1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

She let's me too. Sweet woman.

Deckard and DonkeyMagic like this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ain’t no laws?

LonghornFan likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Gilead had said they were seeing that the efficacy was similar between 5 and 10-day doses in one of their studies, so who knows. In any case, congrats and hopefully he'll continue improving.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

o_O

[​IMG]

#7384 Commodore, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Stay at home! Get sick! Thanks, Cuomo! My message to these so-called self-quarantining at-homers...quit sharing the joints and bongs you morons! And, quit breathing on each other having secret backyard BBQs! Otherwise, Cuomo wants you to wear gas masks at home and will feed you up the butt.

7. Major

Major Member

Did anyone even look at the other options besides "Home" on the chart? It has nothing to do with people staying home, but about where they live. "Home" includes essential workers, for example. It includes cops, firefighters, nurses, restaurant employees, grocery store workers, uber drivers, people who to grocery stores, etc. It basically includes everyone not homeless, in jail, or living in group homes. So it's not terribly surprising that most of the cases would come from the category that has ... most of the people.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

you have a low iq

Nook likes this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Need more data behind this because it doesn't make any sense. What is home?

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Rather than insulting him maybe try to find an explanation.

Deckard likes this.
  11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yeah they need to break down the "home" crowd and find out if there are any essential workers (and what type) in the household. Then you can see if the home crowd is picking it up on the job and bringing it back home or picking it up while getting essentials.

Personally I feel more threatened in Walmart than I do anywhere else that's open (and I live in an open state). I mask and lube up in there.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

13. conquistador#11

Posted previously that the german soccer league had begun practicing. They had a little set back but now have been cleared
    to start the Bundesliga in 8 days. FC Bayern Munich, no fans allowed.

JumpMan likes this.
  14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I believe the point people are trying to make is how pointless the slide is. Prisons, assisted living and nursing homes are ..... homes too.

One of the chief complains I hear (and I agree with) is the amount of misinformation, top to bottom. You should be attacking the complete idiocy of the slide. There is no surprise at this point why NYC is such a massive epicenter. Cuomo is completely incompetent.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

So witty!

That is the point of flattening the curve. No where did anyone say 'Stay home until we get a vaccine'. It was all about getting a better understanding of the virus and not overwhelming the hospital systems. We have a much better idea about the virus. The hospitals in most places are largely empty. Its time to start opening up, specifically the non emergency side of the medical system.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Do I take it that you and yours are now going to be out and about more? You know ... doing your duty to jump start the economy.

80% of the public wants strict social distancing. I would not be surprised if that 80% stayed home and the other 20% have at it. That 20% will not bounce our economy out of the recession. That 20% will start to fill those empty hospitals, hopefully not overwhelming them.

The point of why I posted that tweet was not to stupid-shame virtual signaling. It was to give the rationale for why 80% will maintain our strict social distancing.

BTW, the better idea we have about the virus is that there is no current therapeutic that reduces the CV's mortality rate. We will know 2x by the end of May, since the CV hospitalizations will continue, no matter how open or not we are.

80% of Americans support strict social distancing measures: 5 survey findings

robbie380, DVauthrin and Deckard like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That slide does separate prisons and assisted living facilities from homes.

Nook likes this.
  18. Major

Major Member

The slide IS idiotic (or maybe just used out of context). As were Cuomo's comments and lack of understanding of what it was conveying. As were all the people who tweeted the slide trying to use it to argue that stay-at-home is the cause of the outbreak. As are people like Commodore who's only purpose in life seems to be to retweet things that he doesn't even understand.

#7398 Major, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Nook, robbie380 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

What is the lube about?