1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 11/1/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2019.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

When we attack the basket, we look like scoring.... same thing regarding Harden. He's actually laying and dunking the ball pretty well this season..... it's his 3pt shooting that's been awful. I get he's trying to find his range, but it's going to destroy his confidence if he keeps having nights like this from the 3pt shot.

There is literally no way we can keep shooting this terribly from 3pt shot and playing this trash defense. Yeah, I know the other teams seem to be hitting every shot against this season. But we need change our gameplan.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, yall turn on people on a dime its really incredible. You guys are the definition of fair weather. Its not about how the team looks now, its about how the team looks in April. Good god, yall REALLY REALLY think Harden is gonna stay cold or you really think Gordon is gonna stay cold. The defense is one thing but sheesh.

Do you stooges even realize the rest of the league is COPYING ROCKETS BALL.

jcf, Roomba and FrontRunner like this.
  3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So why we paying Capela to sit on bench?

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The truth is it’s time to trade Capela for an elite 3&D power forward and a replacement center.

5. realonemo

realonemo Member

EG shooting struggles are a problem. Also harden has to abandon ship if the 3 ball isn't falling. You can't go 2-18 or 2-16 from deep...you stop at a certain point. The defense is gonna get Dantoni fired imo.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No he is not, stop being so damn dramatic. Geez, it's a long season.

Richie_Rich, Roomba and HP3 like this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

I would have rather seen Ben out there than Mike.

8. WestendMassive

Brooklyn isn't a bad team. They played well, we didn't. Add in horseshit refereeing and you get a learning experience for the Rockets.

jcf likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Fire DAntoni and Elston is your coach, is that really a better option?? Lol

10. eman

eman Contributing Member

I've said it before: Joe Harris would be a great fit on this (or any) team. If we're just going to jack 3s, it'd surely be nice to have someone on the court who can knock them down.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

this is why Morey needs to be gone. MDA and Harden are just following orders.

12. farhen

farhen Member

Sad to say but at these age of his choking career Jimmy is NOT gonna win a chip. He's just fooling us all for believing in him.

did I just said it out loud :p lmao

13. PWR

PWR Member

At this point, I can't disagree. I had big expectations for Clint this year. I thought he would be a 20 & 13 guy this year. Instead, he has regressed...big time.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Man LOL, do you guys think ANY coach with this roster could make a top 10 defense..do you really?

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Turn on a dime? Other than the opener versus Milwaukee, the Rockets are playing defense like these games are the equivalent of a pickup game at your local YMCA. That should bother every fan.

16. WestendMassive

It's infuriating. It is like no coach ever told them that you can't reel in a double digit lead in one or two plays, you've just got to keep chipping away at it and t.o do that you take the easy buckets when you have a chance to

17. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets were destroyed at the 4 and 5. Clint Capela was absolute garbage and Prince did whatever he wanted the entire game as well. You can’t expect to win like this.

On defense they are predictably lost. The perimeter players are not on the same page. Half of them are switching on almost everything and the other half are trying to play man to man and as a result teams are getting wide open three point shots.

It is a predictable mess.... I would like to that Tilman personally for not being willing to spend the money to get the defensive coach needed and for being indecisive at the trade deadline contributing to losing out on JaMychal Green, for not paying Ariza and not letting the GM add Patterson and Valentine.

You cannot cut corners in this game... it isn’t a chain restaurant where you can sucker dumbass tourists.

Enjoy playing a center that doesn’t work with Westbrook, playing Tucker 40 minutes.... having a **** defense over 3-4 million dollars and needing your top two players to score 75 points a night.

You caused this mess Tillman, now fix it.

BMoney, Deuce, Crashlanded19 and 8 others like this.
  18. KittzOr

KittzOr Member

Chandler benefited so much to the switching change, he looked actually good. I hope MDA let's the Centers stay with the Centers and not switch to the Perimeter but then Capela still looks trash.

ak99999 likes this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

One of the faults that has always driven me crazy about Morey. I was hoping to get old ass Korver this year, but nope.

MrSabotage, ak99999 and amaru like this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

It’s all good guys. I’m about to get on 2K and get this win back. I’m a 6’7” shooting SF and I’m hitting 50% on the year.
    :cool:o_O

yixiixiy and J.R. like this.