1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev on the trade block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Durant sold his balls and mortgaged his pride for a ring.

He seems to be loving it on Twitter.

2. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

We need draft picks to unload Beverley's contract

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL What?

zigzag, Pen15clubber and Vivi like this.
  4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Can we please transplant Bev's heart into Harden before we think about this kind of trade? Bev's heart plus Harden's talent is an MVP to be.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Bev is like Dramond Green for this team.

hongxingli and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  6. threepointshot3

I'/m thinking Harden has already been talking to Paul to sell him on the Rocket and the no income tax here.

BigggReddd likes this.
  7. threepointshot3

Nice guy and all and all nba level defender but with Paul who might be interested you got to look to get a draft a 1st rounder or a front court beast to help out Clint. He aint getting any younger and with his physical approach his body will start breaking down in his early 30's

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Even if we don't bring anybody of Hayward/Paul/George capability (which we know Morey will strike out, typical "I was close, but yada yada yada") Beverley would be an excellent player to have at that kind of money. Geez, I really hope the Rockets follow through on that kind of extension if Beverley was willing to agree to it. Just crazy value contract, considering the ridiculous type of money being thrown out there. Sounds like you can give him $9M/yr and he'd take it.

9. threepointshot3

Chris Paul

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG]

11. basketballholic

By the way guys, these trade talks.......They were going on last summer, like I told you they were. We were willing to trade him then just like were willing to trade him now. Bev knew it then too.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dude you are exhausting. Why is everything some vague connection to you? ****ing weirdo

13. threepointshot3

?QUOTE="motleydeflep6, post: 11145093, member: 45350"]Interesting he mentions chris paul[/QUOTE]
    I'm telling you the Rockets and Harden must believe PAUL IS REALLY INTERESTED in them and he probably is. If my memory serves me right CP3 s close to signing with us in 2013 as well.Why would any sane elite PG not want to play under MDA's offense? Pauls numbers would be mind numbing in our offense with the likes of Gordon, Williams and Hardens as his shooters.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Bev is literally the energizer bunny of the rockets. Harden, Bev, EG, and possibly Capella should be untouchable.

15. mockster

mockster Member

Bev is great but if we land CP3, he's no slouch on defense either. Obviously the reason for unloading Bev I would assume is to add CP3 and another star like Goerge, Hayward, butler and god forbid Melo, Considering CP3 and Melo are good friends.

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We should always be willing to include a good player in a package for a great one.

Having said that: Patrick Beverley is my hero. He deserves to be the final piece of a championship team, and I'll root for him no matter what jersey he's wearing.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Subscribe to his newsletter "RickytheHolic" and find out.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Maybe.

But....If the Rockets are willing to gut their team for PG they are likely thinking they can convince him to stay. If not then it doesn't make sense to do it.

If they think they can convince him to stay, the Lakers have to realize that's a possibility as well.

Let's say it's the Cavs that get him. There is an even higher likliehood that he might stay especially if they can win a ring.

Things change in a year.

Unless the Lakers know for an absolute fact (which they couldn't) that PG was going to come to them as a FA in '18 then they take a risk by not approaching the Pacers with a competitive offer.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Geez. I hope this doesnt happen even IF we bring in all-star players.
    I get basketball is a ruthless business, but Pat is the heart and spark of this team.
    Don't do it Daryl!