1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not sure squealing helps him. He's indicted on federal charges. That means Bill Barr's people are the ones prosecuting the case. If Barr is looking out for Trump, he'd reward Parnas for keeping his mouth shut, not for squealing. It's kinda tinfoil-hat, but what if the whole reason he was indicted was to get leverage on him to stop him from testifying. Maybe Parnas is squealing only to make his case so high-profile that his prosecution becomes a partisan issue.

Anyway, reading about this guy's history and his current circumstances apart from his evidence and testimony about Trump, he looks shady as all get-out. Just in September, he got a million dollars from a pro-Russian Ukrainian who is himself fighting extradition regarding corrupt payments in India. And then Parnas didn't disclose the money in his bond hearing. People dismiss the testimony of criminals all the time and it is often specious. But in this case, people should be really circumspect about trusting what this guy has to say. Even the things he says that are true and verifiable might be selectively disclosed to achieve his own (or Putin's) goals.

If only Trump had been more circumspect.

da_juice likes this.
  2. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

If he's telling the truth... then how do you go about removing all those people he implicated when they all are leaders within our government? Crazy.

da_juice likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Thanks for the best laugh I have had all day.

If only Trump did not do crimes, he would not have have been impeached. Trump's careless disregard for laws has finally bit him in the ass. Trump is probably desperately wanting to settle this impeachment, like he settles all of his other legal problems.

Nook, da_juice, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  4. No Worries

Returning the favor after Trump threw him under the bus?

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

If susan collins isn't the most "both sides" senator in congress I don't know who is... but obviously, the heat she got for her previous position must have gotten to her...

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Was anyone else mesmerized by Parnas's combover? There was something about it that seemed mathematically impossible or perhaps he utilized a deck staining product.

jiggyfly and AleksandarN like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

of course it is true, there are tons of people that testified that it was true.

There is zero doubt, even with the Whitehouse and Pompeo stonewalling.

DD

LabMouse likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

I also believe he isn't "squealing", at least as a way to get a lighter sentence. That is how trump and his defenders are portraying parnas' statements and evidence releases.

trump has surrounded himself by shady characters most of his adult life. Not surprised he is surrounded by them in his presidency...

9. NewRoxFan

Interesting analysis, especially about susan collins and martha mcsally...

Impeachment Trial Set to Put Vulnerable Senate Republicans in a Familiar Bind
    Voters continued to sour on some, as Trump’s unpopularity threatens to drag them further
    • With a 52 percent disapproval rating, Susan Collins (R-Maine) is now the most unpopular senator in the country.

• Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) dipped to 3 points underwater while Sens. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) and Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) saw negligible movement.

• Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), not up for re-election this year, posted a 9-point slide in net approval, the largest of the quarter.
    https://morningconsult.com/2020/01/...erable-senate-republicans-in-a-familiar-bind/

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

It’s clear why Pelosi dragged her feet, it’s Blasey Ford all over again. A lot of shady crap going on.

#2970 mick fry, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  11. No Worries

You can clear this up for me.

I thought Pelosi rushed this whole impeachment process and vote through the House. She was not interested in due diligence or letting Trump defend himself.

Now that the impeachment is done, Pelosi took a whole week and a half to forward the impeachment articles to the Senate, after the Christmas break. Now she is dragging her feet?

First she was going too fast. Now she is going too slow. Can’t you guys make up your mind?

#2971 No Worries, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Cut it out with the victim hood fever dream. Answer one question for me.... did he do it?

Did Trump abuse his power by asking a foreign government for a political favor?

If your answer is no, I hope you realize that under your approval in 2023 President Elizabeth Warren will now have the precedent to call the foreign minister of Iran and say “I’d really like to remove those sanctions, but I need you to do us a favor and announce investigations into Nikki Haley”....

You can’t have it any other way. You are being told to not look at the facts, and instead go throw a fit in the corner because someone wasn’t as nice to you as you would have liked. Forget about the sideshow propaganda meant to get you to look away from the facts....

Did he do it?? Are you okay with that being acceptable moving forward for sitting presidents?

That’s it... this isn’t that complicated.

Nook, heypartner, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That’s what I thought about the first week this whole thing came up. It is obviously not ok to do this now or in the future. It is absolutely crazy they are still supporting this man. Absolutely nuts.

AleksandarN, RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  14. da_juice

da_juice Member

When you've lost the culture wars about abortion, gay marriage, and prayer in schools you do a lot of crazy things- like go all in on a sociopathic New Yorker so that you can stack the courts and stave off the inevitable.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Didn't Trump and bff Rudy choose these wisegais?

Bit hard to cry Planted Glove!!1111 on poor old OJ.

16. NewRoxFan

When all else fails when trying to defend the indefensible...

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

Week and a half huh? Well I guess even time is being manipulated by the left now.

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

I would hope if Haley had ties to a questionable foreign cooperation and is using her position to extort money then I am good with it, in fact it’s her duty as president if that’s what she campaigned on “drain the swamp”.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

What you’re not understanding is Trump is doing exactly what he got elected to do which was to disrupt and expose the elites in Washington, everything else is a bonus. Now that he has done so well he is looking at a reelection.

#2980 mick fry, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020