1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KayDee Takes a Dump on India

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Aug 11, 2017.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Durant really should be getting more praise. He won a title, was Finals MVP, and now he's giving his time trying to teach basketball to an underdeveloped country.

The fact that he was able to do all of this without a spine is the type of thing they make movies about.

2. varughese.arun

I'm indian and I have no qualms w what KD said. As a matter of fact. I just bought his shoes yesterday.

I am glad KD went to india. I don't see anyone else from the NBA going there. The majority of Americans who've never been to india before will be SHOCKED when they finally get there. India has no facade, it's rough around the edges. Ppl are allowed to live freely as they choose. That means cows on the road.

KD was kind enough give his time to thousands of kids... IN INDIA!!! ON TIP OF THAT, he give an honest answer.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

But did he find any snakes on the street?

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dubai is Las Vegas on steroid. It's one gigantic facade.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Yeah, it's really awful when athletes are honest and speak their minds freely and unfiltered. Maybe he should have subtweeted India or posted an Instagram video of himself looking all emo while rapping to some lame ass rap song to describe his experience in India.

MoonBus likes this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This.

However, a great thing about Dubai is the restaurants. It's one of my favorite places on earth to eat.:)

Easy likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

The comparison is it's a guy coming into an environment that is incredibly foreign to him, not sure how that can fly by your head.

It's India with an entirely different race with entirely different customs. Having cows and monkeys might seem foreign to you and a sign of 3rd world poverty but it can be something entirely different to these people. Again not sure how you can't see how the different race and customs between Indians and Americans can play a part on his experience.

8. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

" I went with no expectation, no view on what it’s supposed to be like... India, I’m thinking I’m going to be around palaces and royalty and gold — basically thought I was going to Dubai."

Ummmm..... I guess coming from KD contradictory statements shouldn't be that surprising, but my lord that guy lacks intelligence.

lakersuck2 and Richie_Rich like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can go to a club and not realize it's a Black club esp. if you are a first time club goer.

If you go there and tell your friends afterwards then somebody listening might say you're being racist when you are just saying what you saw and experienced.

The same thing happened to Durant no where in his interview did he say anything bad or derogatory about India except when he said there were a lot of underprivileged kids which everyone knows is a fact as India has a very high poverty rate. He said monkeys and cows were on the street etc. and that's just what he saw somehow that's a taking a dump on India already.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

India is where Taj Mahal is located and the Aladdin of the Arabian Nights tales come from, that's probably why he had misconceptions about royalty and gold etc.
    Him not knowing about India doesn't mean he's dumb he just didn't care enough to google and wikipedia the area before he went there.

MoonBus and varughese.arun like this.
  11. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

You should re-read his quote again because your are completely missing my point.

HE LITERALLY SAYS HE CAME IN WITH NO EXPECTATIONS AND THEN SAYS RIGHT AFTER THAT HE EXPECTED PALACES AND ROYALTY AND GOLD, ETC.

I'm not chastising him for not knowing what it would be like, but please explain to me how that is not contradictory and how he doesn't sound like a complete idiot.

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

well he didn't mean literal probably, he just had an idea of what he was going to see but with no expectation of what it'll really be like. Plus it was during an interview, not like he sat down and wrote this. it's easier to break down what something says

anyways I didn't think his quote was bad. he was just being honest about it and he said despite everyone being poor it was dope people were wanting to learn basketball

MoonBus and Jayzers_100 like this.
  13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Welp, there goes the BATA shoe deal. Durant could have sold a lot of snakeskin chappals.

R0ckets03 and vj23k like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

What KD said about India is true. He didn't really say anything wrong. India is a HOLE. It is riddled with poverty and very poorly educated people with horrible sanitary practices and conditions. Quite frankly he was overly generous saying the culture is 20 years behind the rest of the world...

15. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

He sounds pretty ignorant and uneducated himself when he says stupid stuff like that. I couldn't care less what he said about India but if his grasp of the English language is so poor that he can't help but contradict himself then maybe he shouldn't be offering his opinion on other people's "knowledge."

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly..

Nook likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ok seriously man, KD isn't some scholar. Like most NBA, or pro sport athletes KD didn't have the best education growing up, he didn't have the best situation at home growing up. Yes what he said was wrong if you dissect it, but most people understand his point. "I aint never done this" is wrong as well but we hear it all the time from pro athletes. Not sure why you're surprised lol

#57 LosPollosHermanos, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Jayzers_100 and el gnomo like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

This.

India has dead people floating in their rivers. There is trash everywhere. There is nowhere in the United States or Western Europe remotely comparable. They can't even get people in India to use toilets when they are available.

19. BackdoorHarden

KD himself came from the hood. He said India reminds him of where he came from, the slums. What's wrong with being true to his upbringing?

This is why KD left OKC, to see other part of the world. This guys has known nothing but the slums of the USA and OKC till left left for Oakland this year.

"When his friend Drake invited him to Montreal for a show in May, Durant realized that for once there was no reason he couldn't go. He assumed Montreal was just like Toronto, where he'd been to play the Raptors. "But then I got there and everyone was speaking French," he laughs. "I was like, Man, I gotta get out more.""

For the first time in his life, he would venture out of his basketball bubble. "Basketball was out," he says. "So I thought, Let me go out and see this world I'm in."

20. hlcc

hlcc Member

I was under the impression that Aladdin is Chinese