1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. PositivityDome

I think the real problem regarding the unreadibility of this board in regards to Lin is that the most vocal posters here are not actually "hardcore," Rockets fans. At best, the vocal posters can be moderate Rockets fan who have migrated to this site because one of their favorite players is here. At worst, the vocal posters are here simply to cause fights, troll and participate in arguments.

Whenever I see a heated Lin debate going on, I firmly believe there's at least an 80% chance both sides belong to the worst category of (trolling/hating) posters here who have obvious agendas. They are not true hardcore Rockets fans, and this fact is solidified by the fact that if the most vocal posters at this site were truly hardcore Rockets fans, then a board about THE HOUSTON ROCKETS would actually be fun to read. Simple concept, no? But the current state of the board is not at this point. The multiple factions of posters with agendas on this site clump up, fight each other under the guise of "what's best for the Houston Rockets," when in reality, their bias renders them unable to truly debate for the good team, because they are driven by their individual bias. Ironically, each opposing faction sees the bias in the other and calls them out on it, while never admitting they are biased themselves. All in all, the real losers are the loyal Rockets fans who have grown up with this team, and that's the only group getting stiffed here. Not individual fans of Jeremy Lin or Howard or Harden or whomever.

In closing, this forum was awesome to read when TMac + Yao were here. There was the Chinese international flavor here and the majority of fans were crazy (but passionate) about the team. There were posters who were well immersed in bball knowledge, lots of newbies and some casual fans, but generally the atmosphere was one of a true fan base. Lots of stupid arguments, but you could tell different factions only argued for the good of the team. Now this board is just stupid arguments for individual purposes of one upping the other opposing faction. Sometimes I don't even think of this truly as a "Houston Rockets," forum any more. Godspeed to the day Jeremy Lin leaves the Rockets for all the parties involved.

PS: Favorite time era in Clutchfans history was the repeated bashing of Rafer Alston's teardrop which never went down but was attempted 5-6 times a game.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Good post and I agree. I guess the most recent example that comes to mind is like in the Suns game. When Lin had a turnover, there were multiple posters (in the heat of the game) said things like "Lin smh," "Lin sucks," "Wtf was that Lin," "Lin belongs in the D-league," but when Bev had a couple silly turnovers in the same game, a lot of those same posters didn't comment, and if they did they said things like "Geez so many turnovers," "Turnovers killing us right now," or "we gotta take care of the ball more."

Don't get me wrong. This happens the other way around too, but usually the Bev critiques aren't even close to the magnitude of Lin's. But I guess Lin is just a more polarizing player.

1 person likes this.
  3. archinkent

archinkent Member

I actually tried :grin:. Yeah it's gone along with my reply. Good job. :)

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I said Clutch officially used LOF term. Clutch never used YOF label. You can label me whatever you want to, but what I said was a fact. Who's playing stupid here?

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't forget Ariza.

Dude was public enemy number one around here since he was supposed to be part of our core or whatever with the contract he got.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean the Yao only fans who's leader was pryuen?

The Lin fans don't have a leader , they all post the same stuff, nothing to distinguish any one of them having a unique personality much less leadership skills.

They might be worthless members.

Pryuen would at least translate articles and give us updates on Yao's hair cuts
    Pryuen respected clutch

7. archinkent

archinkent Member

Did TOFs have a leader? ;)

8. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Man, why didn't the Raymond Felton arrest for illegal gun charges occur before the trade deadline? ......... :mad:

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. There was a dude named RTM

He said it stood for remember Tracy mcgrady

He Hated lebron before lebron won the titles and thought. When other players accomplished something he thought that Tracy could have done better in a hypothetical universe.

What happened to him?

He didn't last past the first round of being a regular clutchfan ;)

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

But the question is, would they have become stars if only fans didn't lash out at them, and organization gave them more love? I mean, maybe Adelman didn't use Ariza "correctly" and that he would've become Kobe if he only had a more supportive coach. Maybe Rafer would've turned into CP3, but JVG kept asking him to stand behind the 3pt line while giving the ball to T-Mac and Yao.

How do you expect these players to grow and become stars when their own coaches won't even treat them like stars? T-Mac was only a star because JVG let him put up 20 shots a night. Yao was only a star because JVG would force feed him the ball in the post. But Rafer? Do you see the Rockets run plays for him? Did they run plays for Luther Head? No. Double standard? Preferential treatment? I believe so.

I am a member of the Rafer-only-fanclub. If only the Rockets knew the star they had on hand, instead of treating him like a role player.

1 person likes this.
  11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The order of players who have sucked for the Rockets in recent times that I have disliked the most goes:

1) Rafer
    2) Lin
    3) Ariza
    4) Head
    5) Brad Miller

Most posters constantly pointed out their mistakes. And Rightfully so.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Brad Miller is 5th????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude should be 1-5 on his own.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Luckily we didn't give Brad Miller a $24 million+ contract like we did Lin and Ariza.

And he was well past his prime so his sucking was at least somewhat expected.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Fact of the matter is lin has baggage. From his fans to his play to his contract, he will get hammered that much harder. The sooner you get that the sooner you understand whats going on..
    Ill tip to the jar the day hes gone.
    Too much baggage.

15. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

You don't mean Luther Head at #4 do you? Those teams had a lot bigger problems than him.

16. N/A

N/A Member

He's also playing out of position, still hasn't played that much in the NBA if you look at his minutes and his contract isn't his fault. Agreed that he and the team would be better without each other.

17. haydenfisher342

Jeremy has fallen off sadly, what he needs is 1 game where he is the man, he takes the most shots, he shoots all the last second shots, and his team is looking to him to score. Then he Willl be back

1 person likes this.
  18. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Not going to happen all the way til he gets cut, maybe not even if he gets cut im afraid.

19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I loved reading all the talk about lin should get bought out by he rockets recently, not going to happen, lin isn't worth his contract on this current team when you take into what we need out of a backup 3rd guard but this transition in title contender has come quicker than what morey expected + the emergence if pat bev.

I really like lin, I understand why morey tried to trade him at the deadline and why he didn't sell him for cents to the dollar it's a business and any smart business man thinks long term.

So is jeremny lin a joke? Nope, is his fans and haters a joke? Nope, both sides are annoying to me but I truly don't care in the end as long as we win.

Bring on the clips tommorow and more importantly the playoffs, I think we are going to surprise a lot of clutch cities expectations this year.

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I expect Lin to break out of his slump and re-establish himself as one of the 6th man of the year candidates and help us close out the season strong and be a solid contributor come post-season.

For as long as he wears Rockets red, i will support him through thick and thin.

1 person likes this.