1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is the _ best player in the NBA today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clown Baby, Aug 11, 2017.

?

Harden is the _ best player

1. 1st

79 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. 2nd

44 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. 3rd

98 vote(s)
    29.9%
  4. 4th

53 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. 5th

30 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. 6th

9 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. 7th

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  8. 8th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9th

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  10. 10th or Worse

12 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I still had them ranked higher than Harden

KD is just better than Harden, there's really no debating that

Curry was the 1st ever unanimous MVP and had 1 of the greatest offensive seasons in NBA history and was like a cheat code with his 3 point shooting...I hate having to give anyone on GS credit, but that's just facts

Harden put up numbers in 2015-16, but we were a .500 team that got slapped in the 1st round

2. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

Bron
    KD
    Khawi
    Beard
    Westbrook
    Curry

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Ehhh honestly i think there is a debate to be had for that one. Durant got exposed v memphis when he was the only star on that team after the westbrook injury.

Hes the best scorer in the nba but he cant pass or conduct in offense as well as harden.

Its debate worthy IMO

4. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

LeBron James
    Stephen Curry
    Kevin Durant
    Kawhi Leonard
    James Harden
    Chris Paul
    Anthony Davis
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Russell Westbrook
    Paul George

Russell Westbrook is a top-three stat monster, but I think he falls behind a lot of guys in terms of production in the effort to help a team win. Curry is less physically gifted than everyone behind him in that list, but he distorts the game too much--he's regularly a +/- monster, which is remarkable on such a stacked team that should be (and is) able to toss out great lineups without him. Durant and Leonard both pull ahead of Harden due to being major defensive assets on top of being tremendous offensive players. I think Paul is still an amazing player and I'm thrilled that we have him now.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

he averaged 28, 10, and 7 in that series against 1 of the best defenses in the NBA...exposed sounds a little harsh

he's more efficient, a better shooter, a better scorer, a lot better defensively, more consistent...I don't really see the debate

I think it's Lebron, a gap, KD, a gap, and then the rest

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Exposed is pretty harsh (I didn't remember that his #s were that good in that series) but he doesnt looked above harden level in the few times that hes been without another star to me

He is super efficient and a freak of nature but harden is also unbelievable when hes on his game too.

Harden can assist, draw fouls, and holistically orchestrate a team offense better. I mean harden had one of the best points produced per game totals ever. Its very reasonable to argue that harden last year had the best offensive season in nba history.

Harden can be super efficient when he has his groove going too. When he is drawing fouls, getting layups, and swishing 3s it is something amazing to watch.

Id choose harden but I have no problem whatsoever with people choosing durant. Its debate worthy.

Reeko likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

harden is easily top 5 all time. goat.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I remember KD balling like crazy during the 13-14 season when Russ was out. In 16 January games without Russ that year, he averaged 36 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists on 54% shooting from the field. That's just insane. He had a 30 PER that year. I feel like KD could average 30, 7, and 5 on 50% shooting to go along with good defense while leading a team to 50+ wins every year if he wanted to or had to.

Harden can have games that KD can't like that 53, 16, and 17 game against the Knicks, but he also has game 5 against GS and game 6 against SA on his resume unfortunately

The efficiency, defense, versatility, and consistency is why I can't see the case for Harden, but Harden is still amazing in his own right due to some of the stuff that u mentioned.

9. Daddy Long Legs

My biggest point is that the only big gap is between lebron and no 2

Harden durant curry kawhi are all in the same stratosphere. You can debate either of those 4 for no. 2

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's really not. Durant is superior to Harden. KD is a beta b**** but he is slightly better than Harden offensively and vastly better defensively.

they both have quit on their teams though. KD quit on OKC to go to GSW and Harden quit in Game 6

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Curry is much better than Durant

It's weird to me that Durant needed help and went to Curry's team, benefited from open looks and now people say Durant is better

They were a 70 win team without him, they'd be much worse if Curry left though

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I really can't understand why people put Curry above Harden. It kind of blows my mind. KD and LBJ are obviously better but Curry? Nah

beardsanity713, hajkov and AXG like this.
  13. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

It's pretty much the consensus that LBJ, KD, Curry, and Kawhi are all better than Harden. Curry and Kawhi are debatable, but usually Harden comes behind those guys. The real argument is between Harden, WB, and AD in the next tier. I would put Harden above those two guys just because I'm not a huge fan of WB's chucking and AD hasn't really proved his worth in a winning context yet.

So, personally Harden is the 5th best player right now. And as many others have pointed out, if it weren't for his glaring issues in the playoffs I would put him higher, but it is what it is.

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Lebron
    Durant
    Harden/leonard.

The biggest problem I have with harden is that you never know if he is invested in the game. Everybody has bad games but Some games he just doesn't seem to care. Luckely it is not that often.

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

My top 5 in order;

1. LeBron James
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. James Harden
    4. Russell Westbrook
    5. Steph Curry

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

And Westbrook's weakness are not?

I think Lebron and Durant and clearly better. There is an argument to be made for leonard.
    Curry is overrated. He is a great shooter. Playing with great teammates in a perfect system for him. But I do not think he can carry a team like harden has done many years.

Westbrook is athletically gifted. But he is an idiot. During last year playoffs he was the Main reason okc lost most games. His shooting bricks at the end of the games helpen us beat them. If you rank harden low er because of his play off games you cannot increases the ranking of westbrook.

cml750 likes this.
  17. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

Top 20 players according to reddit's /r/nba users (currently the biggest NBA related community online)

[​IMG]

pretty good list, except you just can't put AD above Harden and WB right now. Maybe potential wise yes, but he hasn't played a single season in a 50+ win team nor advanced beyond 1st round in the PO.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Lebron, Durant & Kahwi ahead of Harden.

19. rocketseagles07

This

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

How can Davis be ranked ahead of Harden? The top 2 spots are on lock with Bron and KD, and then most will have Curry and Kawhi ahead of Harden. AD is 7th at best behind Harden and Russ at 5 and 6.