1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/27/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2013.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Every other game was a tough game where the refs swallowed their whistles. Tonight they decide to call every touch foul for the thunder and they successfully pulled their second favorite team to victory.

That no-call on Harden's drive where Ibaka raped him was the worst no-call I've ever seen.

2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Yes, he tried to call a 20 before it was inbounded to Harden. Then told Harden to run up past half-court and call the 20, but instead Harden committed that bonehead turnover.

No blame gets put on Harden for that, for some reason. If that was anyone else, they'd be getting ripped to shreds. The coaches bit their lips, I was seeking their reaction-- pretended like it didn't happen. We can't be pushovers to our own stars. Harden needed to be reprimanded for that.

1 person likes this.
  3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

1st order of the offseason agenda, get an reliable post scorer. We get nothing and I mean nothing in there. If we had a scorer in there, we would be killing the Thunder.

4. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Correction...2pt lead.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is DMo's strength but McHale plays him at he 3pt line.

DD

6. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

then we agree on smthg :) well i put that ignorant fool on the ignore list..problem solved :p

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He is nowhere near ready. He is still a year or two away from that.Plus he does miss a lot of easy shots around the basket.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry, but DMo would have gotten raped out there today. He has shown absolutely nothing to deserve PT in the playoffs.

9. rocketsmetalspd

This team will once again be different at the start of another season. This is getting old.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

What the hell is Parsons wearing? Is he mocking Westbrook?

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

If anybody can win 4 games in a row against the Thunder...it's the Rockets. It's not over till it's over.:cool: Relax we got this! Aaron Brooks, Garcia, Terrence Jones need more playing time. All the mistakes we made this game can be easily corrected.

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CcCw1ggftuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

I'm seriously going to be pissed if we get swept by a Thunder team missing Westbrook.

14. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Exactly...on the money Hilarious. Someone share with me what a threatening defensive presence he is. Tell me about all the rejected shots, about how if the ball is close to him on a rebound, it's his. The argument that he gets rebounds is somewhat true...if the ball comes off and he's 7'2" he gets a lot. BUT, look at 50/50 balls (contested)...pick a game, any game. For every one he might get, he gives up 5. Take Bev's heart and put it in this Herman Munster and you might have something.

15. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

people have to stop coming up with these stupid excuses for Harden. 30 points? big whoop, how many in the 4th?? 6 points and 1 freaking basket!! Serge Ibaka had 6 points in the 4th and made big/tough shots.

I can live with turnovers if he gets called for a charge on them 50/50 calls. But he threw a no look pass for no reason and because he wasnt looking it went of bounds. Then that pass that got picked off by Fisher was headed out of bounds as well.

I'd rather him score 24 points and tighten up on D.

16. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Agreed. That was probably the most crucial mistake at the end. Apart from that Garcia played well.

This team needs practice end game scenarios off-season and fix this. I'm sick of watching Rocket's choke.

17. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

at least we learn from this game garcia is a keeper.

18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Here's how we do it:

Game 4: Win in a blowout at home
    Game 5: Win in a close game in OKC
    Game 6: Win in a blowout at home

Then it becomes a series

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Taking the number 2 team in the league to two close games is an awesome achievement to me. This team isn't built to win today, and it appears a lot of you have forgotten that. Look at OKC three years ago as a reference. Harden is immature, Bev needs time too. In time, this team will be epic. I loved this game and I am proud to be a Rockets fan. Thanks guys for an amazing year.

2 people like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

McHale:

Battle back and put ourselves in position to win. Durant hits a hell of a shot. Couple turnovers late that were tough. Guys fought back from 26 and took a lead. Some good stuff again. Started off that game and they were coming downhill on us.

We actually did what we said we were going to do. Early in the game, no pressure, no help. He was driving past everyone. We did what we were supposed to do with aggression. We didn't do what we were trying to do early.

Francisco played well. We got shots we wanted. It seemed like to start the game, we had a good flow, then it was whistles. They started snowballing on us. We lost our composure for awhile. Had chances almost the entire 4th Q. Durant, huge shot, Ibaka, flick shot was huge too.

I was screaming not to foul. Guys got caught up in the game and fouled.

You're gonna have some turnovers. We had some unforced ones. 11 turnovers is a good game but we had a couple late. Those hurt us. At that point, you need good shots. When we move the ball side to side, we got the shots we wanted.

We had leads in both 4 quarters. We got another one on Monday, gotta find a way to win that game. Overall, the 2nd half, we played the way we wanted. There's definitely a series of battle back the last 2 games but we gotta win games. That's what you're out there for.

They're a different team without Russell but give them credit. 6-8 from 3 to start the game. We had a good start, then a lot of whistles and couldn't catch our flow. Without Russ, they're different but did a much better job on the boards.

James:

We kept fighting, kept getting down to 3, 1, 5, then Francisco hit a big three. We didn't want to give up any threes. He made a lucky shot. It went in. Took the energy out of us. Big time shot.

Trying to find my shooters. Terrible basketball play, late in the clock. I don't know what else to say.

Chandler:

Francisco did a great job in the 2nd half. We zeroed in on him in the 2nd half. We did better in the 2nd half. Tough to come back from 26 points. We fought hard and 2nd game in a row we thought we should have won.

We gotta find a way to win these games. Frustrating. We feel we should be up 2-1 right now. We can't dig those deep holes.

We're never gonna give up until we lose/win 4 games. They still have to beat us one more time. We're frustrated and heartbroken but be ready Monday night. Series isn't over yet.

James:

They're still a good team, still have one of the best players in basketball, one of the best shot blockers in basketball. They're here for a reason. We can't dig a 26 point deficit and expect to come back.

No energy coming out. Sluggish. Wasn't moving the ball or our bodies. Too many easy layups and shots.

Francisco came in with a lot of energy. We have to have that energy from the start to the end. With or without Russ, they have a lot of good scorers.

Got hit early in the game. Ice and treatment and I'll be alright.