1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Floyd autopsies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 31, 2020.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I believe that autopsy like I believe Epstein’s.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sorry, but that's not what the autopsy report said.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Has bigtexxx always been this tone deaf?

Eric Riley, amaru and Andre0087 like this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The autopsy report is only based on the autopsy. It is not to be interpreted by itself, just as any other medical document should not be interpreted by itself. You have to look at the entire “clinical” picture.

rusHour, Nook, T_Man and 1 other person like this.
  5. bigtexxx

I'm sorry, but that is your opinion. You're not a professional. I'll listen to the professionals here, because you are not believable.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You got me, I am just a keyboard warrior.

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I'm amazed how fast they completed the Autopsy... The only time its done this fast is on tv... Usually it takes weeks or a month..

T_Man

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Tex I read the report that’s there so far

1) they say combination of factors including the restraint during arrest

2) the autopsy isn’t even finished , every thing I’ve read says “potential intoxicants” meaning the blood work hasn’t even come back yet .

3) strangulation / axphyxia I don’t know how technical those terms are ... but my doctor friend said it’s possible that he didn’t die from lack of oxygen it was lack of blood flow to the brain etc. So maybe a different term is used.

Look , a million (not really ) different things could have happened . He could have had a heart attack while 3 guys were on top of him , he could have had a panic attack , but to think that the officers had nothing to do with his death is pretty dumb imo .

rusHour, Eric Riley, JW86 and 3 others like this.
  9. bigtexxx

I have not yet seen the video prior to the policeman having him on the ground. What happened before? Was there a struggle/resistance?

10. T_Man

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If only Derek Chauvin was around, he could put his knee to its neck.

dobro1229 likes this.
  12. bigtexxx

Thanks for posting this. There was a struggle that wasn't captured on video. Those were the key moments - what happened during those moments? Did Floyd resist the police? Why would the police have escalated it if he had not? Things were civil up to the point where the view becomes obstructed.

Additionally - Floyd didn't look right at the beginning of the video - he looked like he was under the influence of something. Lack of balance.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I have seen clips , nothing to indicate resistance .

Obviously full body can footage isn’t available yet .

I can appreciate the “wait for the fact mindset” and I’m no lawyer so maybe the video alone isn’t enough evidence to prove anything . Same with autopsy .

I’ve tried to approach this from the angle of “the police just made mistakes and other factors (the crowd , underlying health , bad training ) is what led to the death .... but the level of mental gymnastics required to reach that conclusion is pretty high .

all the good will goes out the window when he stays on top of an unconscious dude for multiple minutes . I see agonal gasps from the victim , crowd members trying to appeal with logic ... still not 1/4 officers was able to use common sense in the situation .

it was a massive failing and the officers need to be punished (and prolly outside of losing their jobs)

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude....

The psychopath had his knee on a man who was motionless and probably ****ing dead for 4 entire minutes.

Go the **** away.

Eric Riley and JW86 like this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The full ME's report is still pending.

16. T_Man

Lets play...

Why would the police move him from the main camera...

Why did the patrol car move and park in front of the camera to block the view..

There were 3 officers there and the suspect had his hands cuffed... So there would not be a very dangerous struggle even if there was one..

As you stated the suspect looked as if he had no balance and had his hands behind his back in handcuffs.. So what type of struggle could the suspect give...

There were 3 officers detaining the suspect who was not at full strength and in handcuffs.. so no need for a knee to the suspect neck..

If the suspect is already apprehended why was he held on the ground for 8 mins and not put in the squad car?

T_Man

rusHour and JW86 like this.
  17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

It wouldn't matter to me how he died. Doesnt make whats in the video any better

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He’s always been a troll and just a general ******* but people are still drawn in to debate with him which he does in bad faith.

Eric Riley likes this.
  19. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

He is just not very smart

Eric Riley likes this.
  20. bigtexxx

If there are any lessons learned from this, on both sides, we owe it to ourselves to discover them, in order to prevent future tragedies.