1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Furious George] Melo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by burnshroom, Dec 22, 2016.

1. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

George Karl is a coward and a piece of ****. Many players have already confirmed this.

JayGoogle and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Melo is an abomination and the epitome overrated garbage on the basketball court. Comparing high assist multi-talented Harden to Melo is utter stupidity.

3. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

i never got the comparison of melo to harden, harden can a variety of the court.. carmelo cant

Cashmoney likes this.
  4. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Bunch of sensitive p*****s on here that's why.

red likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

GKarl has always been a peice of **** imo . . . .
    He coached his POS seattle teams to win using illegal tactics
    he never coached anyone UP . . . . .

I dunno him personally but the reports coming in from players is not promising

Once everyone in the league could run illegal defenses .. . his usefullness as a coach was over

Rocket River

macho GRANDE likes this.
  6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The whole "No Fathers" thing is used almost exclusively about black people and their struggles and no other race. (Mostly from white men being black culture sociologists.) It can be taken as a backhand swipe at black people saying "Why are they LIKE this?!', about them not having their sh** together (kinda like Karl insinuates).

At worst, its almost like some self praising "arent we the lucky ones" white "privilege", like the white kids at the lunch table are growing up stable with promise, while those black kids over there are falling by the wayside wasting away cuz of deadbeats and incompetent moms.

You just have to be careful how you use the tone, its attacking people's manhood too. Karl wasnt careful, he's a jackass about it.

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Of all the complaints or criticisms about Harden over the years, this was by far the stupidest. The only, literally the ONLY similarity between the two is the lack of effort on D sometimes, outside of that there is no comparison to be drawn.

Harden is the anti melo. He's led his team to the playoffs every single season despite a lack of compatible talent and has improved in some way every season. More efficient, more diverse, better leader. No comparison, and it never was. Last season was just an abomination for a variety of reasons.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Billups, Nene, Kenyon Martin, (good) Ty Lawson, JR Smith and Afflalo don't count?

With these me-type of players, it doesn't matter who they play with it will never be good enough. Even the NY team he's on right now is decent, Porzingis is playing like a franchise superstar on both offense and defense the moment Harden had a guy playing that well on his team (aka Gordon) the Rox get off to their best start since Hakeem retired.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

George Karl was a good coach but by all accounts a total prick.

The stuff he says about melo seems likely to be true though.

I also agree that the father figure stuff about Martin is a cheap shot. It is absolutely a white way to explain what's wrong with that poor ghetto black guy. Martin had the right response to it. If not having a father is his burden, what's George Karl's excuse for being a poor example of a man?

I hate the father excuse. I grew up in a fatherless home because of divorce and I turned out fine. Never has my lack of a father been used against me to explain my mistakes or immaturity. But then I'm white lol

Anyway, Karl is a prick but guys like jr smith, Kenyon Martin and melo should also consider that there is some truth in what he said about them. I can't comment on Martin, but melo and jr have both been dogged by commitment issues including selfishness on the court.

Patience, da_juice and pugsly8422 like this.
  10. Rocketeer4Life

I disagree that the only similarity Melo and Harden had before this season was D. They WERE both ballstoppers, love to hold the ball for long periods of time (just futile dribbling and doing too much ISO) and unwilling to commit to defense. These are the main reasons why people compared Harden to Melo BEFORE this season. He drastically improved these shortcomings this year.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This statement is as racist as whatever it is accusing. Just saying. Carry on.

I like how Americans see racism as exclusively about white against black and ignore every other kind of racism.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I get maybe it has nothing to do with it but George Karl has been a cancer survivor. Idk about anyone else but if I survived that hardship, I would probably have a different outlook on life and acknowledge my wrong doings. George Karl is a scum.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Also its not just "comments" he made. Saying this is one thing, he's SELLING these comments to make a profit. I guess they were right
    when the grass is cut....

14. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Even if Karl is speaking the truth on some of this stuff...it doesn't matter. Some things are better left unsaid, or at least phrased in a less incendiary way. Karl's reputation as a prick throughout his entire coaching career just makes this look even worse for him...I've gotten the impression that he was widely disliked by current and former NBA players.

This is one of those cases where just about everyone involved is a piece of ****. Karl, Melo, Martin...they're all POS. But in addition to that, Karl in particular is a scumbag. I suspect he deliberately put those comments in his book (and worded them in the way he did) because he knew that it would cause controversy and get coverage from ESPN, etc. Therefore drawing more attention (and potential sales) to his book. It's calculated bait and it's nothing new.

Carmelo was wise to just shrug off Karl's remarks and not make a big deal out of them.

15. Mr. Space City

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony took the high road in response to former NBA coach George Karl's criticism of him during their time together with the Denver Nuggets.

"I just hope that he finds happiness in what he's doing. His book, hopefully, will bring him happiness," Anthony said late Thursday night, adding that he isn't disappointed by Karl's remarks.

"I'm past being disappointed," he said.

Mostly, Anthony said he was pleased that former Nuggets teammates J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin defended him in the wake of Karl's assertions in his book, "Furious George," that Anthony is selfish, a "user" and played with a lack of commitment on defense.

"It's irrelevant to me. It's irrelevant at this point," he said. "The truth of the matter is, everybody else is kind of speaking up for me from their own experience. So I really don't have to speak on it."

Patience likes this.
  16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Carmelo sucks on D.

The truth is Karl could have gotten away with most of what he said, but the second he made it personal and brought up not having a father figure to teach them how to be men...now he looks like an *******.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Pretty much. Besides the fact he's one of the biggest known jerks the NBA coaching ranks has ever seen, Karl destroyed his cred by adding the condescending psychological analysis. His agent or whoever helped him put things together should have persuaded him to remove it.

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

George Karl is a three time cancer survivor. He beat prostate, Melo and A.I.

Kudos to George Karl.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

now THAT made me laugh. good one Dude

Pen15clubber and Tha_Dude like this.
  20. conquistador#11

George is getting very upset!

he should have closed it out with..she does taste like cheerios. hit em' style.