1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's critical turnover in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Apr 27, 2014.

1. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Because we are losing games and what McHale is trying to do is NOT working.

It's not that hard to run pick and rolls or post up and pass out when double/triple teams come. Run a few backdoor plays. Howard will demand attention inside then swing the ball around to the open guy. We've been doing that since the 90's and a similar evolved form of that with Yao.

It's gotta be better than: give harden the ball and let him dribble out the clock and throw up a wild shot (or try to flop) with7 seconds left on the clock and 2 other Rockets open.

Lin f***d up bad and it was costly but the game shouldn't have even been that close to begin with.
    That is on Harden and McHale.

2. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

the problem with sitting him the rest of series is this .. say we extend it and take it. the team is gonna need LIN at some point in time rest of the playoffs. do t think Canaan has enough experience to play 30 min a game

4. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I don't know why people keep saying this...

Having Lin on the court is actually a negative. He doesn't do anything positive to help win games. Mo Williams and Wesley Matthews must salivate when he checks in. Hell, even when I played against certain individuals in real games I knew it was over. It's like Mike Tyson staring down McNeeley you already know who won. It's the same thing here, he lost his confidence and there's nothing he can do to get out of it. His shot is like trying to throw a dart for a bullseye it doesn't even look good coming out of his hands. I would like to know his +/- stats during these playoffs while he's on the court.

As far as continuing on in the playoffs. Troy Daniels is shooting what like 90% at 3s? He needs to take all of Lin's minutes. He actually looks very active/quick on defense and it appears he can shoot 90%+ free throws that would give multiple options when inbounding the ball for a foul.

5. benchmoochie

I was waiting for the biggest LIN only hater to post. I agree LIN is playing like a scrub and basically f it up for us. but if you're gonna just bench him. you may as well just cut him off the team or deactivate him. you go with Daniels and harden and say bev small? you can't go small ball the rest of the playoffs. you're gonna need another pg. j don't think Canaan had enough playing time in the seAson to play 20 min a game in the playoffs

6. benchmoochie

also Troy Daniels is doing that based on talent. we don't even run any plays for him. what makes you think we will make adjustments to run plays for him. why do t you make a comment about harden taking some off a balance there in OT when we had dead eye shooter Daniels on the floor?

7. benchmoochie

I'm waiting for your ente TheACE , LOH

8. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Daniels is a SG. We need a backup PG. Lin is the only option.

9. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

:eek::eek::eek:

10. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I bet Les is regretting this now?

[​IMG]

11. shadowmantis

shadowmantis Member

This forum is filled with 15 year olds who can't keep their hormones in check. Do you remember someone losing the ball in the closing seconds of the previous game? Everyone makes mistakes. Man up and spread positive energy, that's our job as the damn fans. That's what we're supposed to do.

This is the Houston Rockets. If you're a fan, you don't badmouth any of them on a public forum. I can hear people laughing all the way in Portland, reading this crap.

This team has the worst community I've ever seen.

12. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Fyi, it should be "than" not "then"

example just for fun:

[​IMG]

13. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Another example.
    [​IMG]

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I tried to sleep but my seething hatred of Jeremy Lin keeps waking me up.

Same scenario two games in a row. We get the ball,in the closing seconds off a Portland miss. Ball ends up in Jeremy's hands and he ****s it up both times. We are talking McGee levels of basketball IQ here.

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I have no reason to make stuff up. If you go back on some of his posts, you can find posts where he's taken my personal photo's and posted them here, because i don't agree with his post. He says he's only googled my instagram, but clearly he's been way deeper, the pic he posted isn't on my instagram. And if it is, it's from over a year ago worth of pics he would have had to scroll through. After that i started getting strange tweets about me not liking jeremy lin from someone who randomly made a twitter account, calling me racial slurs. He would randomly bash me in threads referring to tweets that i posted on my twitter. Then on my tumblr page around the same time started getting random jeremy lin hate.. Tracked the IP and who did it match with? Good ol El Gnomo.

He'll try to play it off like he doesn't personally stalk members here, but he does in a very creepy way (at least with me). Hence I have no idea who this guy is, yet he follows me and calls me by my full name. Doesn't really bother me, just extremely creepy, thought i would put that out there.

16. Stats

Stats Member

I agree. I think Lin needs to be benched for game 5 and traded in the off season.

His minutes should be replaced by Daniels, Canaan, and D-mo.

17. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Lin essentially contributrd nothing to G4

J.LIn : 21.21 min, 5 TOT, 4 AST, 4 PTS
    P.Bev :36.56min, 1 TOT, 1 AST, 6 PTS

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

[​IMG]

Haven't heard about space jam 2?

19. Franchize

Franchize Member

Welcome to the world of sports.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I initially thought your McGee comparison was harsh but it's actually spot on. McGee has the worst BBall IQ I've ever seen but Lin is certainly a close 2nd. Just brain dead on the court.