1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lesser of two evils

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, May 7, 2000.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Unbelievably... I found myself rooting hard for Scottie Pippen Sunday...

I hate Pippen (though honestly I don't have a burning hatred for the Blazers), but nothing is lower -- and I do mean nothing -- than the Utah Jazz.

Malone and Stockton must retire ringless. Period.

Pippen has it so easy in this series though ... they had Jeff Hornacek on him all game.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I found myself switching back and forth.

Then I realized, "I don't care who wins, because whoever it is will be whomped by the Lakers." So, I felt better that neither the Jazz nor Pippen would even make it to the finals this year.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

What a call, the cheaters vs. the $75M team.

But damn I hate the Lakers. It's not Kobe, i's not Shaq...

Phil Jackson is the most arrogant schumck ever.

My dream involves the Blazers taking out the Lakers, and then NY beating POR in the finals.

I'll settle for POR over LAL.

------------------

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Achebe thats exactly how I feel. Though I cant stand that stupid ass Shaq, and the over hyped Kobe, Phil Jackass is the most annoying mother fu!ker in the world (beside malone, stockton, and jerry sloan of course). Though I cant stand Pippen either, I hope Blazers beat the zen out of his
    fu!kin triangle offense. Then New York beats Portland in the final. If I really had my way though, Id want Penny to win the ring.

------------------
    Now introducing the starting lineup for your Houston Rockets: Starting at Center, from Wake Forets TIM DUNCAN...

5. JVoss

JVoss Member

I'm right there with Clutch. As long as the Jazz go ringless I'll let everything else slide ...

------------------
    "You ^WILL Love this game." -- NBA

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don't hate Pippen or the Blazers, don't hate the Jazz, but I do hate the Lakers. I'm rooting hard for the Blazers in the 2nd round simply because they have the best chance to beat LA. On the other hand, if LA lost, I don't know what I'd do! I wouldn't have anyone to root for or against.

------------------
    "It was the House of Whores, and then it became...the House of Horrors."

-C.C. Deville

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I am on the same bandwagon with you Clutch. Actually, Hornacek is a hard nosed player, not bad defensively either, but can hardly match up with Pip-Squeak's size and athleticism. So, where was this last year Pip?

I actually like the Blazers, all but Pippen. I hope they take it to Utah and then LA. I am, after all, the Anti-Shaq.

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Apparently it was there... if he had ever had the good fortune of squaring off with Wally Szczerbiak and Jeff Hornacek... the Blazers are deep so he gets the luxury of cakewalk matchups...

However what we saw last year from Pip in the playoffs is waiting for him in the next round.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

9. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

As long as the pacers win it all, I will be happy [​IMG]

------------------
    You just want to be on the side thats winning.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can't decide. I'm leaning towards rooting for the Blazers to go to the Finals (this is assuming that the Suns have no chance). I do think I hate the Lakers more than the Jazz at this point. At least if the Jazz win it, which they won't, the media orgasm will not be at great as it would be if the Lakers win it. If the Lakers win it, it will be unbearable.

Basically, I'm going for the East!

------------------
    Get your proper swirve on...visit www.swirve.com (coming in late May, for now visit www.eesite.com)

11. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

You guys have it all wrong.

The Lakers are the favorite.
    The Lakers are supposed to win it.
    The Lakers have the MVP (Which guarantees a trip to the Finals)
    The Lakers have won plenty of championships before.

So, if they win it again this year, it won't be such a big deal.

BUT, if the stupid Jazz win, it'll be the crowning achievement for Malone and Stockton, which I couldn't stand.

AND, if the Blazers win it, that stupid ass punk Quitten will get yet another ring, and will go out and tell the world how HOUSTON was holding him back.

I don't want the Heat to win it, because I think Riley is the most overrated coach in the NBA. Yes, even more than stupid Phil Jackson.

I could stand for the Knicks to win it, because I like so many of their players, and I think they have a good coach.

I could stand for the Pacers to win it, because I like Bird. (But, I absolutely hate [​IMG] Jailin' Rose)

None of the other teams even have a chance...

