1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Les Alexander and Mark Cuban switched teams, would the Rockets be better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 18, 2015.

?

Who would be a better owner for the Rockets?

1. Les Alexander

267 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Mark Cuban

209 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Equal

31 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

All these pro-Cuban people are watching the Mavs tonight wishing the Mavs were the Rockets. It's so damn lame. This is really an eye-opening thread.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les didn't do anything for the first championship.

basically if you baked the best pizza with tomatoes from your farm, and I buy it from you right out of the oven and I tell my friends that it's my pizza

that's what Les did

3. tinman

Supporting Member

yes it shows that people Les Alexander could sell your $5 french fries and you wouldn't question why he's selling you $5 french fries.

It shows that people like you love losing in the first round of the playoffs, cause it's okay with the owner

4. NotChandlerParsons

Yeah all he did was bet some money on this Hakeem Olajuwon guy.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

And he somehow made Hakeem leave to Toronto on his last year.
    Were you old enough to remember that?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is probably Charles M. Schulz

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Rudy T retired as a Laker.

That speaks volumes alone.

The last 3 coaches we had all made it to the NBA finals and were accomplished, all 3 of them left on bad notes. He is a bad owner plain and simple. No excuse for having the 3rd worst post season record in the league for nearly the last two decades. It makes a lot of sense with comments like not being hung up on winning even one playoff series. At that point you have to evaluate whether or not you should be a lottery team...because in that instance you'd at least get better. The sad part is that people actually buy into Le$.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You and your bunkmate Tinman have severe problems staying on topic, which is Mark Cuban vs. Les Alexander, the thread which your partner started.

I think the Rox are great and the Mavs are **** garbage. You think the Rockets would be better with Mark Cuban. Anything else?

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

What about the 2nd championship?!?!

[​IMG]

wow just wow. Nice job avoiding the 2nd championship.

Not sure what is more telling - that you are a jokeshop from dallas or that you won't acknowledge a 2nd championship?

What about dallas 2nd NBA championship under cuban? Oh wait...duh...

cuban broke up any semblance of a team for $ reasons. but we all know that. I mean I thought we did unless OP has stopped taking his meds again.

But do we remember that cuban INHERITED nowitzski? So let's be clear here les inherited olajuwon but cuban didn't inherit nowitzki? ok.

And oh yeah speaking of money cuban wouldnt pay nash. Who didn't win just one MVP but two:

[​IMG]

OP please stop posting. It is painful for us true rockets fans to see. As a side note I was a 99er and I signed up again just so I wouldnt have to be associated with you on any level. I'm not the 99er want but the 99er you had.

the sad part is you call yourself a rockets fan. The sad part is you have frosted tips. Move to Dallas and suck there please. Go root for a team that breaks up championships and trades away anyone worth a penny so they can go on and win mvps. twice.

Let's look past your shortcomings and address facts. So Les did nothing huh? Right let's review.

Off the top of my head les brought in and was the push for:

drexler (got us the 2nd championship that she-man wont acknowledge)
    pippen (well les tried)
    barkley
    glen rice
    franchise
    artest
    harden (gave morey the rights and push to actualize a plan. wow what an ownder)
    and now howard

These are just the ones I can think of. There are more and every year we are in the race for getting players. Compare that to other teams including the mavs. To say that les isn't doing anything to make it happen is a contradiction to fact.

So the guy pretty much every year is bringing in all stars yet he's not doing anything right?

This thread is a monumental joke. Telling about OP as a mavs dallas guy. I knew OP was a total cheeseball and now I know it's because of dallas connection. Thanks for clearing that up. Just a wow.

2 people like this.
  10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

So much ether there by IBTL. Great post and +rep.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

What ugly uniforms.

Why can't they wear the ones they won the title with?
    Oh cause les wanted to sell more jerseys and hired a cartoonist to draw it

1 person likes this.
  12. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

I've seen roslolian's tenuous, at best, grasp of how free agency works, so I'm not sure she is capable of anything called a "truth nuke". Frankly, I'm still not sure she fully grasps that 16 is a larger number than 2.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Les inherited Olajuwon at his prime and then let Olajuwon go to Toronto when his time was up

A Rockets fan here on the board broke the news, a ticked off Hakeem told him at Whole Foods, he's not coming back

Did Bird or Magic ever do that? Will Tim Duncan and Dirk ever end their careers elsewhere or Kobe? No

Either you guys are blinded by your hatred of Cuban's personality or you legitimately love Les Alexander.

You realize he says he doesn't care if he win in the playoffs or not right??

14. tinman

Supporting Member

I think if Les Alexander and Mark Cuban were on Celebrity Apprentice and the contest was to improve a local middle school basketball team, Les Alexander would fail and get fired and Cuban would easily win.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

These people don't know Rudy T, these sirbatus and blur7 are only obsessed with the Yao/Tmac era and that the Mavs beat us.

Les is cheap. He lowballed Rick Adelman so he won't return.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10710924&src=desktop

NBA front-office rankings: Owners

RANKTEAMRATING

San Antonio Spurs
    Spurs Sports & Entertainment, Peter Holt9.16

Dallas Mavericks*
    Dallas Basketball Limited, Mark Cuban8.48

Miami Heat*
    Miami Heat Limited Partnership, Micky Arison8.43

Boston Celtics*
    Boston Basketball Partners LLC, Wyc Grousbeck7.75

Houston Rockets*
    Rocket Ball, Ltd., Leslie Alexander7.41

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Don't get it twisted homie I actually agree with you on Tracy's lack of heart. I hated when Adelman left and by no means think that Les is without faults. Fact is there's only one professional team owner who got Houston championships and that's Les. 2>1 it's simple really

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Theres a list of the owners who are ranked above les Alexander.
    You still make it a mavs vs rockets thing, it's not.

You think any of those dudes would do better than les ? Espn thinks so.

it's a job like a point guard, you think rondo is better than pablo?

So why can't you think of the owner in the same comparison?

I'll tell you why, you are completely blinded by personality to make rational comparison.

Oh the poll percents haven't changed. Les would get ripped on an unbiased site

19. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think many of you are misinterpreting the question. Would the team be better if we switched owners is what I think the OP is asking, not owners and front office. So, would the Rockets be better with Cuban backing Morey and Co.’s moves and dealings…? Yes, yes the team would be better. For those saying that he overpaid for Parson and such, with Morey as Cuban’s GM he would have told him, "The teams that find the Chandler Parsons, not the ones that pay them the max, are the ones that succeed long term."

I hate Cuban and I hate the fact that he is a bully but Cuban is seems more aggressive, more willing to spend (IIRC he paid for the entire city championship party), more willing to call out the refs/NBA office, more in tune with NBA players and making his team a free agent destination. IMHO if he walked into the Toyota Center today as the owner, we would never hear anything negative from Barkely again.

Read this Yahoo! article and then imagine the two personalities of Morey and Cuban on same team running the Rockets together… http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rocket...-at-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-082844311.html

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude, the whole Mavs organization has been hired by Cuban. You want to know what it would be like with Cuban as owner of the Rockets? It would be like the Mavs.