1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hydrochloriquine/Z-Pack/Zinc, savior of America?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ElPigto, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Citation Needed.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I argued this weekend with a bunch of right wingers and brought up the arrythymia risk and personally I didn't think it was worth it unless it was last resort. They thought I was delusional. I'm concerned with this massive misinformation campaign that has medical consequences.

SWTsig, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So apparently, Google, Facebook, and Twitter are trying to scrub the video for spreading misinformation. I'm just wondering why these doctors, who are supposedly quacks, got such a press conference without any verifiable evidence.

4. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Because it’s America and you can do anything. I can hold a press conference right now about how Harden should shave his beard.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The following is from a blog post by a guy who does clinical drug trials for a living from back in April. I've posted it before, but it's right on point. Its also kind of long and dense so I imagine most people skip right past it.

A lot of people believe "giving hope" is more important than any actual clinical significance, often for selfish, sinister reasons, but sometimes for misguided reasons, too. Empty hope is seductive but ultimately empty.

There is an entire industry in Mexico and some other shady places selling "cancer cures" like amygdalin that had a clinical trial or two that looked pretty good on a small scale but which were later proven false on closer inspection to people who have no other hope.

#45 Ottomaton, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

If I held a press conference on Facebook about Biden being allied with Gates to implant demon seeds into our anuses I would easily get 10k+ viewers because social media is broken and promotes garbage over the truth. If I had a Q sticker, add an additional 100k viewers and tons of bots to promote it.

SWTsig, RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

upload_2020-7-28_8-23-41.gif

RayRay10, mdrowe00 and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This is one of the things I was looking for which I didn't think about initially. I guess this is how we have a man like Rand Paul, angry at Dr Fauci for not providing more hope to the people of America.

Thanks for the discussion everyone, I seriously learn a ton here on Clutchfans from all the sources and articles you guys post. I do my best to keep up with current events and stay on top of things, but this one particular thing was bugging the hell out of me because I just couldn't for the life of me understand how some politicians are giving life to this messaging. It seriously is disturbing and irritating because ultimately doctors on the front line will deal with nut jobs that believe these particular doctors and will demand a drug that may be more of a placebo, however, a placebo that could have consequential side effects.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

There is no "supposed" about it -- they are quacks. The "press conference" you refer to was only carried by the far right Breitbart -- which should have been OPs first sign to disregard. The speech that has gotten the most attention is anecdotal evidence from a "doctor" who believes vaccines make people non-religious and appears to practice out of a ghetto strip mall next to a vape shop and discount furniture store.

Seriously, this is the woman that Donald and Rudy put forward as the truth bringer. It's insane-

Kim, DVauthrin, Nook and 3 others like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't want to just disregard it. I know who Breitbart is and I certainly don't spend time on their website getting my information, but I'm not a medical expert nor can I admit that I've read every research paper out there, so I genuinely wanted to have a conversation about it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess no surprise this is being driven by Trump again.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...ed-trump-falsely-claiming-covid-cure-n1235075

Twitter removes tweet highlighted by Trump falsely claiming COVID-19 'cure'
    It is the social media platform's latest action against the president.

WASHINGTON — Twitter removed a tweet that had been retweeted by President Donald Trump that falsely said that there was a cure for the coronavirus.

Late Monday night, Trump retweeted the tweet from an account with the handle “@stella_immanuel” that said: "Covid has cure. America wake up."

Twitter soon after removed the tweet and replaced it with a gray box that says, "This Tweet is no longer available."

A cure for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, doesn't exist and scientists have been working on developing both a range of treatments as well as vaccines. They and the Trump administration are racing to have a vaccine ready by the end of the year.

Twitter said early Tuesday morning, "Tweets with the video are in violation of our COVID-19 misinformation policy."

Trump also retweeted tweets defending the use of the drug hydroxychloroquine, including one that accused Dr. Anthony Fauci, a member of the White House coronavirus task force, of misleading the public by dismissing the drug.

"I have not been misleading the public under any circumstances," Fauci responded on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday morning when asked for his reaction to Trump's retweets.

Fauci reiterated that the "overwhelming prevailing clinical trials" that have looked at the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine have indicated that it's "not effective" in treating the coronavirus.

This comes as Trump has recently tried to take a more moderate approach to the COVID-19 pandemic.

He conceded, for example, last week at one of his restarted coronavirus White House briefings that it will likely "get worse before it gets better." The president has also been touting the importance of wearing masks after dismissing them for months. Despite his change in tone, he pushed states to reopen on Monday as a number of experts are calling for states to shut down.

Twitter has been much more aggressive in recent months in either removing tweets posted by the president, fact-checking them in real time or even placing warning labels over them.

The social media giant first fact-checked a pair of tweets posted by Trump in May when he claimed there was "NO WAY" an election with boosted mail-in voting would be legitimate. Twitter added a fact-check label to both tweets.

A few days later, Trump signed an executive order that asked federal regulators to revisit a 1996 law that protects websites from liability for what their users post.

And then a day after he signed the executive order, Twitter put a tweet from Trump behind a warning label, which said that the president had violated its rules against glorifying violence when he tweeted about protests over the death of George Floyd.

In June, Twitter and Facebook removed a video posted to Trump’s social media accounts of a "racist baby" because of a copyright claim from one of the children’s parents. Twitter labeled the video "manipulated media."

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

My wife took HCQ for 15 years for Lupus. For her it was an immunosuppresser that stopped her immune system from overreacting.
    I could see how this would supress symptoms but I don't see how it helps rid you of the virus. By the way she passed in January from a flu like viral infection (I tested negative for Covid though)

In the next 97 days we are going to hear THE most outrageous **** from god knows who trying influence the election. Take everything with a grain of salt and vet it before you believe it.

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I know and I don't fault you for investigating despite the source -- it did go viral and was promoted by trump leaders. But I don't think you bothered to look into the source and instead spread the video to discuss it. I hope you now realize how full of **** that whole thing was.

There is no agenda to keep the economy locked down and make people die. We all want a cure, republican and democrat. It really sucks not being able to have sports and go out like normal. There's no way the Trump administration would allow a legitimate cure or vaccine to be suppressed -- there's no way the medical community would allow that either.

@Dubious I am sorry to hear about your wife.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Thanks, I went on about it some months ago. Only included the story as anecdotal to HCQ.

Nook, RayRay10 and LongTimeFan like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Correct. I definitely do not believe in some grand conspiracy theory to throw Trump out of office. I'd be happy if Trump was kicking ass with the pandemic response because that would mean he was actually a responsible leader. It sucks that he decided to go another route in regards to his administrations response (or lack thereof).

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Mengele was a doctor...

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What I meant by this is that I went to go look through a couple of state licenses and realized they had a medical license issued. My initial question when watching this was are these people medical doctors. I admit, I only checked a couple of them. I guess the other driver behind posting this was due to the epidemiologist from Yale releasing his take on HCQ.

Point taken though.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Good stuff man lol.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.