------------------

12. insideout

insideout Contributing Member

I totally agree DREAMer. How can the Lakers be worse than the Jazz? When did in our glorious runs to the championships were the Lakers a factor? Our nemesis aren't the Lakers or Kobe or Shaq or even Phil.. it's Sloan, Malone, Horny, and flopboy Stockton. While individuals may have problems with the arrogance of Shaq or Phil, the Rockets organization--the team--the heart--will forever struggle with the cheap play making schemes of the Jazz. We defended the crown from their evil clutches twice before during their prime, and so did the Bulls during their downward ascent; it now comes to the Trailblazers, that chimera from up north, to do the rest. It can never be said that the Jazz triumphed in their old age, that victory shall never be theirs. Even if Pip is a worm, cut him off from the Blazers, and they'll not be posioned anymore.. the Jazz, however, are beyond hope.

But I digress [​IMG]

My vote goes towards the Lakers. They're supposed to win, so that takes the glitz away somewhat. I'm rooting for the Sixers, but... sigh, oh well.

------------------
    he shakes.. spins baseline.. fades away.. oh.. he buries the dreamshake again! what a move!

13. TraJ

TraJ Member

I too found myself pulling for the Blazers in their first game against the Jazz. Scottie may be an idiot, but the Jazz are just plain evil.

------------------

14. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Dreamer,

I have to totally disagree with you. I think that Riley performs miracles with the Heat year in and year out. Who else does he have besides Mourning? The guy pushes that team to 50+ wins every year. I think he is the best coach in the league. He completely rebuilt the Heat and unlike Phil, doesn't leave to go to a team already loaded. He said that if this team doesn't win this year, he is starting from scratch with just Mourning to build around. I think the guy is great.

As for the playoffs, my dream is for the Blazers to beat the Lakers and the Blazers losing to the Pacers.

That way, I won't have to hear how Shaq is catching up to Olajuwon or how Kobe is playing "Micheals" role or how Phil is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Or hear how Pippen is stepping out of Mikes shadow or how he was the missing piece. Where was that piece when he was here? What a punk.

But most of all, Bob Costas will have to find another "playergasm" cuz Kobe won't be there for him or Kermit the Frog to talk about and slob over.

------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.

[This message has been edited by Almu (edited May 09, 2000).]

15. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Almu,

But, he always happens to get great players and teams in their primes. Then he leaves when there's a chance of things going down hill.

Lakers - Magic, Worthy, Byron Scott, A.C. Green, Kareem

Knicks - Ewing, Mark Jackson, John Starks, Charles Oakley, .... I'm sure there were others

Heat - Tim Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, P.J. Brown, Jamal Mashburn

-----------------------------

Just don't see how he is such a great coach. Sure, he's a good coach. But, he never could beat the Bulls with the Knicks. And don't say no one could've beat the Bulls, that's BS, we could've beat the Bulls, and he was in their Conference, so his team should've been designed to beat Chicago. Now that he's with Miami, he can't beat the Knicks. I think Jeff Van Gundy gets more done with less talent year in and year out.

------------------

16. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Dreamer, he is not going to leave Miami. He is going to stay for the rebuilding since he controls the whole show and is part owner.

And he is suppose to lose to the Knicks. They are a WAY better team than the Heat. Besides Mourning, where do the Heat have an advantage? Not even at the point guard position do the Heat have an advantage because Hardaway is really hurt and is on his last legs.

Look who Riley led to a 50 win season:

A busted and over the hill Majerle.

A busted and over the hill Hardaway who was hurt down the stretch of the season and still won 6 out of 9.

Mashburn, who is playing well, but never shows up in the big game.

PJ Brown? Nuff said.

Anthony Carter is a rookie who can't shoot.

And Bowens, who was cut by Boston, as the bench?

The Knicks have Sprewell, Houston, Camby, LJ(who made 2 huge baskets down the stretch in the Raptor series to put them over the top).

Ewing is showing his age and that is the only matchup they win. Knicks will win in 5 and Riley needs to get more weapons if he wants to advance.

Im rooting for the Pacers. Not because I like them, but because my buddy Mantronix told me to root for them or else... [​IMG]

------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.

17. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

go knicks....of all the evils there isnt anything that evil about the knicks except maybe ewings grill...

how can anyone in their rockets right mind root for pippen...i like rasheed but come on that piece of #$%& pippen is a fraud he is just like phil jackson and rides the coattails of jordan..now he riding the deep portland team...that freak not thefreak pippen makes me want to vomit

------------------