1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I disagree. We need the run game. This might be the worst o-line we've had in 5 years but we need it if we're going to win. Especially when you're this young. Working-in Murray is a good way to do it.

We're talented enough to beat anyone but we're also so young we're bound to lose. If our defensive line is getting demolished then yeah, go ahead and run it up and let Garrett loose, but I'm down with the commitment to running the ball. Especially with Chavis on board.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^Running the ball effectively is what drives the spread offense. Baylor is unstoppable because of Linwood, Jefferson and now Williams (beast freshmen).

People think it's about strictly airing it out. They're wrong.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The defensive line got demolished by Arkansas. The hogs were running at will.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Which is what I was referring to. Probably the best run game the Aggies will see in 2015.

5. bigtexxx

uhhhh LSU?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, Daylon gonna be a grown man by then. Fournette scared.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm not saying to abandon the run, but A&M dinks and dunks a lot. They have too many downfield playmakers that are underutilized. Also, passing sets up the run as much as vice versa. It's more nuanced than running less (A&M doesn't have RB depth anyways), but it's just the willingness to play long-scoring games with slow controlled drives due to the fear of going 3 and out and exhausting the defense. Arkansas couldn't run against Toledo and lost in large part due to Allen coming up short. Arkansas could run against Tech, but couldn't keep up with the scoring.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'll be pulling for the Aggies to win. But no, Fournette is not, and will not be scared.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ha, I know.

10. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I know for sure Auburn @ A&M tix prices must be a lot cheaper due to Auburn falling off.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anyone have a good stream for tonight's game vs Miss St?

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Auburn is going to get skull-fricked. It's going to be very saddening for me LOL.

13. TheresTheDagger

Solid win tonight. They are set up for a good run this year, the defense looked great, Allen is getting more and more comfortable, and really never were threated tonight.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

TAMU is a young team and young teams can lose to anyone.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kirk looks like Reggie Bush 2.0 in the open field.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Remember this cat from 2012, mysteriously disappearing? Hasn't/didn't get any better for him as he's gone off the rails.

Police: Former Texas A&M football player randomly hacks jogger to death in Dallas

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Johnson did look special. Wow.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What a piece of ****. I understand mental issues are not controllable, and he didn't choose to have them, but brutally murdering an innocent man for no good reason is beyond sickening.

19. bigtexxx

Murder?

Time for those #corevalues that Charlie Strong brings

20. Major

Major Member

Technically, this murder doesn't violate any core values. No guns, no harm to women, no drugs, no theft, and no lying.