1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is that guy freakin serious? I can barely watch him with all the editing and hand movements.

Sajan likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this dude is a Houston guy
    His videos are nuts but informative

BigShasta, CCity Zero and peleincubus like this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Financial Advisors mostly get paid on the transaction. Think commission. There are no commissions on a 401k to 401k transaction.

Whoever runs your current 401k may provide you with a financial representative who could assist you with the transfer.

My advice is to roll your old 401k into a brokerage IRA. Do this every time you switch jobs. A brokerage company like Fidelity will help. Steps to take:
    1. Open a IRA at Fidelity or other broker
    2. Talk to Fidelity about how they want the transfer check made out (something like ... Fidelity For Benefit Of John Doe)
    3. Call the old 401k plan provider and tell them you want to transfer
    4. They will likely send you paperwork to fill out and return
    5. Eventually they will send you a check that you take to Fidelity and deposit into you IRA account

Benefits of transferring into an IRA
    1. One less address to update on a move
    2. Your old company may switch plan providers
    3. Your old company may be bought out, merged or go out of business
    4. Brokerage IRAs have way more investment options

arkoe likes this.
  4. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I don't understand why anyone would want to be anywhere near the US Stock Market right now. It had an incredible run, but it was largely artificial.

I don't get it. Candidate Trump called the stock market "a big fat ugly bubble". He was right then, but suddenly he gets into office and its "the greatest economy the world has ever seen." Which is it?

Spacemoth, Sajan and Andre0087 like this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ive made 4 trades this week and positive on all. I'm waiting on Boeing Monday. ill be crying in this thread eventually.

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

futures limit down right now...buckle up..

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

There was actually a Trump tweet about the stock market contrarian indicator that nailed the top perfectly.

8. Senator

Senator Member

There are enough companies with long term strength in their global reach, and there has been nothing artificial about their run. Like every market, you have your smoke and mirrors, but by and large invest in solid companies long term and you'll make more than any other avenue of investment.

whag00, davidio840 and CCity Zero like this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

There's money to be made but you have to be daytrading. I am not sitting on anything at the moment, I think the longest stock I held last week was 36-hours tops. You're right it's going down but you can make money now. I'm waiting for good news to dump everything into the long long, but will slowly add positions on some that I know will be buy and forget. Right now easy money is short/buy inverse etf funds. And I absolutely agree it's artificial so you get out early and take profits.

I mean if a stock has an avg volume of 2 million a day in trades and is suddenly trading 120 million + a day, you get out and take profits when you see the signs. If you're off a few points - who cares? money is money

davidio840 likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

We probably missed the ride on this and it could swap/news change/dump but watch GHSI and MED in the morning/pre-market - I have a feeling these were missed last week and will pop but could be a quick ride. Just be careful these ones are not guaranteed until I get a chance to check what things look like in the morning.

Also, look at NBY again, and as always this isn't financial advice. But watch for quick gain again, take profits and move on.

jsingles and RKREBORN like this.
  11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

What are your thoughts on TVIX?

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I am also wanting initially to see how the stocks look with the physical stock exchange being closed, worried most investors might pull back initially - even though it's all electronic... Just might be a reality check/shock (unless the media just uses stock footage they have but I doubt it).

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I really think this could go up a lot, but if you get in be ready to move quick. Like if the government agrees on a stimulus package or some miraculous good news that changes things this will fall, so make it very short term if you do it and watch it closely. Ideally we would have got in few weeks ago. But be sure to watch super close.

Again, not financial advice but this could be a very nice short play.

Like set small marks depending how many you buy shoot for 800+ so you take profits, I just worry any good news or momentum swing and it will hurt. If I order pre-market I'll update. Just be very careful.

Lastly if we do get stimulus and that's it, depending how good it should drop short term and go up again I bet

#8853 CCity Zero, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  14. myco

myco Contributing Member

I am a novice at this so probably won't be jumping on anything said here since I am pretty uninformed. That said, and excuse my ignorance, but what platform do you daytraders (or part-time day traders) use to trade?

15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Got in on two of the TIVX last week at $590, was seeing it was at $900 last Wed

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

I did that for the first time last week. Made 650 in 15 mins on PLAY. Got the hell out before it plummeted.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, without any outside interference I think it could be solid, just watch it closely and any news from government. Like once the news hits it will drop but then come back I think because it's going to be a long way to the bottom still I think. So might move in/out a few times. Tonight if you can, watch to see what other markets look like, it won't always directly follow but could be an early indication of what we'll see and then watch pre-market. This should be able to be played on a few times.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice, this is absolutely the way to do it. And even if you miss the top just take profit and look for the next, you have to be careful w/ market but someone is making a killing so we will just ride with them and dip early. Anyway, Excellent move!

Sajan likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'll try to post in morning for tips but if you guys see anything just let me know. I think if we make good short plays can really profit a lot still

RKREBORN likes this.
  20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Do you have a day trade account with RH? Should I get one?