1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/27/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2013.

1. santamaria14

santamaria14 Member

I don't think you can ignore that Patrick Beverley was a +9 and so was Aaron Brooks, both in limited minutes (Beverley because of tacky foul trouble, a few which were the doings of Joey Crawford, and Brooks because Kevin McHale hasn't given him the minutes to shake the rust off) while Jeremy Lin was an awful -23 in 18 minutes. I realize Jeremy is hurt and the Thunder are more prepared for him than Beverley and Brooks, but Lin is not the player anyone thinks he is. He relies on a quick burst to the basket as his only scoring move, he is not a good passer or fast break runner, and plays matador defense. When I see Lin on advertisements I cringe, I realize he sells tickets and will get paid $15 million in 2014-15 but he is not a starting point guard for an aspiring playoff team. Something needs to change about Jeremy Lin, or he will find himself the most overpaid bench player in the league.

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Went to the game. Got depressed and drunk at pub fiction afterwards. Met and hung out with power dancers Alysse Paige and Rachel. Ended up being a pretty good night. I'd trade ten hanging out with RPDs though for a Rockets playoff win :(

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

After watching Lin in this game, he should not have played with his injury. Bad coaching decision and Lin deserves some blame for not notifying management he wasn't good to go.

4. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Beverley and Brooks have not shown they are capable of playing starting PG for the rockets yet, whereas Lin has.

Too bad you don't think Lin is a starting point guard because I think he's likely to be the starting PG on your team for the next couple of years.

Y r we still talking about Lin anyways. The PG position is solid. Coaching and PF and a host of other issues are way more serious.

5. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

This is fascinating. Could you elaborate please. How do think McHale is the next Popovich? I'm curious to know.

6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

:eek::rolleyes:

Quit hating.

7. kastuul

kastuul Member

Lin was fine in the first few minutes and then.....

If he had practices, he would be more sure whether he could play.

8. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

heheh :grin:well i dont really know that...he could be...he could be even more than pop... this was more of a parody or counterexample to his thinking that hes not next pop... just because he perhaps made some blatant mistakes...everybody makes huge mistakes all the time...even the best ones....hell lebron missed open layup with nobody on him when playing dallas in the finals... why not coaches could do the same thing....:grin:

9. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Someone in this thread was requesting for this.

from Jerewy How:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4c0QZ-knYeQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

You're right. I think coaches develop their skills just like players develop theirs. This is McHale's first playoffs as a coach so he's still learning. Although when he was asked about that at the beginning of the series, he said he'd been through numerous times as a player and its no different. I think there is a difference and that was an arrogant answer which is one of my gripes with McHale.

11. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Agreed, so mad we lost two close games.

12. hahachui

hahachui Member

Despite the missing ft and turnoverssss at the end....I still love the team! They never give up

13. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Deja Vu. I was rooting for Harden last season and he got scared when he played the Heat in the final.

14. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I fully expect the refs will let us win BIG in the next game after the BAD officiating in this game.:mad:

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I desperately hope we get these guys again when we have a 2nd star!

Could be a really fun rivalry!

16. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

So Lin and Harden can go together to CP3 backcourt training camp this off season.:grin:

17. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Agreed. Some teams always win close games not because of luck but because of better coaching.

18. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

KEVIN DURANT, had that lucky bounce at the end( that's what lost us the game)

we start the blame game quick in here

Mistakes are a part of any sport( as a young team, we need to cut down on them)

But KD's shot was what lost us that game( crucial).

I like that we are not getting blown out.... And picking up some good playoff experience

19. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

I think they should hand out red t-shirts instead of white, that's more red rowdie and it would've look so much cooler and feels more Rockets!

20. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

A petty and hateful person wants to be in the Red Rowdies?