1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith Jr. is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jabari's shooting % by distance

0-3' 68%
    3-10' 56%
    10-16' 51%
    16'-3P 42%
    3P 39%

His worst distance is long 2s. But only 7% of his shots are from that distance. His shot selection has been very good so far.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

I am very impressed with Jabari Smith. Initially wanted Paolo as I thought Magic were going to take Jabari. Then I started to like him and thought he would be Kevin Garnett 2.0.

Then the first year arrived. Horrible all around performances defensively and offensively. Coaching didn’t help. Surrounded by non PG play and coach not trusting sengun didn’t help him getting good shots.

with proper coaching and him getting off summer workout, I can see the comparisons now.

KG: year 2 as 20 year old, average 17 pts on 14 shots. Currently Jabari averaging 14 on 10 attempts. Efg% is much better than KG. 3pt is obviously better than KG and this was to be expected with his shot mechanism. Rebounds are similar.

How KG became a superstar was with his assist and blocks. He was athletic and was able to hold his own at age 20 due to athleticism. Can JS average 1.5 blocks and 4-5 assists? If he is able to anchor middle and able to see court a little better like KG or Draymond then I’ll declare him superstar. Time will tell.

He is already playing close to all star level now and I am happy for Houston Rockets as him and Sengun are truly our franchise players.

zeeshan2 and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Alpi and Bari (and Tari!) complement each other so well.

I hope all three will be teammates for a very long time.

cmoak1982, Richie_Rich, vince and 6 others like this.
  5. Arnel

Arnel Member

Jabari is a better shooter than KG of course. But KG was a different beast attentively and size wise (bigger, longer, more athletic).

Jabari has a nice future though.

rfrocket, vince and ElPigto like this.
  6. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

I hope sengun will leave rockets and team up with luka or join nuggets. I will never forget what this organisation did to sengun in his 2 season. Stone and the stupid owner could everytime change his situation but they didnt.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm a Rockets fan, so I do not want our best player to leave.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I admit that after KPJ, I see it similarly.....but keep Sengün around.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Nah man, love Sengun but if I have to choose between him and the Rockets I will pick the Rockets. I am hoping we see Sengun in Rockets red for many years.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This man is not a Rockets fan. I can understand how diehard Rockets fans can get annoy with this kind of "only player" fan.

**** off. Who gives a **** about the past, hope Sengun stays a Rockets for many years to come.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also what did the Rockets do that was so bad?

They drafted him mid first round and gave him an opportunity to earn a starting spot, he did, and now he's a star?

What is the argument here? That they didn't give Alpi his role for nothing?

I think it is better that Alpi worked his way up to a starting role and now hopefully into an all-star. I mean I don't like how Silas coached but it was not some great evil done to Sengun. It's not like we wasted his career away. He's 21, the best years, I hope, are just ahead of him.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Jabari Smith becomes a better player than Alperen Sengun, we are going to have the 86 Celtics up in here, which is fine by me.

Have you noticed Alperen shift his game to Jabari’s emergence? Imagine the synergy between the two in 3-4 years… Good lord.

Tari+Jabari+Alperen seem to be pretty damn locked in here in H-Town. So f’ing exciting. Excited for Amen to get some run and join in the fun.

IvanLCPM, Richie_Rich, vince and 4 others like this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

If he gets traded, do you go with him? Just asking

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

15. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Recognition is healing.

Also what did the Rockets do that was so bad? You think if he was given the leeway that Jalen or KPJ was given...I hate hypotheticals but understand this...some trolls on this forum seems like they caused a great trauma to his supporters...When so called SOFs argue many mistreatments of Alpi, these clowns always say "Be a Rockets fan, don't be a player only fan." Is that fair to say? I think not. Alpi fans didn't ask anything but to recognize the talent and the existence of the mistreatment. I don't have to go search too far away posts long time ago. See below the two trolls for yourself. There are posters here that would love Alpi to go to another team than @Sengoat28 , believe me. If you didn't see the many mistreatments of Alpi and his supporters in the last 3 years, I don't know what to say to you?

AlperenSengun likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think they prioritized KPJ over Sengün in the first 2 years......I mean it is tragic actually but people have forgotten and forgiven Stone in an instant .....

And also Jalen Green was prioritized heavily....

The sky is not falling but I can see why some fans were pissed about it and still are.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I might add KPJ's and Jalen's mistakes/missed assignments were mostly wrongfully fallen onto Sengün's shoulders.......

Yet you barely hear KPJ was a bad defender by so many Clutchfans.

19. maypk

maypk Member

The Rockets franchise went through times when their 1,5-month-old pro rookie had better talent evaluation than the coaching staff and the front office, but those days are behind us.

However, posting stuff like "I want "x" to leave the Rockets and join Doncic or Jokic or whoever because he was mistreated earlier :(" on a Rockets fan forum is dumb regardless.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are the reason why Rockets fans hate SOF. :mad: Fortunately, there are plenty of Rockets fans who love Sengun. Some people just can't separate the two kinds.

clos4life, YOLO, maypk and 1 other person like this.