1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

There is no proof the Astros stole signs in the playoffs. The article references that they did in the regular season, and the ex-Astro doing the accusing wasn’t on the team’s roster at any point during the 2017 postseason (he was allowed to be in the dugout, however). Now, you have scorned teams and national media members saying the Astros cheated to win the 2017 World Series, even going so far as to suggest MLB should strip their title away. Which is complete bullshit.

Also, if it doesn’t bother you that two people with clear axes to grind against the organization (Fiers and Drellich) decide to work together on a story to tarnish the best moment in franchise history without concrete evidence, then you are the one whose reaction makes no sense.

The Astros won the 2017 World Series fair and square. Excuse me for being pissed off that two individuals holding grudges against the organization are able to accuse the team of stealing signs illegally in the playoffs without concrete proof, and the national media and fans of opposing teams across the world eat their words up like they are the Gospel.

#142 DVauthrin, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    IowaAstro, marks0223, BigM and 4 others like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. SuraGotMadHops

I only somewhat agree with that statement - outwardly, boastful, "look at me" men of God are the ones that tend to be scumbags/conmen....humble men of God are the real deal. I find Altuve to be very humble and discreet about his faith. We know he's religious but he's not constantly putting it in our faces. I respect him very much for that.

everyday eddie likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What in the actual ****?? How did this escalate to this point so quickly?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yankees scored 3 runs in 4 games at MMP lol.

3. Game 7 they scored a total of 0.

Maybe they were the ones stealing signs, after all, the Red Sox actually accused them of it that year too.

everyday eddie and BigM like this.
  7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

So I'm a huge Harden fan as y'all know.

But I'm from LA...and I'm just hearing about this. Jesus Christ, this is some sh*t.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I remember watching game 5 of the WS in '17 and man...

Some of the homeruns and big hits they got seemed like they were out of a story book.

10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Then you don't understand or are not familiar enough with the culture of baseball.

If you really believe that stealing signs in the worst thing the Astros did, then you are ignorant.

All of baseball cheats....... the players cheat, the front office cheats and the coaches cheat.

Also it is nothing like Spygate as far as outcome. In the Super Bowl the Pats had video of the Rams practicing there set plays......

FWIW Spygate was a joke too....... the Seahawks have been fined numerous times for cheating over the last 10-12 years and no one cares. The Jets were also caught videotaping the same season the Pats did.

11. Nook

Nook Member

As far as security always checking up on the bullpen....... they have done that since not long after MMP opened.... Also some of those people were employees for the Astros doing the manual scoreboard.

Look the Astros cheated, just like every other good team in baseball but some of this is a little paranoid.

awc713 likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Look at this reach lol. People are taking any little sound before a good take or hit and going... "SEE! Damn those cheaters man! They do it every at bat!"

13. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Also a lot of times it isn't like everyone from the front office or roster gets together and decides to do something. Players do things on their own. Sometimes without even telling other players. The front office has lower executives that try to cheat to move up.

It is just very pervasive in baseball.

As for Fiers....... I know the game has changed some, but he is going to be a pariah in every single clubhouse he plays for from now on out.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Fiers was one of the guys that other teams were convinced was cheating and it was just a matter of proving it.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Nook

Nook Member

You really don't think Altuve would lie about stealing signs?

Seriously? Have you watched him play........ he is a competitive monster, and would do anything to win....... and that is good because so is everyone else in baseball.

AznH-TownFan and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Just sitting here and thinking about it...what gain did Fiers think he would obtain from going on record with this stuff? Some kind of moral high ground?

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Don't know but I'm staying off of Twitter for a while. The stupid stuff going on is a little too much. So many douchebags it's now unreadable at least on my feed. The Astro fans are even unreadable.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

most likely he is sour about how his time in Houston ended and took the opportunity to trash them as revenge. Bad Idea Jeans.

20. conquistador#11

Mike fiers' gooey alien substance glove, I'd like a word with you.
    Those Yankees from 2017 let me tip a pitch, McCullers is throwing a curve ball, like his previous 21 pitches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.