India is a country of contradictions. Great beauty, great wealth, incredible poverty, with startling numbers of people looking for a place to sleep outside as sunset approaches. The privileged with their fair skin and inherited wealth, and those of the lowest castes who can be treated as badly as the worst racism we've seen in our own country. Then you have a relatively new and growing middle class, often a mixture of castes, a glimpse of India's future.

I spent a couple of months in India back in the 1960's, more than half of that trip in Bangalore, when the population of the country was half what it is now and Bangalore looked to be a small city, its largest buildings left from the British Raj, yet with a population of a million. It was an eye opener. Statues of Queen Victoria and Albert tucked away in a large city park behind some bushes, unharmed, as if the people weren't sure what to do with them, but felt it would be impolite to destroy them. This was less than 20 years after independence. I loved it. I don't blame KD for having a misconception about how it would be, and I admire his effort to promote the League. When it comes to the season? Beat Durant and his buddies until they cry for mercy, then go out for some curry, the kind India is famous for.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

KayDee (Katie?) doesn't come across as very well-spoken. So much for that UT education. :p

6. Nook

Nook Member

Nope, I have been to India several times.

It is a hole. I is over populated, lacks basic hygiene, severe poverty and inequality. I have nothing against Indians, they can't help that India is awful.

Glad you had a good experience 50 years ago. As you said the population has more than doubled.

I don't think KD said anything wrong.

#66 Nook, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Monkeys in the streets ain't nothing. Where DMo comes from there are wolves eating people in the woods.

8. Nook

Nook Member

9. hlcc

hlcc Member

Now Bangalore have some new tourist attractions. Rivers that form toxic & flammable foams that end up engulfing streets and lakes that catch on fire are annual events now.

'Happens Every Year,' Says Chief Minister Siddaramaiah As Bengaluru Lake Shoots Toxic Foam
    Bellandur and Varthur, Bengaluru's two largest lakes have been frothing, and sometimes breaking out in flames, for several years.
    http://www.ndtv.com/bangalore-news/...galurus-varthur-lake-sprays-motorists-1705128

10. BackdoorHarden

LOL

Dinner time

[​IMG]

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The image on the left resembles the Taj 50 years ago, except that the building was definitely whiter then. We were able to see it at night, and it seemed to glow by itself. I realize India is far different today, but I also think it is being painted with too broad a brush here.

don grahamleone, Sooty and Easy like this.
  12. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I never said he should be a scholar, but even a 5 year old can understand he directly contradicted himself...literally within 3 sentences. Maybe it sounded differently in his interview, but that was the first thing I noticed when reading through the transcript.

I'm also highly critical of pretty much anything he does that annoys me nowadays. He's proven to be whiny, two-faced, and annoying. Ever since he went to GS he's been pretty much insufferable with his "if you don't like the NBA don't watch it" type of word vomit.

I'm going to hate on someone when it's NBA fans like us that essentially pay that uneducated prick his salary. Dude is a joke and is mentally weak as they come.

That being said he is a consummate professional and I hope he retires a Rocket.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. OKC isn't the brightest place in the USA, but it's no more slum than other US cities, or the world for that matter.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

As an Indian some of the things you guys have posted are as obnoxious and ignorant as KD.

India is kind of a mess of a country but it's due to poverty and wealth disparity. It's not technologically behind, but access to technology is limited to metropolitan areas. As a whole, India is highly educated and even rural areas invest heavily into education. It's not a hellhole or in danger of being taken over by monkeys. I wouldn't live there over the US but it's a diverse, rapidly evolving country.

MoonBus, WFU Guy, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  15. BackdoorHarden

Monkeys got no shot at taking over India.

But they have already taken over where KD live:

[​IMG]

This is why KD lives in Oakland. He's afraid of what's on the other side of the bridge

R0ckets03 and bulkatron like this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And why don't people outside of metropolitan areas have technology? Monkeys stole the technology.

KD is wise to get out of Oklahoma, though. Tornado is no joke.

[​IMG]

bulkatron likes this.
  17. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

There's more pressing needs to fix basic necessities like clean water and what not than have technology on rural areas.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

How can he crap? HOW CAN HE CRAP?!!?!!

Jugdish and donkeypunch like this.
  19. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I'd rather go to India than go to Dubai again

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've only been there India once (for close to 3 weeks though) It's exactly what you said it is.

I compare it in my eyes to Cairo, Rio, and to Bejieng. They are all similar to me to different extents. Obviously though they are also extremely unique in their own ways.

In saying all that I live in Austin, Texas and see people begging for money every single day. It doesn't compare to the poor in India though.

Once in Cairo I literally saw a from a distance outside my hotel what I remember some type of ox defecating on a small child in the street. It can be at some level shocking to see something like that.

Durant In my opinion said nothing wrong. Although he could surely had a little more eloquence with his words. He may not be capable of that though, it does not mean there was malice though.

bulkatron, Deckard and fba34 like this.