1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 2/6/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 5, 2020.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Anybody know why James was wearing Reeboks? Hes getting paid 200 million to wear Addidas so kinda odd

BigShasta likes this.
  2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

ought to be a law against forcing Rockets' fans to listen to tnt.

lots of big men mouths open sucking air tonight. I like it! please follow through with a win against the Suns ...

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  3. WestendMassive

Watching the game now because i had meetings when it was on.

I'm 7 mins in and Chris Webber is just going on and on about how small ball isn't going to work against LA. Lol

Remlap, jboslett, saleem and 3 others like this.
  4. WestendMassive

Also wtf was Bill Simmons' angle? The Rockets are whipping the ball around way more than usual because of the hard double on Hargod

joshuaao, jboslett, Patience and 3 others like this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Westbrook was beasting without the elephant Capela in the way. Harden stopped taking stupid contested 3 pointers and played with energy. The pos ref tried rigging the game. Covington and house look nice out there.

And last, this is my first game in a couple of years I've watched from beginning to end.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

BMoney, Remlap and DeBeards like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

to make it easier for the refs to make the wrong calls or is it the right calls, I forgot how it works

DeBeards likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

And it shows, it shows!

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

That was refreshing to see. I really liked the increased ball movement. It helped get everyone involved. More of that please!

WestendMassive likes this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Same. Just now watching the game and it’s all they’ve talked about. It’s not even that he has bad takes, it’s just he’s repeating the exact same thing over and over again. And obviously he ends up being quite wrong for at least a game.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Nice take. Im still skeptical; i need to see several games to feel comfortable with the strategy, but this was a great start.

Most importantly, Covington looked great: fit in like he was born to be in this rotation. I didnt realize how great he was defensively; he was simply outstanding last night.

Give it up to the rockets. They are taking risks, innovating, and playing with heart. That can take u far. Who knows, it might just work...but im gonna reserve judgement till i see a few games.

BMoney and jboslett like this.
  12. WestendMassive

I think they were Adidas Kobe 2s?

[​IMG]

13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I am watching the TNT postgame show and Shaq is surprising the only one with some on-point analysis.

joshuaao, bro2044, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thats no Pope.

15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

The NFL has. The RPO, and running QBs in general, has transformed the game. Increased player safety rules have enabled the QBs and crossing receivers to actually survive and thrive. And the league is better for it. Provided they don't get quite as silly with the scoring as college. Although, maybe most people want a 56-43 kind of game?

Anyway, it's still way early, and they need a ring before being able to say this, but MDA might have just transformed professional basketball again. OTOH, it might be as I wrote pregame, that the NBA encouraged this victory by the Rockets last night, to give some suspense to the Playoffs. Whatever, I'll take it.

Hard to believe there was only 1 rebound difference between the two. And that LA shot so bad from outside.

I love it, and I will scrub myself with the tears of basketball media this morning.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

“Obviously, height-wise, but heart, each individual has heart. We can compete with anybody. That’s how we’re playing.” Harden

Remlap, DeBeards, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If someone told me that our Houston Rockets would beat a Lebron/ A.Davis led team with Javale and Kuzma on the road with Harden ending up with 14-7-7, I would have said you must be kidding.

Russ dominated them. Props to everyone else, especially Covington with his first game after returning to the Rockets.

I still feel we will need a big who can shoot and defend. Baynes would have been a very solid fit when healthy.

Will this encourage a good buyout player to sign with us? Will Morey become complacent after this win?

@ApacheWarrior @Deckard @BaselineFade

joshuaao, bro2044, Remlap and 8 others like this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I suspect commentators, in all of the sports, were always that dumb; we now have the Internet and DVRs to remember what they last said.

You sound a whole lot smarter on TV when you get the benefit of knowing what already happened, and there's no incentive to be consistent. Predicting how things will go, instead of explaining how they went, is much tougher.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets will go as far as Harden GOATBROOK takes them. ;)
    GOATBROOK the Rockets best player for a solid month now. :eek:

saleem and jcmoon like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member