1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2012 NBA Draft Thread (6/28/2012)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 28, 2012.

1. NickKent

NickKent Member

If we can't trade Martin, should we amnesty him?

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They got Kevin Durant after 2 losing campaigns, this roster doesn't even have a player with all star potential.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Because we didn't tank yet...they had the #2 pick. We basically had no losing campaign(this season maybe). They had two hardcore tanking seasons.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Only if you bought into all of that DHoward nonsense which had everyone on this board jizzing in their pants. I do believe that Morey tried to move up to the 5th pick which was the price of admission to even talk to Orlando but Sac wouldn't deal. When that fell through, he had to go ahead and draft his board. Watching that draft last night, I came away with the feeling that if sort of got away from him - especially when Portland grabbed Myers Leonard at 11. But (listening to Matt Thomas on 790) they simply possibly cannot go into the season with this roster so Morey has got a lot of work to do.

I really like the White & Lamb picks and hope that Morey doesn't deal them away for someone like Artest or Gasol. Those two are type of young players I've wanted to see them get for some time now. Also, I'm beginning to buy into Carl Herrera's point on Omar Asik. They get him along with Camby at backup & Montejunas playing the 4/5 and this team looks a whole lot different than the past 3 lotto teams. Normally, I am extremely skeptical about the Rockets front office but this just feels different to me. I can see the gist of a true rebuilding effort underway and it's been a long time coming.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

They won't... that $12 million expiring contract is an "asset" they can use in a trade.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Lewis and Allen both missed significant time, so it wasn't necessarily tanking. They also realized it was over and they traded ray Allen for a lottery pick and let Lewis walk. The rockets shoulda been blown up long ago

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I know we should've tanked, just sayin you can't say we have to be faster, Seattle gettin Durant, Harden, Westbrook was luck and not the usual way.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

what about undrafted free agents? Would love to get Machado and Sims into camp.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Report on Twitter this AM that Machado is talking with Rockets among other teams about summer league.

1 person likes this.
  10. Third eye

Third eye Member

No b. you can only do t on e during the CBA

11. Third eye

Third eye Member

Sorry n rain typing on phone. You can only do it on once*^

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Just imo...the most bustable players from this draft are Drummond, MKG, Waiters...

Waiters stats imo just appear a bit more bloated(more points against 2nd team players in college)..and his agent did a marvelous job about creating mystery with this kid...so kudos to the agent...

Drummond..oh god...he wasnt even coordinated while speaking on a camera...

MKG... well every time Jordan makes a decent pick...he usually follows the next year with a dud..last year was kemba...MKG was this year...:)

I really think Davis, Robinson, Beal are going to have a great careers...

My player to watch out for is Teague and Perry Jones 3

The most upside...is our own Royce White, Harkless...

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

14. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

anyone with espn insider?
    has anyone posted the draft grades posted by ESPN?
    thanks

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Just ran into Jeremy Lamb in the hall. First thing you immediately notice: He is going to have to put on some weight.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/218779265183924224" data-datetime="2012-06-29T18:53:36+00:00">June 29, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It's better to save the amnesty for Scola unless we have a chance to sign 2 star players this off-season.

That's why everyone compares him to Kevin Martin.

17. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Morey isn't building a team. He's just stockpiling assets.

1 person likes this.
  18. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Will the Rockets news conference being stream live on rockets.com or I have to wait until it is over to watch?

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The newest Rockets with Coach McHale and Daryl Morey.

[​IMG]

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

no one looks happy