1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Increasing Urbanization of the Toyota Center Entertainment Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aceshigh7, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

this was a really brilliant troll topic

2. Classic

Classic Member

urbanization

lol

I hadn't even noticed; too busy supporting the bartenders during the entertainment segments

3. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Perhaps the old white man that began this thread would feel more comfortable at a skeeters, astros game? Perhaps a game of polo at the river oaks country club? No need to worry about salacious dancers "shaking their asses" to "urban" music!

As a BLACK rockets season tix holder i actually feel the music actually needs more urbanization. They play for too much country and pop music for my tastes.

Hopefully season ticket holders with archaic mentalities like the thread starter will go away and make room for the young, more open-minded sports fans that fill this city.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Having been a season package holder for several years, I haven't noticed this. The only time I noticed when they tried that DJ from 97.9 the box.

You want crappy alternative music like 3 doors down or Creed at basketball games? No, it doesn't work.

Rock music is for football or baseball.

5. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

That's funny because I rather listen to hard rock when at the Texans games too, it gets me going. **damn have I been programmed? Lol**

7. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

lol it's "archaic" to not like hip hop and raunchy dancing

ok

8. mulletman

mulletman Member

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Rox23

Rox23 Member

This is what is commonly known as alienating your audience. You have to be smart, and relevant. Yes it is true that the overwhelming number of NBA fans OUTSIDE the NBA arenas would enjoy that kind of dancing and music...however it is also true that the overwhelming number of fans INSIDE those NBA coliseums would probably want to see and listen to something else. Like all of you, I watch NBA games all the time, and often it seems like at least 95% of the audience are people who probably would not enjoy that kind of dancing and music. The hardest-line fans, i.e. the fans whom the owners should probably go out of their way to please the most--are the season ticket holders, most of whom are old, and who probably would rather listen to some smooth jazz, or classic rock, and have the power dancers act more like sexy women then tough men. That's old school for ya.

11. chongx04

chongx04 Member

So we need more scrappy music with lots of intangibles?

The arena should play whatever music the players want played. If playing music that Harden is normally jamming in his pre-game rountine might make him get a little more hyped/play better, do it. (Or ya know, play cotton-eye joe after a big 3 pointer, that works too, I guess.)

Baseball players pick their "entrance" music, why can't basketball players pick the music played in the arena?

#34 Member

This reeks of entitlement and superiority complex.

FWIW I'm a supporter of the Earth rotating on it's axis

1 person likes this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Look, I'm a middle aged white male and I recognize that I am racially in the minority when it comes to Rockets games. By and large Rockets crowds are not, uh, me. Doesn't bother me. Just wish more white people would give a **** about the Rockets but look at the sports at 10:00. 20 seconds of Rockets, 4 minutes of football.

If the dance routines are more and more hip hop, then yes, entertainment is probably arranged by "urban" people. But they have a large portion of the crowd.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

press play all you haters. RPD's are funky fre$h!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X0s2vc3ATlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#175 ron413, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm so glad we're not blaring Rock music in the arena anymore.
    This is a basketball team, not a football team.

Also OP needs to realize this isn't a race issue, this is an age issue. You don't like rap and hip hop culture because you are old, not necessarily because you are white.

18. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

That just isn't remotely true. It is certainly much more widespread than just the "urban" population the OP refers to, but it certainly is not the "music of choice" for most folks 40 and under. Not even close.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

The sheriff is near!

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

When the players are playing, I bet they don't even notice the music.

Are we talking about music during timeouts or during the game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.