1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fascist tries to kill civilians for political beliefs/Most media ignores it

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Feb 12, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It seems like you are trying to cover all your bases here.

"He doesn't advocate violence but even if he did I don't support him"

You support him because you bootlick for him and defend him when it's obvious that any sane person shouldn't.

Here's him advocating for law enforcement to slam detained citizens on their squad cars who aren't even convicted in a court of law yet.

Here's him praising a politician for assaulting a journalist.

No this isn't "normal politics". This is "wannabe fascism".

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So...you don't vote because you don't support either candidate. I don't either, yet I vote because I wrote in a more worthy candidate, and, more importantly, voted in state and local elections on candidates and proposals that directly affect me and my community.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you get this verbatim from your alt-right blog?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I especially like that last bit from dachuda86, "[Dems] just don't want to moderate." That's rich.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He's managed to twist and construct the greatest strawman in his mind to help him rationalize his support of Trump. The Dems are somehow these corrupt individuals while Trump is "just an *******" - so hilarious.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Your point about how Trump's corruption is whitewashed......so true. And the part about "just an *******"?

As Garry Trudeau pointed out from his observations of Trump that led him to prominently include Trump in Doonesbury: "Biggest. *******. Ever."

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He is a moderate. Be pissy all you want but he is center right... which is most of America. The left has pushed the DNC to the edge of a cliff and moved the overton window. You need to get a grip man.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Anyone not with you is alt right.... sounds like you have had enough propaganda.. put the twitter down.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Good for you man.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

you ever get tired of all that stretching you do?

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The best part of this thread is you can see exactly who lacks a true understanding of fascism getting angry. The usual resident far-left squad descends upon it with religious fervor in their belief that only the right can be fascist. I knew yall didn't actually know anything about that political philosophy and the great triggering of 2020 would begin. Yall never fail to bring a chuckle.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So...you talk politics and rail on your opposition without ever bothering to exercise your freedom and right to vote...

Good for you, man

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What we've learned.

1. Sometimes people who don't like Trump and Republicans do bad things.
    2. If we are going to have a discussion about people who are fascist, then @dachuda86 should learn what fascism actually is.
    3. The media will cover people who commit murder while supporting the president more than they will cover a man who runs into a tent and doesn't injure anyone.

AleksandarN and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Anyone who repeats talking points from white nationalists is probably alt-right. Shocking!

Except fascism is defined as a right-wing authoritative movement. You seem to want to redefine it, which is fine, but then state that you are doing so

#194 Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I vote when I feel like it... usually on local bonds. I don't always stay out of the ballot box. Not really your business bob.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We learned you don't get that fasism is a philosophy on the right and left.... see communism and you will find examples.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

false... it is by some but not all. That is a very controversial way to define it and incorrect. If you actually know its depth you find it in communism. The philosophy and term has a much wider use today than in Mussolini's Italy. Yall can show me a definition that pushes the right wing angle but it is not exclusive to the right.

Look at Merriam Webster:

Definition of fascism

1often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
    2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

tell me more about how communism doesn't end in either definition... debate over.

#197 dachuda86, Feb 18, 2020
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is where you go wrong. In its broadest sense fascism is simply elevating the (perceived) needs of the community over the needs, interests, and/or rights of the individual—usually sacrificing the latter. Hence you can see the significance of “fascism” in a variety of contexts, not all right-wing . . . e.g., eco-fascism.

fwiw

dachuda86 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No you just described utilitarianism. That is not the definition of fascism.

Fascism is essentially the consolidation of power to a few individuals or a single individual where the public ties ultra-nationalistic pride to praising of the single individual. That is the most common trait shared amongst all fascist regimes. All fascists regimes has a singular leader who comvinces the public that his or her word alone is more credible than all the institutions of the government that are in place. Fascists also use rhetoric that blames people or groups with less power and clout for the common economic anxieties felt across to deflect from criticism of the leader himself. Fascists tend to use terms like "I alone can fix all the problems".

#199 fchowd0311, Feb 18, 2020
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]